Faculty Name : Santhosh. M.V
Department : Chemistry
Dept of Chemistry,
Education Details :
- (Ph.D) pursuing, under the guidance of Dr. P. Mallu, SJCE, Mysuru, under Visweswaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
- Master of Science in Chemistry, Department of Studies in Chemistry, Yuvaraja’s College,(Autonomous), affiliated to University of Mysuru, in the year 2010.
- Bachelor of Science, JSS College, Mysuru, in the year 2008.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth: 21/01/1988
- Hobbies: Involvement in Modern Agriculture based activities.
- Languages Known: English & Kannada.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, from 10.08.2016 to till date.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at JSS College, Nanjangud, from 15.07.2016 to 09.08.2016.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at NIE, Mysuru, from 1.02.2012 to 31.06.2016.
- Worked as Lecturer at SJCE, Mysuru, from 02.02.2011 to 24.12.2011.
- Mallupura V Santhosh1, Chimatahalli S Karthik1, Lingappa Mallesha2, and Puttaswamappa Mallu*1 In Vitro Antimicrobial Activity of Some New Azo Compounds Synthesized from 2-Aminoethyl Piperzine. Published in Chemical Science Review and Letters, 2014; 3(10), 224-230 (IF=4.00).
- M. Veeranna Santhosh1, C. S. Karthik1, L. Mallesha2*, S. Nagashree1, P. Mallu1* in Synthesis, Characterization, Antimicrobial Activity, and Optical Properties of Schiff Bases Derived from 4-(Aminomethyl) Piperidine. Published in Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science S1 (2016)206-212.
Academic Activities :
- Attended three days FDP on “Recent Trends in Nano Science & Technology (RTNST-2017)”, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 12 -14 October 2017.
- Attended one day International Symposium on “Advanced Materials (ISAM-17)”, SJCE, JSS Science & Technology University, Mysuru, 27th December 2017.
- Attended one day FDP Programme on “Recent Trends in Science and Mathematics” (RTSM-2017), GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 11 Jan 2017.
- Attended one day workshop on “Bloom’s taxonomy” GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 31 Jan 2017.
- Presented poster entitled “Synthesis and In Vitro Antimicrobial Activity of Some New Piperzine Azo Derivatives” in KSTA - Regional Conference on 'Science and Technology for Education and Health Care' on 21st and 22nd Feb 2014 at JSS college Ooty road Mysuru.
- Presented poster entitled “Synthesis, Characterization and In Vitro Anti-microbial Activity of Some New Azo Compounds Derived from 2-Aminoethyl Piperzine” Two days international symposium on “Chemical Biology-Drug Discovery” held on 9-10th Jan’14 at University of Mysuru, Mysuru-570 006.
- Presented poster entitled “Synthesis, In vitro Biological Activity and Crystal Structure of (2,4-Difluoro-phenyl)-[1-(2-nitro-benzenesulfonyl)-piperidin-4-yl]-methane Oxime” in Two days national conference on “Recent Trends in Chemical Research” held on 3rd & 4th Jan’14 at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru-570 006.
- Presented poster entitled “Synthesis and in vitro biological activity of (E)-1-((4-methyl-3-(4-(pyridin-3-yl)amino)phenyl)diazenyl)naphthalein-2-ol” in One day national conference on “Fundamental and Applied Chemistry” held on 4th Oct’ 13 at Dhiraj Gandhi college of Technology, Salem, Tamil Nadu.
- Three days workshop on “Research Methodologies and LaTeX” held on 9th to 11th Sep’14 at Shree Devi Institute of Technology, Mangalore.
- Two days workshop on “Essentials of LaTeX” held on 5th & 6th Sep’14 at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru-570 006.
- KSTA - Regional Conference on “Science and Technology for Education and Health Care” on 21st and 22nd Feb 2014 at JSS college Ooty road, Mysuru-570 025.
- Two days international symposium on “Chemical Biology-Drug Discovery” held on 9-10th Jan’14 at University of Mysuru, Mysuru-570 006.
- Two days national conference on “Recent Trends in Chemical Research” held on 3rd & 4th Jan’14 at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru-570 006.
Professional Vision :
- To impart the fundamental, modern and innovative skills effectively to young minds to meet the present and future demands of industry and societal needs.
Contact Details :
Department of Chemistry,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women,
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 126)
My Vision :
To be an expert in arriving solution for challenging world problems.