Faculty Name : Yogesh M
Department : Mechanical
Associate Professor and Head,
Dept. of Mechanical,
Education Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D in Polymer Matrix Composites, VTU research center, SJCE, Mysore
- Master of Technology in Maintenance Engineering, SJCE, Mysore,2004
- Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial and Production Engg, NIE, Mysore ,2000
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 04/11/1977
- Hobbies : Reading books, reading novels, playing cricket, drawing
- Languages Known: English, Kannada, and Hindi
Research Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Associate Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysore from Sept.2006 to till date
- Worked as Lecturer at NIE, Mysore from Sept.2004 to Aug.2006
- Worked as Production Engineer at MGM Industries, Ganesh Forging, Mysore from Sept 2000 to Aug 2002.
- Yogesh M, Presented a paper on “Pineapple leaves Fibre and its polymer based Composites; A review” in International Journal of Science and Research, Volume 6, Issue 1, January 2017, pp 799-807
- Presented an International Journal on “Solid particle erosion response of fiber and particulate filled polymer based hybrid composites-A review”, at International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) Volume 06, Issue 01, January 2016, pp 25-39.
Academic Activities :
- Worked as External Deputy Chief Superintend in VVCE, VVIET, MIT, ATME, NIET, Mysore.
- Worked as Question Paper setter and valuator at university level for the subject of “Elements of Mechanical Engineering”
- Worked as Examination Squad Chairman at university level.
- Worked as Internal Deputy Chief Superintend in GSSSIETW, Mysore from 2006 to 2014.
- Worked as External Examiner in VVCE, VVIET, MIT, ATME, NIET, Mysore, BIET(Davanagere), RIT(Hassan), CIT(Ponnampet), CIT(Mandya), GEC(KushalNagar), GEC(Chamaraja Nagar)
Faculty Development Activities :
Workshop Attended :
- Attended one day FDP on “Research Methodology & Teaching Information Security- An overview” under ISTE forum on 9th June 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended National Seminar on “Advanced Materials for Better Future” on 20th May 2017 at VVIET, Mysuru.
- Attended one day workshop on “Bloom’s taxonomy” on 31st January 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attend three day workshop on “Research methodology and Research Motivational Aspect” in Association with IEEE Bangalore section from 27th to 29th July 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attend one day FDP on “cloud computing” under ISTE forum on 20th July 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended one day FDP on “OBE-NBA workshop” on 7th June 2016.
- Attended workshop on “NBA Accreditation” from 21st to 23rd July 2015 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended four days Faculty Development Program on CAED & CAMD conducted by ‘Autodesk, Inc’ at VTU Regional office, Mysuru from 30th April to 3rd May 2015.
- Attended Second National Level Conference TANTRAGNANA 2009 from 06th & 07th Oct 2009 organized by GSSS Institute of Engg. And Technology for Women, Mysuru.
- Participated in a MISSION 10X Learning Approach workshop From 04th Jan 2010 To 08th Jan 2010 (5 days Workshop) Conducted by Wipro Technologies, Bangalore, Venue at G S S S institute of Engg & Technology for women, Mysuru -17
- Solid works & it is Application, One day Workshop Program 24th Sept 2011 (01 day) Hotel Regalis, Mysuru.
- 4th Bangalore Nano-Science & Nano- Technology International Conference from 07th Dec 2011 to 9th Dec 2011 (3days), Hotel Ashoka, Bengaluru.
- Attended Two days workshop on Foundations for Project Proposals organized by Department of Computer Science and Engg. On 21st and 22nd Aug. 2009
- Participated SDP Programme on Hydraulics and Pneumatics organized by, the national Institute of engineering, at VTU-Bosch Rexroth Center of competence in Automation Technology, VTU Extension centre, Mysuru.
- Participated Two days wokshop on LATEX on 28th and 30th of July 2014, organized by Dept. of CSE & Electrical Electronics Engineering, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
Administrative Activities :
- Regularly coordinating video, photography and transport towards techno cultural fest, GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Worked as Supervisor for COMED-K (2006 to 2015), PGCET, GATE Examinations.
- Worked as Chief Superintend for KPSC/SDA-2015.
- Attended Govt. Public Meeting like Water supply for public.
Awards Received :
- Received awards and certificates for achieving 100% results in Computer Aided Engineering Drawing Subject from 2006 to 2014.
Contact Details :
Department of Mechanical,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 137)
My Visions :
I am a person who is peaceful and an example to others of that peace, which comes from faith in God. I am considered to be an inspirational teacher of great integrity. I lead a simple life style that includes plenty of time for me, my family, and my friends as well as service to others.’