Faculty Name: Sushma S J
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Dept. of ECE,
Education Details :
- Pursuing PhD in Medical Image Processing, VTU Research Centre, Department of Instrumentation Technology, RVCE, Bengaluru.
- Master of Technology, Computer Networks Engineering, NIE, Mysuru, 2007.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, KVGCE, Sullia Mangalore, 2001.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 06/11/1978
- Hobbies : Reading, Writing Blogs, Listening to music.
- Languages Known: English, Kannada, and Hindi.
Research Details :
- Completed PhD course work.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Associate Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 25/11/2013 to till date.
- Worked as Sr. Assistant Professor at REVA ITM, Bengaluru from 26/07/2012 to 23/11/2013.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at RGIT, Bengaluru from 02/02/2008 to 25/07/2012.
- Worked as Senior Lecturer at MIT, Mysuru from 11/8/2007 to 31/12/2007.
- Worked as Senior Lecturer at DBIT, Bengaluru from 1/8/2006 to 10/8/2007.
- Worked as Lecturer at Srimath Polytechnic, Mysuru from 1/12/2005 to 30/7/2006.
- Worked as Lecturer at VVIET, Polytechnic, Mysuru from 1/2/2002 to 30/11/2005.
- Worked as Guest Faculty at NIE, Mysuru from 24/7/2001 to 12/1/2002.
- Sushma.S.J, “Noise removal in ECG signal using analog and digital filters”, Journal of Computational Intelligence and its Applications, Dec 2016.
- Sushma.S.J, Dr. Prasanna Kumar S.C., presented a paper titled “Advancement in research techniques on medical image processing for breast cancer detection”, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Vol 6 No. 2, PP 717 – 724, ISSN:2088-8708,DOI: 10.1159/ijece.v6il.9029, April 2016.
- Sushma.S.J. and Dr. Prasanna Kumar S.C., presented a paper titled “Automated micro calcification analysis using breast mammogram”, 3rd IEEE Internal Conference on Computing for sustainable global development, 16th – 18th March 2016.
- Sushma S J,"Advancement in research techniques on Medical Image Processing for Breast cancer detection", IJECE, Vol 6, No 2, 2016.
- Sushma S J,"Image enhancement using Bio-Inspired alogorithms on mammograms for breast cancer detection", ICERECT-15,International Conference,PES Mandya,19th Dec 2015.
- Sushma S J, “GENETIC ALGORITHMS IN 3-D FACE PERCEPTION” in RGIT Technical Journal, 2012, ISSN, Page number.
- Sushma S J, “DIGITIZATION OF PROSTHETIC DESIGN”, National Level Conference, CIT, Bengaluru, 2-3 Dec 2011.
Academic Activities :
- Worked as in-charge Head of the department in the year 2011 – till date, GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- College Farewell-2014 Coordinator, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Project coordinator for the year 2013-2014 at ECE Dept, GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Project coordinator for the year 2012-2013 at PG Dept, REVA ITM, Bengaluru.
- Have Guided 18 UG Projects and 4 PG Projects. Currently guiding 2 PG project and 1 UG Projects.
- Have Participated in various departmental technical fest and supported for the conduction of various technical events.
- Coordinator for Blind coding in the National level symposium of CSI Bengaluru chapter at REVAITM, Bengaluru in the year Apr 2012.
- Valuator at university level examinations.
- Paper setter for the subject Advanced Digital Communication 10SCN11 in the year Dec 2012.
- External DCS for University Exam at UTL, Bengaluru in the year Jan 2012.
- External DCS University Exam at MSRIT, Bengaluru in the year Dec 2012.
- External DCS University Exam at Alpha college of Engineering in the year Jan 2013.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended, a one day workshop on “Women in Power Engineering”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 16th Dec 2016.
- Attended, a Webinar on “Networking Simulation And Related Technologies using Netsim Software with DELLSOFT Technologies Pvt. Ltd”, Dell Soft Bangalore, 3rd – 5th Oct 2016.
- Attended, a FDP on "Research Methodology And Research Motivational Aspects", GSSSIETW Mysuru, 27th - 29th July 2016.
- Attended 3 days FDP on “Antenna Design and Analysis using ESI’s CEM Solution tools 2016”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 27th – 29th Jan 2016.
- Attended a workshop on “Recent Trends in Photonics”, organized by IEEE Photonics Society, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 29th Aug 2015.
- Attended, a workshop on “NBA Accreditation”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 21th - 23rd July 2015.
- Attended, five day workshop on “Signal and Image processing using Scilab”, SJCE Mysuru, March 2016.
- Attended, one day workshop on “Cyber Security”, NIE Mysuru, March 2016.
- Attended two day workshop on "Embedded Systems using MSP430" conducted by Gill Instruments in association with Texas Instruments at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 29th and 30th Sep 2014.
- Attended three days workshop on "Research Methodologies and LATEX", conducted by VTU at Sridevi Institute of Technology, Mangalore on 9th, 10th and 11th of Sept 2014.
- Attended three days workshop on "Introduction to MATLAB" conducted by IETE, Mysore and ATME, Mysuru in the month of Dec 2013.
- Coordinated workshop on “ESDM”, Sponsored by DIT, Govt of India, and CSI, Bengaluru chapter, in May 2013.
- Attended two days FDP on “cloud computing” at TCS, Bengaluru, Aug 2012
- Participated in one day workshop on Personality development at NIE, Mysuru on 15th Oct 2008
- Participated in one day workshop on VLSI DESIGN at DBIT, Bengaluru on 7th May 2008
- Participated in three day workshop on VHDL and Verilog at EWIT, Bengaluru from 28th Feb 2008 to 1st March 2008.
- Participated in one day workshop on ARM Processors at BIT, Bengaluru on 16th Jan 2007.
- Participated in one day workshop on recent trends in computer networks at NIE, Mysuru on 29th Oct 2005.
Administrative Activities :
- CODECS (Departmental Technical Forum) Coordinator for the year 2014-2015(even semester).
- AECES (Departmental Technical Forum) Coordinator for the year 2014-2015(odd semester).
- Accounts Coordinator for Geethayaana 2014, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Invigilated COMED-K and PG-CET exams at REVAITM, Bengaluru, 2013.
- Supervisor for COMED-K at RGIT, Bengaluru, 2012.
Professional Membership :
- LM CSI, (Member no.) - 1500464.
- MIETE, (Member no.) - M237464.
Contact Details :
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 412)
My Vision :
To inspire young people with passion to build the world and make it a better place to live, not only with the ever growing technology but also with the intellectual bend of mind.