Faculty Name : Rummana Firdaus
Department : Computer Science and Engineering
Department Of Cse.
Education Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D in Computer Science and engineering, VTU, registered in 2016.
- Master of Technology, Master of Engineering Management, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore, 2011.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Ghousia College of Engineering, Ramanagaram, 2004
Personal Details :
- DOB: 08-09-1982
- Hobbies: Reading books, writing poetry.
- Languages: English, Hindi, Kannada, Urdu
Professional Experience :
- Assistant Professor, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, July 2011 to till date
- Lecturer, Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering and Technology, Mysuru, July 2006 to July 2009
- Lecturer, East West Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, July 2004 to July 2005
- Book Chapter titled “Game Theory and its Approaches for Network Security” is accepted for review with IGI Global.
- An Epigrammatic Study on Ad-hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing Protocol, accepted for presentation and publication at ICETECH-18, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Recognition of Malignant Nodes in Wireless Ad-hoc Network based on Auto-Correlation function, IJAIR, Vol-5, Issue-5
- Advanced Intrusion Detection System for Wireless Sensor Networks, IJERCSE, Vol-3, Issue-6, June- 2016
- “Survey on Visual Password using CAPTCHA- A Novel Security Primitive”, NCETCSE-2015, BGSIT, Karnataka, India.
- “Survey on Distributed Provable Data in Multi-Cloud Storage”, NCETCSE-2015, BGSIT, Karnataka, India.
- “Adaptive Pre Distribution of Keys in Wireless Sensor Networks”, IJRSI, Volume II, February 2015
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended Two day FDP on IoT and Industrial Applications on 6th and 7th August 2018.
- Attended Five day FDP on “Recent Advances in Machine Learning” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru in association with CSI, Bangalore and Mysuru Chapters from 17th July 2018 to 21st July 2018.
- Attended Five day FDP ON Mobile Application Development at VVCE, Mysuru from 22 to 26 January 2018.
- Attended Five Day Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Program on on Foundation Program4.1 (Python) from July 31st to August 4th 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended one day Faculty Development Program on teaching information security and research methodology at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.on 9th July 2017.
- Attended One day workshop on Bloom’s Taxonomy at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, on 31st January 2017, conducted by ISTE Chapter.
- Attended faculty development program on “Industry Institute Interaction (I3 To I3) at VTU Regional Office, Bengaluru on 8th to 9th March 2016.
- Attended faculty development program on “Real Time Wireless Sensor Networks and IOT at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 27th and 28th January 2016.
- Attended IEEE National Workshop on Cyber Security in SJBIT Bengaluru at 22nd and 23rd August 2015.
- Attended Workshop on NBA Accreditation at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 21st to 23rd July 2015.
Academic Activities :
- Editorial Board for Geetha Vaibhava, Annual College Magazine, for the years, 2018,2017, 2016 and 2015.
- Trainer for Campus Connect Foundation-4.0 program (Python) for 6th semester students (2018 Batch).
- Prepared CPS Lab manual
- Prepared Computer Network Laboratory Manual-2017
- Deputy Chief Superintendent of VTU Examinations, DEC 2016 /JAN 2017 at MRIT, Mysuru.
- Paper Setter for M.Tech, PESCE, Mandya 2015.
- Deputy Chief Superintendent of VTU Examinations, DEC 2015 /JAN 2016 at MIT, Mysuru.
- Practical Examination / Theory paper valuation for BE Examination VTU
- Prepared Microprocessor Laboratory (10CSL48) Manual IN 2014-15.
Administrative Activities :
- Symposium coordinator, and organized Project Symposium-2018 on 19th May 2018
- Coordinated for NCICCNDA-18, as event manager on 28th April 2018.
- Coordinated and Organized Technospectrum-2018, A national Level Technical Competition on 4th April 2018
- Organized Industrial Visit to TCS, Bengaluru, ACE Components, Mysuru and MCF, Hassan for 6th semester 3rd semester and 5th semester students respectively.
- Computer Network Laboratory incharge-2017
- Microprocessor Lab incharge-2015
- Seminar Coordinator -2018
- Project Coordinator-2018
- Student Counselor-2018
- Class Coordinator-2014
- Scholarship coordinator-2014
- Received Appreciation Certificate for 100% result in Computer Networks [15CS55], System Software [10CS52]
- Received Appreciation Award for outstanding Publicity for NCICCNDA-18 held on 28th April, 2018
Professional Membership :
- LMISTE 
Contact Details :
Department of CSE,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/305.(EXT-204).
My Vision :
To provide students with a firm foundation in both the theory and practice of Computer Science and Engineering. To give students the social, ethical, and liberal education needed to make significant contributions to society. Students receiving a bachelor’s degree must be ready to enter the work force as productive computer scientists or computer engineers, or to continue their education at the graduate or professional level.