Faculty Name : Usha B
Department : Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Dept. of MBA
Educational Details :
- Ph.D Pursuing : tentative title - Effect Of Exchange Rate Volatility On Firm’s Financial Performance In Select Listed Firms In NSE at VTU, BELAGAVI.
- MBA in Finance from GSSS Institute Of Engineering And Technology For Women, Department of MBA Mysuru. 2009.
- M.Com from KSOU in 2013 Mysuru and PGDHRM from KSOU in 2015, Mysuru.
- B.Com from University of Mysore, Karnataka. 2006.
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth: 08 MAY 1986.
- Languages Known (Read & Write) Kannada, English, Hindi.
Profession Experience :
- Assistant Professor, GSSSIETW, Dept. of MBA, Mysuru, Aug 2012 till date.
- Worked as visiting faculty in VTU-RO, Mysuru during the year 2011-12.
- Worked as lecturer in SVEI first grade college, Mysuru during the year 2010-11.
Academic Activities :
- Academic Coordination among the different subjects offered by the university.
- Alumni Meet Coordinator.
- Mentoring and Counseling program for the students.
- Website Coordinator.
- Preparation, revision and up-gradation of the study material and comprehensive courseware for the subjects taught.
- Paper setter for MBA program run by PES Mandya and VTU.
- Active Participation in organizing the management events and fests.
- Conducting activities including role plays, case studies and group discussions.
Research Details :
- Ph.D Pursuing : tentative title - Effect Of Exchange Rate Volatility On Firm’s. Financial Performance In Select Listed Firms In NSE at VTU, BELAGAVI
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended a One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Mind Dynamics and Emotional Stabilization” Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 27th March 2019.
- Attended a One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “A Roadmap for writing Research Articles and Publications” Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 25th January 2019.
- Attended a seminar on “Overview of GST” By C S Manjunath S, practicing Company Secretary & Chairman, ICSI Chapter Mysuru, at Dept. Of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, on 3rd March 2018.
- Attended a 2 day Workshop on Time Series and Panel Data, Econometrics, at XIME Bangalore on 23rd and 24th February 2018.
- Attended a Workshop on “Econometric tools in business and management research” at Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore on 8th - 9th December 2017
- Attended a five day Faculty Development Program on “Outcome Based Education and preparation of SAR for NBA” for Tier-II institutions from 20th to 24th November 2017 at Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- • Attended a Two Day Workshop on “Data Analytics using SPSS”, Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 30th and 31st August 2017
- Participated in 2 days FDP on RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS USING SPSS AND AMOS, organized by VIDYAVARDHAKA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING – DEPT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, Mysuru on 27th 28th January 2017.
- Participated in 3 days FDP on Data Analysis for Researchers – Basics through advance, jointly organized by GSSS Centre for PG Studies and Research CARES, Bangalore on 29th -31st December 2014.
- Participated in 2 days Faculty development programme on ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL DERIVATIVES, organized by at SDMIMD on 27th and 28th December 2013.
Management Accounting Control System, Security Analysis And Portfolio Management, Project Appraisal Planning And Control, International Marketing Management, Cost Management , Investment Management, Mergers acquisitions and corporate restructuring, corporate valuation, Accounting For Managers, Financial Management.
Contact Details :
Department of Master of Business Administration
GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women