Faculty Name : Sowmya G M
Department : Physics
Sowmya G M
Dept. of Physics
Education Details :
- Master of Science in Physics, University of Mysore, Mysore,2006
- Bachelor of Science (PMCs) ,MMK & SDM College, Mysore ,2004
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 05/8/1983
- Hobbies : Reading, Travelling, Listening to music
- Languages Known : Kannada, Hindi & English
Research Details :
- Doing research under the guidance of Dr. Paniveni U Professor, Dept. of Physics, NIEIT Mysuru with topic entitled “Rotational Effects on Solar Supergranulation”. I have completed Provisional Registration successfully.
Profession Experience :
Experience details :
- Working as Assistant Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysore from 01/9/2011 to till date
- Worked as Lecturer at GSSSIETW, Mysore from 16/10/2006 to 31/8/2011
- Sowmya G M “Rotational Effects on Supergranulation-A Survey” International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation (IJRSI), October, 2017.
- Sowmya G M “Power Infrastructure supplement based on Renewable energy power systems: A Review” International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR), June, 2017
- Rajani G, Sowmya G M, Yamuna M, Paniveni Udayshankar, R. Srikanth, “Fractal Dimension of Supergranulation” in International Journal of Mathematics and Physical Sciences Research, ISSN 2348-5736 ,Vol. 4, Issue 2, pp: (127-130), March 2017.
Academic Activities :
- Practical Examination for BE Examination VTU
- Theory paper valuation for BE Examination VTU
Faculty Development Activities :
- Sowmya G M, attended one day National Seminar on “Nanotechnology for Energy, Environment & Health” held on 28th February 2017 at NIEIT, Mysuru.
- Sowmya G M, attended one day FDP on “Blooms Taxonomy” held on 31st January 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Sowmya G M, attended one day FDP on “Recent Trends in Science and Mathematics (RTSM-2017)” held on 11th January 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended a Seminar on “Research Connect” at NIEIT, Mysuru held on 7th May 2016.
- Conducted a Special talk on “Heuristic Approach to Learn Physics” on 13th Feb. 2016.
- Organized FDP under ISTE Chapter on “Best teaching & Learning Practices” on 4th January 2016 at GSSSIETW.
- Attended 2 day “18th ISTE Faculty convection program” at PES University Bangalore held between 6th & 7th November 2015
- Conducted a Special talk on “Nuclear energy- applications & protection ascepts" on 12th September 2015
- Attended 3 day workshop on “NBA Accreditation” at GSSSIETW held between 21th to 23rd july 2015, Mysuru
- Inauguration of Science Club followed by the talk on “Make in India through Research-Innovation-Patent” by Dr. K Natarajan, Prof. & Head, Dept. of Chemistry, Director-Advanced Polymer Lab, RVCE, Bengaluru.
- Attended one day FDP on “Shock Waves & Material Science” at VVIET, Mysore, in Sept 2014
- Organized a lecture on “Women in Science & Engineering Education” by Prof. B A Patil Founder President, Think & Ink Science Foundation, Banglore.
- Attended National level Conference “Tantragnana”at GSSSIETW, in Oct 2009
- Attended two day workshop on “Novel materials & their applications” at JCE, Mysore, in AUG 2008
Administrative Activities :
- Web coordinator -2015
- Time table coordinator - 2014
- Engineers Day (Life time achievement of Sir. M Vishweshwaraiah PPT) Coordinator for the year 2013-2014
- Geethayaana -2014, Event Co-ordinator
- Invigilated COMED-K -2013, PG-CET-2013
Professional Membership :
- MISTE since 2014 with the membership ID of 96922
Contact Details :
Department of Physics,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 1201)
My Visions :
To contribute and diversify my knowledge and Skill in a provisional environment and enrich my work towards the organization goal.