Faculty Name: Dr. S.Padmashree
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Dept. of ECE,
- Ph.D in Electronics & Communication, VTU, 2017.
- Master of Technology, Bio-Medical Instrumentation, SJCE, Mysuru, 2003.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, NIE, Mysuru, 1993.
- Date of birth : 25/12/1971
- Hobbies : Reading, Singing, Listening to music.
- Languages Known: English, Tamil, Kannada, and Hindi.
- Completed PhD course work and Comprehensive VIVA.
- Working as Associate Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 28/08/2010 to till date.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 28/08/2006 to 27-08-2010.
- Worked as Lecturer at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 28/08/2005 to 27-08-2006.
- Worked as Project Officer at SJCE-STEP, Mysuru from 13-11-1996 to 27-08-2005.
- Worked as Part-time Lecturer at JSS Men’s Polytechnic, Mysuru from 1-06-1997 to 30-7-1998
- Worked as Part-Time Lecturer at JSS Polytechnic for physically Challenged, Mysuru from 1-07-2003 to 30/07/2004
- Obtained Sponsorship from KSCTC for more than 6 projects and two projects were selected for the State exhibition.
- Padmashree.S, “Different approaches for implementation of fractal image compression on medical images”, International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques ICEECCOT-2016", (Accepted for publication), 9th-10th December 2016.
- Padmashree S, “Area Optimized high speed parallel Architecture with internal Pipelined structure for FIC on FPGA”, Far East Journal of Electronics and Communication, January 2016.
- Padmashree S, “Statistical Analysis of Objective measures using Fractal Image Compression for Medical images”, IEEE ICSIPA 2015, Malaysia, 19th - 21st Oct 2015.
- Padmashree S, "Performance measure analysis between Anisotropic diffusion filter and Bilateral filter for Post processing of Fractal compressed Medical Images", International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol 123,ISSN:0975-8887, August 2015.
- Padmashree S, “Analysis of Fractal Image compression for Medical Images using Embedded Block coding and optimization truncation", IEEE conference IACC-2015, pp No 1087-1092, DOI-10.1109/IADCC.2015.7154872, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore, 12th - 13th June 2015.
- Padmashree.S, Dr. Rohini Nagapadma “IMPLEMENTATION OF PARTITIONED ITERATED FUNCTION SYSTEMS FOR MEDICAL IMAGES” was presented at National conference on Knowledge discovery and Data mining (NCKDDM-2011) held at Thyagarajar College of Engineering Madurai, on August 22nd and August 23 rd’2011.
- Padmashree.S, Dr. Rohini Nagapadma “PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF PARTITIONED ITERATED FUNCTION SYSTEMS FOR MEDICAL IMAGES” was presented in International conference on the current trends in Engineering and Management (ICCTEM’2012) held in Vidya Vardaka college of engineering Mysore between July12 –july14 2012
- Padmashree.S, Dr. Rohini Nagapadma” FPGA IMPLEMENTATION OF PARTITIONED ITERATED FUNCTION SYSTEMS APPLIED TO MEDICAL IMAGES” was presented in International conference on Emerging Research in computing, information, communication and Applications (ERCICA-2013) held Between Aug 2nd and 3rd’2013 at NITTE MEENAKSHI Institute of Technology, Bangalore. The paper is published in ELSEVIER Proceedings of the Conference.
- Padmashree.S, Dr. Rohini Nagapadma “COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF QUAD TREE PARTITIONED ITERATED FUNCTION SYSTEMS FOR MEDICAL IMAGES” was Published in International journal for computer applications, vol-59, pp-25-27,Dec’2012 (IJCA)
- Padmashree.S, Dr.Rohini Nagapadma “COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF JPEG COMPRESSION AND FRACTAL IMAGE COMPRESSION FOR MEDICAL IMAGES” is Published in an International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST) -ISSN : 0975-5462 Vol. 5 No.11 on Nov 2013
- Padmashree.S, Dr. Rohini Nagapadma “COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT OF FRACTAL IMAGE COMPRESSION WITH AND WITHOUT NEURAL NETWORKS” Published in ACEEE journal. (International Journal on Recent trends on Engineering & Technology) for July’2014 Online Publication
- Discharged my duty as Moderator and Valuator as directed by VTU for the various subjects held in VTU Regional Office, Mysuru under VTU, Belgaum.
- Discharged Duties as Head of Department of Electronics and communication Engineering, from August 2008-June2011
- Discharged duty as Deputy Chief Superintendent, Room Superintendent and Room Relieving Superintendent for VTU theory exams.
- Guided 20 UG Projects, out of which 7 Projects were sponsored By KSCST and now currently guiding 2 UG Projects.
- I was Project coordinator for 6years and have guided many UG students to do their Projects Effectively.
- As EDUSAT coordinator I have framed the EDUSAT time table and the schedule for the college.
- Discharged work as cultural and chief coordinator for all the cultural and sports activity in our college (Geethayana) during the academic year 2008-09.
- Paper setter for Various Subjects like Digital Signal Processing, Signals and systems, Computer organization, information Theory and coding, Multimedia Communication and Networks for Autonomous colleges.
- I got the opportunity to set the Image Processing question paper for BE exam during Dec 2008 Examination under VTU, Belgaum and the paper was accepted.
- I am reviewer for Answer scripts in Autonomous colleges.
- I am Member of Board of Examiners for Autonomous colleges.
- I have worked for the establishment of the association in our Department by name AECES (Association of Electronics and communication for engineering students) and have conducted many technical talks and technical fests (CASCADE) through the association.
- I have conducted symposiums and workshops under IETE Forum.
- I have actively participated in most of the college activity
- I have actively participated in all the departmental activity to my knowledge.
Faculty development Activities :
- Attended, a one day workshop on “Women in Power Engineering”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 16th Dec 2016.
- Attended, a FDP on "Research Methodology And Research Motivational Aspects", GSSSIETW Mysuru, 27th - 29th July 2016.
- Attended 3 days FDP on “Antenna Design and Analysis using ESI’s CEM Solution tools 2016”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 27th – 29th Jan 2016.
- Attended a workshop on “Recent Trends in Photonics”, organized by IEEE Photonics Society, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 29th Aug 2015.
- Attended, a FDP on "IoT in Medical Imaging", NIE Mysuru, 4th Dec 2015.
- Attended, a workshop on “NBA Accreditation”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 21th - 23rd July 2015.
- Attended a 5 days’ workshop on Mission 10x , National institute of engineering Mysore, conducted by Wipro,, 13th October -17th October 2008.
- Attended a 3 day workshop on Cadence tool , Vidya Vardaka College of Engineering, Mysuru , 9th July - 11th July 2009
- Attended a 2-day workshop on Foundations for Project Proposals , GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for women ,21st to 22nd August 2009.
- Participated in Second National Level conference Tantragnana-2009, GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for women Mysuru, 6th October 2009 to 7th October 2009.
- Attended 2 day faculty development Programme , GSSS Institute of engineering and technology Mysuru on knowledge Mining ,Feb 3rd to Feb 5th 2011
- Attended a one week Faculty Development Programme on “Network technologies to Emerging Broad Band Multimedia Computing, National Institute of engineering Mysuru.27th Feb-2nd March 2012.
- Worked as Coordinator and attended One Week FDP Programme on “Recent Advances in Medical Imaging Techniques” which was funded by VTU-VGST Programme, GSSS Institute of engineering and technology Mysuru, 26th March 2012-30th March 2012.
Administrative Activities :
Role as Head of the Department :
- I have coordinated all the activities in the Department and Have worked for the betterment of the Department.
- Guided all the faculty members working under me in teaching their allotted subjects.
- I worked for the department in bringing in good results for the department.
- I have send students for industrial trips to ISRO –Master Control Facility Hassan, RTTC, and Mysore as a co-curricular activity to the students.
- I have continuously motivated students to do mini projects in various fields of Electronics to keep them updated with the new technology.
- I have established all the new labs, prepared manuals based on the new VTU curriculum.
- I have attended The BOARD Of Examination meetings in accessing the syllabus for the Current VTU.
- LM IETE, (Membership id):-M-216377.
Department of ECE,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
To work dynamically as a Team in strengthening Research and other academic activities of the Department, for the growth of the institute and to inspire the students in developing their Knowledge.