Faculty Name : Pavithra Gowtham N.S
Department : Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Dept. of MBA
Educational Details :
- MBA in Financial Management from Department of Management Studies, K.V.G.C.E, Sullia, Affiliated to VTU, Belgaum, 2005.
- B.B.M from Field Marshall K.M. Carriappa College, Affiliated to Mangalore University, 2003
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth: 04 June 1982
- Languages Known (Read & Write): Kannada, English, Hindi
Work Experience :
- Profession Experience: 10 years in Teaching
- Adjunt Faculty, GSSSIETW, Dept. of MBA, Mysuru, Feb 2016 till date.
- Assistant Professor, GSSSIETW, Dept. of MBA, Mysuru, March 2013 to Jan 2016 till date.
- Assistant Professor, AMC Engineering college, Bangalore, July 2011 to June 2012.
- Lecturer, Maharaja Institute of Technology, Mysuru, August 2010 to June 2011
- Lecturer, Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore, March 2008 to July 2010
- Lecturer, K.V.G Engineering college, Sullia D.K, September 2005 to February 2008
Paper published :
- Published a paper on “Credit Appraisal Methods and Credit Monitoring Practices” at Navanagar Urban Co-Operatives Bank Limited in ISSN 2347-8403, Vol 3 Issue 1 of SHODHADITYA, AIMSR, Mumbai in 2016.
- Published a paper on “Derivative trading in futures and options contracts” at Motilal Oswal Financial Services Limited, Mysuru, ISSN 2347-8403, Volume3, Issue 2 of SHODHADITYA, AIMSR, Mumbai in 2016.
Paper presented :
- Presented a paper titled “Mergers and Acquisitions of Indian Banking Sector-Issues and Challenges” in a National Seminary on “Contemporary Issues and Challenges in Banking Financial Sector in India”. RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore on 29-30 April, 2010.
- Presented a paper in National Conference titled “Strategies for Managing Receivables with reference to Balaji AutoTech Pvt Ltd”, Koorgalli, Mysuru, on 23rd May 2016, ISBN 978-93-5265-672- 1 at Advanced Institute of Management Studies, Tirupati, AP.
- Presented a paper in International Conference titled “Forex Volatility and its impact on corporate Profitability-A case on Tech-Mahindra Ltd”, at Jain University, Bangalore, 25th February 2017, ISBN 978-93- 85327-26- 1.
Academic Activities :
- Academic Coordination among the different subjects offered by the university.
- Subjects Taught : Financial Management, Accounting for Managers, Management Accounting and Control systems (Cost Accounting), Entrepreneurship Development, Advanced Financial Management, Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Restructuring, Merchant banking and Financial services, International Financial Management Risk Management (Derivatives), Operations Management, Business, Government and Society, Human Resources Management conducting activities including role plays, Real Life case studies and group discussions.
- Departmental Exam coordinator
- Departmental Time Table Coordinator
- Mentoring and Counseling program for the students.
- Preparation, revision and up-gradation of the study material and comprehensive coursework for the subjects taught.
- Paper setting for different MBA programs.
- Active Participation in organizing the management events and fests.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Participated in Eighth State Level Convention of ISTE-Karnataka on 18 & 19th November, 2005 K.V.G.College of Engineering, Sullia, D.K.
- Participated in FDP Organized by- National Institute of Technology Karnataka Science & Technology Entrepreneurs’ Park (NITK-STEP), from 11th June 2007 to 22nd June 2007, Vivekananda College of Engineering and Technology, Puttur.
- Participated in Workshop on ‘Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Restructuring’ Nagarjuna College of Engineering & Technology, Bangalore on 29th& 30th August 2008.
- Participated in Workshop on “Mergers and Acquisitions” M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore on 17th September 2009.
- Participated in the National Seminaron “Understanding Indian Consumers” organized by AMC Engineering College, Bangalore on 4th September 2009.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on "Case Writing and Analysis"held on Wednesday 3rd Nov’ 2010 at Surana College, Centre for Post Graduate Studies, Bangalore.
- Participated in the Seminar on “Risk Management in Banking Sector”, organized by Brindavan College, Bangalore held on September 10, 2011.
- Participated in Workshop on “Methodological challenges in Management Research & techniques” atVidya Vardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore on 23rd November 2013.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on "Accounting and Financial derivatives"held on 27 & 28 Dec. 2013 at SDMIMD, Mysore.
- Participated in a Conference on “College to Corporate” organised by CII at Mysore dated 3rd January 2014.
- Participated in Workshop on “Research Ideas in Finance and Accounting”, SDMIMD, Mysore, on 20th August 2014.
- Participated in 3 days FDP on “Data Analysis for Researchers-Basic through Advances” held on 29th – 30th December 2014 at GSSS Center for PG Studies and Management, Mysore.
Personal Achievements :
- Presented a paper titled “Corporate Governance & ethics” in the National Level Seminar on “Emerging Indian Panorama-Issues and challenges”. East Point College of Engineering and technology, Bangalore on 15th May, 2006.
- Presented a paper titled “Changing frontiers of Postal services in India” in a National Seminar on “Changing Frontiers of Industrial Development in India”.Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangalore on 14th October 2009.
- Presented a paper titled “Mergers and Acquisitions of Indian Banking Sector-Issues and Challenges” in a National Seminary on “Contemporary Issues and Challenges in Banking & Financial Sector in India”. RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore on 29-30 April, 2010
Contact Details :
Department of Master of Business Administration
GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women