Faculty Name : Abhishek A S
Department : Physics
Abhishek A S
Dept. of Physics
Education Details :
- Bachelor of Science, University of Mysore, 2015
- Master of Science in Physics, University of Mysore, 2017
- HDCP( Honors diploma in computer program)
- Date of birth : 15/10/1994
- Hobbies : Social service, Promoting basics science, Reading books and newspaper, playing sports, Sky observation, Science Communication.
- Languages Known: Kannada, Hindi, Tamil and English
- Assistant Professor at Department of Physics, GSSSIETW, Mysore from March 2019 to till date.
- Faculty in Physics and Mechanics at TLC Mysore for International advanced level (IAL) June 2018 – March 2019
- Lecturer in Physics at Vidya Vikas Educational Trust Mysore during July 2017- March 2018
Achievements, Awards and recognition
- State level rank in “National level astronomy competition.”
- First place in”science talent research examination”.
- “Keerthishri award” awarded by kannada sahitya samskruthika prachara samithi.
- “Taluk level topper” in SSLC Board examination, Karnataka.
- Won Desaigoundar and AarthiDesaigoundar foundation scholarship.
- “Young scientist award” by KRVP and department of Science and technology, govt. of Karnataka.
- Participated in “State level ball badminton competition” organized by PU board of Karnataka.
- Won prizes in inter-zone and Dasara division ball badminton competitions.
- “Best student award” awarded by Sevabharathi PU College, Chamrajanagara.
- Represented Karnataka in the “National youth conference” held at Kerala.
- Selected and participated in 98th National level “Refresher course on Experimental Physics” organized by Indian Science Academies, India
- Worked as a Organizing committee member of National level “ Solid State Nuclear Track Detector-20”
- Selected and Participated for “National Astronomy Olympiad teacher’s exposure camp” organized by Tata institute of fundamental research (Homi Bhabha centre for science education), Mumbai.
- Selected and Participated “National Physics Olympiad teacher’s exposure camp” organized by Tata institute of fundamental research (Homi Bhabha centre for science education), Mumbai.
- Evaluated State level “ Vidyarthi vigyan manthan - 2018 “
- “Innovative Teacher award” by TLC Mysore.
- Selected and Participated in a “32nd State level Emerging Science Authors Workshop” organized by KRVP, Government of Karnataka
- Conducted Screening test of “ National level Anveshika Experimental Skill Test-2019” organized by Indian Association of Physics Teachers” (IAPT) as a Coordinator
- Honored by Department PU Education, Chamarajanagara
- Participated as a Judge in “Young Scientist Award” program 2019 organized by KRVP, Government of Karnataka
- Won prizes in various competitions like debate, science exhibitions ,sports etc
Participated workshops, seminars and conferences
- Participated in state level “Student and scientist interaction” organized by department of Science and technology govt. of Karnataka.
- Participated in two days UNICEF-UPE media oriented workshop.
- Participated in “103rd National science congress” in Mysore.
- Participated in State level workshop on “Statistical mechanics” organized by JSS College, Mysore.
- Participated in two days state level lecture workshop on some advanced topics on “Condensed matter physics” organized by Indian academy of sciences and St. Philomena’s college, Mysore.
- Participated in state level workshop on “Relativity, gravity and cosmology” organized by Mandya mahavidyalaya, Mandya.
- Participated in state level workshop organized by Karnataka Science and Technology association.
- Participated in One day State level workshop of Mathematics organized by Mysore Science Foundation.
- Participated in State level three days lecture workshop on “Frontiers in Astronomy” organized by St.Philomena’s College, Mysore.
- Participated in State level one day workshop on “Relativity and Gravity” organized by UGC and JSS College, Mysore.
- Participated in State level three days lecture workshop on
- “Quantum information and computation” organized by St.Philomena’s College, Mysore
- Participated in 11th KSTA conference in Bangalore.
- Serving as a “Resource person” in various science programs organized by different schools and colleges.
- “Articles writer” in newspaper about science and social welfare.
- Serving as a “Science promoter and communicator”.
Memberships of professional bodies
- “Life member” of ‘Indian association of Physics teachers (IAPT)’.
- “Life Member” of ‘Karnataka rajya vijnana parishath (KRVP)’, Banglore.
- ”Founder secretary” of ‘Gravity science foundation (GSF)’ Chamarajanagara.
- “Founder president” of ‘Science awareness and development organisation (SADO)’, Chamrajanagara.
Contact Details :
Department of Physics,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 1201)
My Visions :
To get associated with a progressive organization that gives scope to explore new Experimental methodologies and novel research techniques .To apply Educational experience for the development of institute and the society and my beloved country.