Faculty Name : Dr. D. R. Rajashekhara Swamy
Department : Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Professor & Head
Dept. of MBA
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), for his work on Total Quality Management, University of Mysore, 2007.
- Master of Science (Total Quality Management), Directorate of Quality Management & Kuvempu University, 2012.
- Master of Business Administration (Specialised in Marketing), Visvesvaraya Technological University, 2000.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM) and PGDSCM, Karnataka State Open University, 2000.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Specialised in Polymer Science & Technology), University of Mysore, 1995.
- Date of Birth : 23rd February 1974
- Languages Known: Kannada, Hindi, English
- Dr. D. R. Rajashekhara Swamy has worked as Professor – Logistics and Supply Chain Management, School of Business and Economics, Bahir Dar University, East Africa.
- He also worked as Director – Department of Management Studies and Centre of Research Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Previously he was working as Director, Department of Management Studies at Rajeev Institute of Technology, Hassan, Karnataka.
- He has worked as a Visiting Professor in SDM-IMD one of top B-Schools in India, teaching Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Also teaches Quality Management, Operations Management in few autonomous B-Schools in India.
- Professional Certifications:
- He is a Certified Internal Auditor ISO 9000 and Baren Quality Management. He has trained both industry and academic personal on leadership, entrepreneurship development, quality management concepts (like Deming principles, QC tools, ISO, six sigma, kaizan 5-S etc), managing logistics and supply chain, development of sustainable supply chain, research methodology and so on.
He is having more than 12 years of industrial experience and have worked with, NCL Groups Hyderabad as General Manager (South India), Hydro Building Systems, a Norwegian based MNC, Bangalore as Country Head (Marketing), Polybond Organics Private Limited as Manager – Sales, Western and South India, B. T. COMPOSITES Limited, Goa as Application Engineer, Thermodors Pvt. Ltd., Pune as Engineer – Quality Control.
He has more than 40 Research Papers (National and International) in his credit. To name a few
- Paper “Implementation of Total Quality Management at Bahir Dar Textiles – An Empirical Analysis, International Conference, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia, 2017.
- Paper “Recent Scenario of Indian Retail Industry – Focusing Future Fast Growth”, Intercontinental Journal of Marketing Research Review, Volume 5, Issue 1, January 2017, Page 1.
- Paper “Implementation of Total Quality Management in Indian Tyre Industry: Empirical Analysis”,Indo Global Journal of Commerce and Economics, Volume No.4, Issue 2, Page No. 175– 183, May 2016.
- Paper “Total Quality Management and HR issues – An Hypothetical Analysis”,Acme Intellects International Journal of Research in Management, Volume No.2, Issue N 2, Page No. 41 – 5, April 2013.
- Paper “Bull, Bear, Bullion and Prediction Analysis”, “International Research Conference on Management, Engineering and Entrepreneurship (ICMEE – 2012), on 15th December, 2012, Pune.
- Paper “Economic Imbalance, Crisis Severity and Policy Response”, International Research Journal of Humanities and Environmental Issues, Vol. 1, Issue 11, Page no. 46-50, ISSN: 2277-9329, February 2013.
- Paper “Total Quality Management and HR issues – An Hypothetical Analysis”, got accepted in 3rd International Conference on Finance & Business Management, Jaipur,Emergning Issues in finance and business management, Bharti Publications, Page no. 295-307, ISBN 978-93-81212-33-2,9th – 10th February 2013.
- Paper on “Bull V/s Bear”,3rd International Conference on Finance & Business Management, Jaipur,Emergning Issues in finance and business management, Page no. 20-32 Bharti Publications, ISBN 978-93-81212-33-29th – 10th February 2013.
- Paper “An Emperical Analysis of Total Quality Management in Indian Tyre Industry”, in International Conference on Business and Management – ARC 2012, December 28-29, 2012, Cambridge Institue of Technology, Bangalore.
- Paper on “Rising Dollar and Indian Financial Markets” (International Conference), Organised by Society of Technical and Management Professional), 2nd International Conference on Finance & Business Management, Bharti Publishers, New Delhi, Page No. 55 - 65, ISBN: 978-93-81212-28-8, 21st October 2012.
- Presented (National Conference), paper on “Emerging Trends in Insurance and Banking”, TumkurUniversity, Tumkur, 2012.Paper titled “A crisis so severe, the Indian financial system is affected” National Conference organized by Department of Management Studies, Raja Rajeshwari Institute of Technology, Bangalore, 2012.
- Paper on “Logistics and Supply Chain Management in the Post-Recession Automotive Sector”,National Conference, “Renewing Business Trends in Post Recessionary Economy”,Kuvempu University, Shimogga, Excel Indian Publishers, New Delhi, Page No. 267 – 272, ISBN: 978-93-81361-19-1, March 2011.
- Paper on “Currency Derivatives”, R.V. Engineering College, Bangalore, 2012.
- Paper on “Total Quality Management A New Strategy for Business Excellence in Banking Services”, Contemporary Issues and Challenges in Banking and Financial Sector in India, National Conference, Excel Books, New Delhi, Page No. 492 – 500, ISBN 978-81-7446-848-2, April 2010.
- Paper on “Foreign Direct Investment in Retail Sector : A Boon to Indian Economy”, National Conference, Padmashree Journal of Management, Vol. 01, Issue -01, Page No. 9-13, Jan 2010.
- Paper on “Role of Foreign Direct Investment in Education Sector : A New Perspective for Economic Growth in India”, National Conference, Padmashree Journal of Management, Vol. 01, Issue -01, Page No. 49-56, Jan 2010.
- Paper on “Case Studies – Its Importance in the Context of Master of Business Administration”, organised by Kalapataru Institute of Technology, Department of Management Studies, Tiptur, 2009
- Published paper on “Application of Quality Improvement Tools in Indian Tyre Industry: An Empirical Analysis”,“Welingkar Research Journal”, Vol. VI, Page No.30– 36, Issue – 2, September 2007.
- Published paper on “The Current Practices of ISO 9001: 2000 Certification and Its Effectiveness in Indian Tyre Industry”,“Productivity”, Vol. 47, No.144 – 154, April – September 2006, ISSN 0032-9924.
- Paper on "The Effectiveness of ISO 9001 & QS 9000 Certification in Indian Tyre Industry”, at 11th International Conference on productivity and quality research – ICPQR'2005 from 12th to 15th December 2005 at IIT, Delhi.
- Paper “The Effectiveness of ISO 9001 & QS 9000 Certification in Indian Tyre Industry”, got published in Productivity and Quality, A Multidisciplinary Perspective, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, Page No. 46-55, ISBN-0-07-061079-7, 2005.
- Paper on "A Case Study of Total Quality Management (TQM)Practices in Tyre Industry”, at 3rd National conference on polymers – MACRO'05, at SJCE, Mysore on 15th& 16th April 2005.
Academic Activities :
- He is on the board in–Visvesvaraya Technological University, JSS University, Anna University, JAIN University, New Horizon and few autonomous B schools as member, examiner, and evaluator and in Doctoral Committee panel. Actively involved as a member of Local Inspection Committee (LIC) appointed by various universities.
- Advisory Member of ACME Intellects International Journal of Research in Management. Foreign Advisory member of the Kongu Regional Educational and Research Foundation.
- He was a key speaker in many Management Development Program and Faculty Development Program in various institutions and has chaired national and international conferences.
- He is awarded by GLOBAL MTC for KNOWLEDGE SHARING 2013.
He is recognized research guide from Visvesvaraya Technological University and has guided M.Phil students and presently students for Ph.D in the field of Total Quality Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operation Management and Marketing.
Faculty/Student Development Activities:
He is instrumental in implementing the,
- Development of faculty-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Performance management and improvement systems in institutions.
- Institutional development: Faculty and students enhancement program
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns.
- Employee orientation, development, and training.
- Policy development, deployment and documentation.
- Institute-wide committee facilitation.
- Institute employee and community communication.
- Employee services and students counseling.
- Skill Development program to Engineering Students.
- Educating the rural mass towards management education.
- Bridging industry and academia at institutional and university level.
- He is a life member of: Quality Circle Forum of India, ISTE, Management Teacher Consortium Global (MTCG), and Fellow of Institute of Engineers.
Subjects Taught for MBA program
- Total Quality Management, Operations Management, Production Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Marketing Management, Sales and Retail Management, Strategic Brand Management, Consumer Behavior, Service Marketing, Business Research Methodology, Business Communication and General Management.
Department of MBA
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women