Faculty Name : Dr. G Y Vishwanath
Department : Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Professor & HOD
Dept. of MBA
Educational Details :
- Ph.D in Business Administration, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, 2016
- MBA in Finance and Marketing from University of Madras, 1994
- B.Tech (Chemical Engineering) Anna University, Madras,1988.
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth ; 02.06-1967
- Languages Known: Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and English.
Professional Experience :
Teaching Experience :
- Currently Working as Professor and HOD at Dept of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as Professor and HOD at Dept of MBA, Alvas Institute of Engineering and Technology, Moodbidri, Mangalore from November 2016 to July 2018.
- Worked as Senior Grade Assistant Professor at SRM University Chennai from July 2008 to July 2016.
- Worked as Assistant professor at few Engineering colleges at Chennai From 2001 to June 2008.
Professional Certifications :
- Qualified as a Research Analyst after clearing the exam conducted by NISM. (National Institute of Security Markets – run by NSE , Premier stock exchange in India
Industry Experience :
- Worked as a Senior Process Engineer at Chennai Petroleum Corporation (Indian Oil corporation) from Sep 1988 to Oct 1994.
- Worked as an Equity analyst with Stock broking companies between 1995 and 2000.
- G.Y.Vishwanath, P.A.Mary Auxilia and Dr.Panneerselvam “A comparative study on Beta hedging of High PE and Low PE stocks using Index futures with reference to NSE”, in Indian Journal of Finance – Scopus indexed, Vol.7, Issue.8, 2013, pp. 43-50.
- G.Y.Vishwanath, P.A.Mary Auxilia and Dr.Panneerselvam “Effectiveness of Beta hedging of high PE stocks portfolio using index futures with reference to Indian stock exchange”, in International journal of Information technology and management sciences. Vol.2, Issue.1, 2012, pp. 178-184
- Dr.G.Y.Vishwanath and Dr.P.A.Mary Auxilia , Hedging effectiveness analysis of High market cap Indian stocks using OLS and GARCH hedge ratios.Global journal of management and business research , Volume 17, Issue 3, version 1, ISSN 22494588
- Dr.G.Y.Vishwanath, Ms.Rinu Thomas and Ms.Shanon Joyline Dias, Comparative performance analysis of PE and PEG ratios in selected stocks. IOSR journal of economics and finance e ISSN 2323-5933, P ISSN 23215925, vol 9, issue 3 , and Version III, june 1988.
Academic Activities :
- Approved research guide under VTU. Currently two candidates pursuing Ph.d. under guidance.
- Paper setter for different MBA programs run by VTU, KSOU and SRM university, Chennai..
- Worked as External Viva-Voce Examiner for VTU Examinations
- Worked as External valuator for MBA valuation at many universities including University of Madras, Pondichery University and SRM University.
Subjects Taught for MBA programs
- Financial Derivatives, Corporate Valuation, Investment Management and Financial Management
Department of MBA
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4242307