Faculty Name : Dr Jayan V.K
Department : Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Educational Details :
- Ph.D in Business Administration, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-2015
- MIB in International Finance from Annamalai University, Tamilnadu-2016
- MS in Psychology from Madras University, Tamilnadu-2012
- MCom in Finance from Madurai Kamaraj university, Tamil Nadu-2009
- MPhil in Finance from Annamalai University, Tamilnadu-2008
- MBA in Finance from Alagappa University, Tamilnadu-2006
- B.Sc Mathematics from University of Calicut, Kerala 1997
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth; 11/10/1975
- Languages Known; Malayalam, English, Tamil
Teaching Experience :
- Currently Working as Associate Professor at Dept of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysore from July 2018.
- Worked as Associate Professor at Dept of MBA, Nehru group of institutions, Coimbatore from April 2008 to July 2018
- Worked as Assistant Professor at Dept of MBA, SNGIST, North Paravoor, Kerala State from 2007 August to 2008 April.
- Worked as lecturer at Dept of MBA, St Johns college, Pathanamthitta, Kerala State from September 2006 to August 2007.
AJAY RUBBER MANUFACTURING AND EXPORTS 1997- 2006
- Worked as Finance manager for an exporting company, Ajay Rubber Manufacturing & Exports for nearly 9 years and manages all the domestic as well as overseas transactions. The company’s products have high reputation in the overseas market results an annual turnover above 10 Crores.
International Conferences Abroad May 2017
- Paper presented on “Indo-Srilankan Free trade Agreement and Trade related Issues’’ at Peradeniya University, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Paper presented on “Comparitive study of cottage industries in India and Thailand” at Bangkok,Thailand November 2017
International Journal Research Publications
- Risk-return comparison of NSE India with International stock exchanges, International Journal of Scientific Research,(April 2017), Volume 6, Issue 4, pp 12-13, ISSN No. 2277-8179 (Impact Factor: 4.176)
- Sri Lankan economic cooperation and trade related issues, Global Journal for Research Analysis,(April 2017) Volume 4, Issue 6, ISSN No. 2277-8160 (Index Copernicus value: 80.26).
- Women Entrepreneurship in India, with special reference to Coimbatore Dist, Tamil Nadu. International Journal of Advanced Research (2013), Volume 1, Issue 4, pp321-325,ISSN NO 2320-5407(Impact factor: 4.588)
- Working Capital Structure in Indian Micro Industries with Special reference to Kerala State. Global Journal for Research analysis,Volume-4, Issue-4, April-2015 • ISSN No 2277– 8160 (Impact factor: 3.1218)
- Entrepreneurship in Indian Micro industries with special reference to Kerala State, India.
- International Journal of scientific Research Volume : 3 | Issue : 5 | May 2014 • ISSN No2277 -8179(Impact factor: 3.2416)
- A study on factors influencing facebook involment among youngsters, Global journal for Research Analysis, Volume-4, Issue 6, June 2015, ISSN No2277-8160(Impact factor: 3.1218).
- A study on motivational factors to play social networking games. factors influencing facebook involment among youngsters, International journal of Management Research & Review, Volume-5, Issue 6, June 2015, ISSN No2249-7196 (Impact factor: 3.1218).
Seminars And Conferences
- Challenges and Strategies in New Banking Era- Nandha Engineering College, Erode,
- Tamil Nadu. 17th October 2008.
- Global Recession and its impact on Human Resource Management-NIMS,18th February,2010. Role of MSME in Economic Development-NCM, 26th September 2009.
- Current trends in Indian Biotechnology Industry, NASC,15th October 2009.
- Global Marketing issues of Mutual Fund firms,NIMS,8th October 2010.
- Global Marketing issues of MSME, NIMS, 9th October 2010.
- Knowledge Management, MES College Kuttippuram, 25th March 2008
- Impact of Global Economic Crisis in Developing countries,NIITM,20th November 2008.
- Job opportunities in organized retail sector, NIET, 4th October 2008.
- Impact of Media Industry in 21st Century, NCM, 30th September 2008.
- Global Challenges in cyber business, NASC, 21st August 2008.
- Application of Computer in Higher education, NASC, 10th October 2009.
- Recent trends in Capital Market, NASC, 18th September 2009.
- Emerging trends in service sector, NASC, 29th August 2008.
- Entrepreneurship development and Innovation, NIITM, 24th April 2010.
Guest Lectures In Govt/university Sponsored Programmes
- Anna University sponsored FDP for Engineering faculties June 2017
- Skill development programme at Bharathiar University as part of 23rd March 2014
- Vision 2023, sponsored by Chief Minister of TamilNadu.
- Skill development programme at various colleges affiliated to 17th -22nd March 2011
- Bharathiar University as part of Vision 2023,sponsored by
- Chief Minister of TamilNadu.
- Anna University sponsored FDP, NIITM, Coimbatore 20th -25th June 2011 “Recent Trends and Advancement in Management.”
Academic Activities And Assignments
- University Representative for Exams, Anna University, Coimbatore
- Question Paper setting for Anna University, Coimbatore
- External Examiner, Viva Voce, CIMAT, Bharathiar Uty, Coimbatore
- Syllabus Setting, Manonmaniam Sundaranar Uty (MS University), Tirunelveli, Tamil
- Paper setter for different MBA programs run by Anna University, Tamil Nadu..
- Worked as External Viva-Voce Examiner for Anna University Examinations.
- Mentoring and Counseling program for the students
- Project Co-coordinator
- Active Participation in organizing the management events and fests.
- Academic Coordination among the different subjects offered by the university
- Subjects Taught for MBA programs
- Financial Management, Investment management, Financial services, Insurance Management, Production Management, Accounting for Managers, Strategic management, Business Communication.
Association With Professional Bodies
- Junior Chamber International
- Served as Secretary for Junior Chamber International, Coimbatore (NCM Wing), an International organization for Skill development.
- Red Cross Society of India
- Life member of Red Cross Society of India and active in Blood Donation Camps and various other Awareness Programmes.
Awards And Recognitions
- Awarded “ASIAN BOOKS OF RECORDS” for LONGEST NON STOP
- BUSINESS CONCLAVE, LECTURE on January 23,2013.
- Awarded “INDIAN BOOKS OF RECORDS” for LONGEST NON STOP BUSINESS
- CONCLAVE, LECTURE on January 23, 2013.
- Zone Trainer Certification, Junior Chamber International, 2016.
- Achievement Award from Library Council, Kottayam, Kerala State, June 2015.
Contact Details :
Department of MBA
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4242307