Faculty Name : Dr. A T Eswara
Department : Mathematics
Dr. A T Eswara
Professor and Head
Department of Mathematics
Education Details :
- Ph D, Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore,1993
- Master of Science in Mathematics, University Of Mysore, Mysuru,1978
- Bachelor of Science in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics , Govt. College Hassan , 1976
Personal Details :
- DOB: 01 February 1955
- Hobbies: Writing and reading scientific articles, writing Kannada poems and listening to music Languages Known: Kannada, English.
Research Details :
Area of Research :
- Computational Fluid Dynamics, Boundary Layer Theory & Pure/Applied Mathematics.
Number Ph D’s :
Conferences Attended :
- International Conferences (Abroad) – 06
- Session chairs in International Conferences - 04 (Abroad-03, In India-01)*
- International Conferences in India – 10
- National Conferences – 02
Session Chair in International conferences :
- 19th Australian Fluid Mechanics Conference(AFMC-2014), Melbourne, Australia, 2014
- International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics ( ICFMT- 2013), New York, USA, 2013.
- Int. Conf. on Mechanical Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering(ICMAME-2012). Tokyo, Japan, 2012.
- International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical, Computer Science and Technology, (ICERECT-2012) , PES College of Engineering, Mandya.
Experience Details :
- Working as Professor and Head at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 23 February 2015 till date.
- Worked as Professor and Head at PESCE, Mandya from 07 February 2001 to 31 January 2015.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at MCE, Hassan from 01 September 1993 to 06 February 2001
- Worked as Lecturer at MCE, Hassan , from 24 June 1983 to 31 August 1993
- Worked as Part time Lecturer at MCE, Hassan from 11 April 1980 to 23 June 1983
Academic Activities :
- Coordinated The International Conference on “Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT-2017)” on 15-16 December-2017 organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Paper Evaluator for Theory exams of Engineering Mathematics- I, II, III, IV; Advance Engineering Mathematics I, II under VTU.
- Paper Evaluator for Theory exams of Discrete mathematical Structure and Graph Theory and Combinatorics under VTU.
- External DCS for VTU Examinations
- Internal Chief Superintendent for VTU Examinations
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended one day FDP Programme on “Research Methodology & Teaching Information Security: An Overview”, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 9 June 2017.
- Attended one day workshop on “Bloom’s taxonomy”, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 31 January 2017.
- Attended one day FDP Programme on “Recent Trends in Science and Mathematics” (RTSM-2017), GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 11 January 2017.
- Workshop on “NBA Accreditation” from 21st to 23rd July 2015 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- ISTE Summer school on Continuum Mechanics, Operations Research, Advanced Numerical Methods. Anna University, Madras, May 11-31, 1987.
- QIP short term course on Two Phase Flows and Boiling Heat Transfer. Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Octorber 5-6, 1987.
- ISTE Work Shop on Computer Assisted Instructions. S.J.College of Engineering, Mysore. December 7-8, 1987.
- UGC Refresher Course on Analytical and Numerical Methods in Applied Mathematics. Department of Applied Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, May 1-20, 1989.
- UGC – DSA Seminar on Fluid Dynamics and its Applications. Department of Mathematics, Bangalore University, Bangalore, January 8, 1993.
- National Workshop on Antenna Design, Malnad College of Engineering and INSAT Master Control Facility, Hassan, January 24-25, 1997.
- Workshop on Application on Matlab for Engineering Education. Center for continuing Education, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, February 15-19, 1999.
- AICTE-ISTE Sponsored STTP on Recent Trends in Material Science & Mathematical Modeling. Department of PS & T and Mathematics, S.J.College of Engineering, Mysore. 28th July to 9thAugust – 2003.
- 33rd ISTE Annual Convention & National Seminar “On reaching the unreached”. Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore, December 27-30, 2003.
- Given a Technical talk on “A Brief introduction to CFD and its applications to a two-point boundary value problem” given to AICTE-STTP on Advances in WDM &PMAPT, PES College of Engineering, Mandya, February 08, 2004.
- 39th ISTE Annual Convention & National Seminar “Excellence in Technical Education through Innovation”. Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, December 17-19, 2007.
- National Seminar on “Recent trends in Mathematics”. Department of Mathematics, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta, Shimoga, May 05, 2008.
- 37th ISTE Annual Convention & National Seminar “ ”. National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka, December 18-20, 2009.
- 43rd ISTE Annual Convention on “Empowering Technical Education to Address Sustainability and Global Competitiveness”. Tatyasaheb Kore Institute of Engineering and Technology, Warananagar, Kolhapur, December 19-21, 2013.
- Two-Days workshop on “Strategic Leadership for Excellence”, International Academy for Competency Enhancement, Bangalore, September 5-6, 2013.
Faculty Publications :
- G. Ashwini and A.T.Eswara, “Hydromagnetic free convection flow over a truncated cone embedded in a thermally stratified medium” in Int. Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research, Volume 4, No. 8, 2017. (ISSN: 2393-8374), pp.62-66; DOI: 10.21276/ ijcesr.
- C.Poornima and A.T.Eswara, “Free convection flow in the stagnation point region of a three-dimensional body with variable viscosity” in Int. Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research, Volume 4, No.2, 2017. (ISSN: 2393-8374), pp.56-61; DOI: 10.21276/ ijcesr.
- A.H.Srinivasa, A.T.Eswara “Effect of Internal Heat Generation or Absorption on MHD Free Convection from an Isothermal Truncated Cone” in Alexandria Engineering Journal, Volume 55, 2016. (ISSN : 1110-0168), pp.1367-1373; DOI:10.1016/j.aej.2016.04.003
- K.R.Jayakumar, A.T.Eswara, “The Heat Generation (Absorption) Effect on MHD Free Convection Boundary Layer Flow over a Porous Plate with Temperature Dependent Viscosity and suction(injection)” in Int. Journal of Applied Matnematics and Mechanics,Volume 5, 2016. (ISSN : 0973-0184), pp.13-20
- A.H.Srinivasa, A.T.Eswara “MHD Free Convection from an Isothermal Truncated Cone with Variable Viscosity and Internal Heat Generation (Absorption)” in Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Volume 6 ,2016. (ISSN : 2248-9622), pp.35-41
- K.R.Jayakumar, A.T.Eswara, “Variable viscosity effect on MHD free convection flow over a porous plate with suction and injection” in International Journal of Mathematics and Computational Science(AIS Publishers, USA) Volume 1 , 2015. (ISSN : 1814-0432), pp.153-159
- C.Poornima, G.Ashwini, A.T.Eswara, “Unsteady MHD forced flow over a wedge with localized wall heating/cooling and suction/injection” in International J. of Pure Engineering Mathematics, Volume 3, , 2015, (ISSN : 1311-8080), pp. 1-16
- G.Ashwini, A.T.Eswara “Unsteady MHD decelerating flow over a wedge with heat generation/absorption” in International J. of Mathematics and Computational Science(AIS Publishers,USA), Volume 1,2015, (ISSN : 1814-0432), pp. 303-309
- C.Poornima, A.T.Eswara “Effect of localized wall heating/cooling on theunsteady MHD decelerating flow over a wedge” in International J. of Mathematics and Computational Science(AIS Publishers, USA) Volume 1,2015 (ISSN:1814-0432) , pp. 303-309
- G.Ashwini, C.Poornima,, A.T.Eswara “Unsteady MHD accelerating flow past a wedge with thermal radiation and internal heat generation/absorption” in Applications International J. of Mathematical Sciences & Engg., Volume 9, 2015 (ISSN: 0973-9424) pp.13-26
- A.T.Eswara “MHD boundary layers due to a point sink with temperature-dependent viscosity/ Prandtl number” in International Journal of Simulation and Optimization, Volume 4,2014 (ISSN: 2010-3697), pp.550-553
- A.H.Srinivasa, A.T.Eswara “Unsteady MHD laminar boundary layer flow and heat transfer due to an impulsively stretching surface” in International Journal of Modern Sciences and Engineering Technology “International Journal of Modern Sciences and Engineering Technology”, Volume 1,2014, (ISSN:2349-3755) , pp.550-553
- K.R.Jayakumar, A.T.Eswara “Non-Similar Flow and Heat Transfer with an Exponentially Decreasing Velocity Distribution” in Proc. of the Jangjeon Mathematical Society(South Korea), Volume 17, 2014,(ISSN: 1598-7264) , pp.633-639
- A.T.Eswara “MHD Falkner-Skan Boundary Layer Flow past a Moving Wedge with Suction (Injection)” in Proc. of 19 th Australian Fluid Mechanics Conference (AFMC-2014,Melbourne), Volume 1(No.138), ISBN:978-0- 646-59695- 2, DEC-2014
- A.H.Srinivasa, A.T.Eswara “Unsteady free convection flow and heat transfer from an isothermal truncated cone with variable viscosity”in International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer (Elsevier),Volume 57, ISSN : 0017-9310,2013,pp.411-420.
- K.R.Jayakumar, A.T.Eswara, “MHD laminar boundary layer flow and heat transfer over a moving cylindrical rod” in International e-Journal of Mathematics and Engineering Volume 233, (ISSN : 0976-1411),2013, pp. 2281-2290
- K.R.Jayakumar, A.T.Eswara, “The Laminar Boundary Layer on a Moving Cylindrical rod with an Applied Magnetic Field” in Applied Mechanics and Materials (Trans. Tech. Switzerland). Volume 110, (ISSN: 1660-9336),2012, pp.303-309
- A.T.Eswara, “Effect of variable viscosity and Prandtl number on the flow and heat transfer along a wedge” in International e-Journal of Mathematics and Engineering Volume 3, (ISSN : 0976-1411), 2012, pp.1809-1817
- G.Ashwini, A.T.Eswara “MHD Falkner-Skan Boundary Layer Flow with Internal Heat Generation or Absorption” in Proc. of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 65, ISSN:(2010-3778),2012,pp..687-690
- A.T.Eswara “Unsteady MHD laminar momentum boundary layer over a flat plate with leading edge accretion(ablation) “ in International J. of Mathematics and Scientific Computing, Volume 2,ISSN: 2231-5330,2012, pp.10-12
- A.T.Eswara “On Fourier series solution of MHD Falkner-Skan equation” in International J. of Mathematics and Scientific Computing Volume 1, ISSN: 2231-5330,2012, pp..91-94
Administrative Activities :
- Dy. Controller of Examinations, PESCE (Autonomous), Mandya (2008-2014).
Professional Membership :
- Member- Academic Senate, VTU, Belagavi-2016
- Fellow, Society for Sciences (INDIA) – 2009
- Member, Australian Fluid Mechanics Society-2014
- Life Member-Indian Society for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics-2014
- Life Member, Vigyan Parishath of India –2002
- Life Member, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)- 1986
- Member, New York Academy of Sciences (USA) – 1996
Institutional Membership :
- Chairman, BOS in Basic Science, VTU, Belagavi-2016
- Member, BOE (UG) – VTU, 2003-2004, 2004-2005
- Member, BOE (PG) – VTU, 1999
- Member, BOE (UG) – Mysore University, 1987-1989
- Chairman, BOE (UG) – Mysore University, 2001-2008
- Member, BOE(UG) – MSRIT(Autonomous), Bangalore, 2010-12
- Member, BOS(UG) – Dr.AIT(Autonomous), Bangalore, 2012-13
- Member, BOS(UG) – MCE(Autonomous), Hassan, 2011-12
- Member, BOS(UG) – BMSCE(Autonomous), Bangalore, 2015 to till date
- Member, Board of Appointments (Mathematics) – NIE(Autonomous), Mysore
- ISTE CALCUTTA CONVENTION NATIONAL AWARD - 2005
- Editor, Indian Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, New Delhi
- Reviewer: International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer-Elsevier, UK.
- Reviewer: Applied Mathematics and Computations -Elsevier, USA
- Worked as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Coordinator, for Engg.
- Mathematics-I to IV, in EDUSAT programme of VTU, Belgaum(2006-08)
Contact Details :
Department of Mathematics,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304 (Extn 135)
My Vision :
Educate the students/ Ph.D scholars in the domain of Applied Mathematics to tackle Engineering and Technological problems having real world applications.