Faculty Name : Dr. Aparna. J.Varma
Department : Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Educational Details :
- Ph.D in Business Administration, DOS, MBA, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore, 2016
- MBA in Marketing from University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore 2006
- B.Sc Mathematics from University of Calicut, Kerala 1997
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth ; 30-05-1977
- Languages Known : Malayalam, English, Hindi, Kannada
Professional Experience :
Teaching Experience :
- Currently Working as Associate Professor at Dept of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysore from March 2016 and acting as the In charge HoD of the department from 29/05/2015 till date.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at Dept of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysore from August 2011 to February 2016.
- Worked as Visiting faculty at Bhavan's Priyamvada Birla Institute of Management,Mysore from November 2010 – February 2011.
- Worked as Lecturer at Bhavan's Priyamvada Birla Institute of Management, Mysore from June 2009 –October 2010.
- Worked as Lecturer at Dept of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysore from Sep2007 - May 2009.
- Dr. Ashwini J, Dr. Aparna J Varma, Prof. Sudhakar Kulkarni, Employer Branding: A New Strategic Dimension of Indian Corporations, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN(Online) : 2319-8753, Vol. 6, Issue 1, January 2017, DOI: 10.15680/IJIRSET.2017.0601109.
- Dr.Ashwini.J, Dr.Aparna .J.Varma ,Prof.Sudhakar Kulkarni, A study on CSR initiatives by corporates in Mysore, Karnataka, IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 18, Issue 8 .Ver. I ,Aug. 2016, PP 48-51 DOI: 10.9790/487X-1808014851.
- Dr.Aparna .J.Varma, Dr.Ashwini.J, Tejas, Effectiveness of Service Marketing Mix Strategies of BSNL Mobile Telephone Services in Comparison to Airtel Mobile Services in Mysuru, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology , ISSN(Online) : 2319-8753 ,Vol. 5, Issue 8, August 2016, PP 14338-14348, DOI:10.15680/IJIRSET.2016.0508006.
- Dr.Ashwini.J, and Dr.Aparna.J.Varma , A Study of Review of Literature on QWL – Manufacturing Sector, IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 18, Issue 7 .Ver. II ,July 2016, PP 93-97, DOI: 10.9790/487X-1807029397.
- Aparna. J.Varma and Dr. H.N.Ramesh, Effectiveness of Customer Loyalty Programs- A Study with Special Reference to Big Bazaar in Mysore City , New Thoughts, Ambadi Publishers, Anna Nagar Chennai, ISBN : 978-81-926565-0-2, August 2015,16- 28p.
- Aparna.J.Varma and Dr.H.N.Ramesh, Effect of the Servicescapes on customer perception and satisfaction in Health and Fitness Centre- A study with special reference to Talwalkers Better Value Fitness Ltd. New Numbers and Letters, Kuriakose Elias College, Interdisciplinary Journal, ISSN 2320-8317, Vol.IV, Issue 1,December 2013, 30-35p.
- Aparna.J.Varma and Dr.H.N.ramesh, Indian Kids Wear Market- Does Branding Matters to Parents? , LUX MONTIS, Girideepam Institute of Advanced learning- Journal of Commerce,ISSN 2321-8053, Vol.I, No.1, July2013, 135-143p.
- Aparna.J.Varma and Dr.H.N.ramesh, Cause Related marketing : An Overview”, Discourse, Xavierian Research Journal,ISSN 2321-0214, Vol.I, No.1, March 2013, 74-80p.
- Aparna.J.Varma, Brand Failures in Indian Market: A review with special reference to Passenger Cars, POSEIDON -Journal of Commerce, Management and Social Science ISSN: 2319-6238, Vol.1, No.2 December 2012, 133-140p.
- Aparna.J.Varma and Dr.H.N.ramesh , Cloud Computing in Retail –An Overview, Research Scholar –Refereed Interdisciplinary Research Journal, ISSN 2249-6696, Vol.1,No.2, Dec 2011, 145-151p.
- Aparna.J.Varma and Dr.H.N.ramesh, An Overview of Modern Rural Retailing: Cases on Selected Retail Formats in India DEECEE SCHOOL Journal on Organization and Management,ISSN:0972-9003, Vol 3,Issue 1, Sep 2011 ,7-13p.
- Aparna.J.Varma and Dr.H.N. Ramesh, Customer Experience Management: The Role of Physical Evidence and Servicescapes in Retailing, Research Scholar –Refereed Interdisciplinary Research Journal,ISSN 2249-6696, Vol.1,No.1, Sep 2011, 85-91p.
- Dr.H.N.Ramesh and Aparna.J.Varma, Retail Branding - An Indian Perspective, in the Research Proceedings -Contemporary Practices For The Success of Indian Business, 4th February,2011 at R.V.S. Faculty of Management, Coimbatore ,ISBN No.978-81-909150-4-5
- Dr.H.N.Ramesh and Aparna.J.Varma, An Analysis of the Healthcare Economics and Health Insurance Industry in India. Research Lines,ISSN 0975-8941, Vol.4 No.1-C January-June 2011, 117-124p.
- Completed a certification program on Internal Auditor Course in Integrated Management System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO14001:2015,ISO 18001:2007 STANDARDS (AS PER GUDIELINES FOR QUALITY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AUDINING 19011:2011) conducted by ISHWARYA BI TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED at RailwayWork Shop, Mysore on 12th -14th January 2017.
- Attended a Two Day Workshop on “Data Analytics using SPSS”, Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 30th and 31st August 2017.
- Attended a seminar on “Overview of GST” By C S Manjunath S, practicing Company Secretary & Chairman, ICSI Chapter Mysuru, at Dept. Of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, on 3rd March 2018.
- Attended a five day Faculty Development Program on “Outcome Based Education and preparation of SAR for NBA” for Tier-II institutions from 20th to 24th November 2017 at Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Participated in two-day Workshop on “Data Analysis by using R Software” conducted by XIME, Bangalore on 24th -25th February 2017.
- Participated in one day FDP on “Using Blended MOOCS in Management Education” at IIM-Bangalore, on 8th July 2016.
- Participated in one day FDP on “Teaching Approaches as Part of Assurance of Learning for Management institutes in India” at Bhavan’s Priyamvada Birla Institute of Management on 21st December 2015.
- Participated in 3 days FDP on Data Analysis for Researchers – Basics through advance, jointly organized by GSSS Centre for PG Studies and Research & CARES, Bangalore on 29th-31st December 2014.
- Participated in the “Academia Sensitization Workshop (Train the Trainer Programme) on Intellectual Property Rights” at Department of Studies in Business Administration, Mahajana P.G. Centre in association with Visvesvarya Trade Promotion Centre, Mysore, on 17th October 2014.
- Participated in one day workshop on Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability- “The Role of Youth” organized at GSSS Centre for P G Studies & Research, Mysore, on 21st March 2014.
- Participated in one day workshop on “Methodological Challenges in Management Research & Techniques at Vidya Vardahaka College of Engineering, Mysore on 23rd November 2013.
- Participated in one-day Workshop on “Pedagogy for Revised First Semester MBA Subjects” conducted by Visvesvarya Technological University, Belgaum in association with PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore at PESIT, Bangalore on 13th October 2012.
- Participated in Clevertize- a one day workshop on advertising, conducted by the SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore on 24th march 2012.
- Participated in the One Day Workshop on “Research Methodology and Publishing Papers” at SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore on 5th December 2009
- Faculty Development Programme - Participated in the AICTE sponsored one week workshop on “Methodology for Management Research” organized by IIM-K during October 05-10, 2009.
- Presented a paper titled “ Cause Related marketing : An Overview” on International Conference on Paradigm Shift in innovative Business Management –PLACITUM 2012. November16-17, 2012 at Sreenarayana Gurukulam College of Engineering, Kolenchery, Kerala.
- Presented a paper titled “Retail Branding –An Indian perspective” on One Day National Level Conference on Contemporary Practices for the Success of Indian Business. February 4, 2011 at RVS Faculty of Management, Coimbatore.
- Presented a paper titled “Organized Rural Retailing: Cases of Select Retailers in India” on International Conference on Rural Markets. November 29-30, 2010 at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.
- Presented a paper titled “Pre and Post Sub-prime crisis The challenges before The Indian Marketers” on National Conference on Global Economy The Great Meltdown? Sub-prime Crisi”-The opportunities &challenges of India’s Vision. April 3-4, 2009 at SJB Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
Academic Activities :
- Worked at college examination administration work as Deputy Chief Internal and Official evaluator for MBA degree management subjects at VTU
- Paper setter for different MBA programs run by VTU, KSOU and PES Mandya.
- Worked as Board of Examiner and External viva-voce examiner at JSS Centre for Management studies for MBA Examination.
- Worked as External Viva-Voce Examiner for VTU Examinations
- Worked as External valuator for MBA valuation at JSS Centre for Management studies for MBA Examination.
- Mentoring and Counseling program for the students
- Project Co-coordinator
- Active Participation in organizing the management events and fests.
- Academic Coordination among the different subjects offered by the university
Subjects Taught for MBA programs
- Marketing Management, Quantitative Techniques for Managers ,Services Marketing ,Sales and Distribution Management, Consumer Behaviour ,Integrated Marketing Communications, Rural Marketing, Management and Entrepreneurship Development, B2B Marketing, Retail Management, Business Statistics ,Business Research Methods, Entrepreneurial Development, Strategic Brand Management, Business Analytics, Public Relations, Learning and Development
Contact Details :
Department of MBA
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4242307