Faculty Name : G Manjula
Department of Telecommunication Engineering
Department of TCE,
Educational Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D., Speech Processing, VTU Research Center, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Master of Technology, VLSI Design & Embedded Systems, SJCE, Mysuru, 2007.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, VEC, Gulbarga University, 2000.
Personal Details :
- DOB: 10-02-1977
- Hobbies: Reading books, Watching TV, Listening Music, Cooking.
- Languages Known: English, Kannada, Telugu and Hindi.
Research Details :
- Mrs. Manjula, G, Associate Professor in TCE Dept. at GSSSIETW, Mysore has completed conprensive viva for Ph.D. under the topic “Identification of the feature of stuttering through automatic speech recognition and its validation” in the ECE Research Center of VTU, Belgaum at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
Professional Experience :
- Working as an Associate Professor, GSSSIETW, Mysuru , Sep 2012 to till date
- Worked as a Senior Lecturer in GSSSIETW, Mysuru , Sep 2011 to Aug 2012
- Worked as a Lecturer, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, Feb 2006 to Aug 2011
- Worked as a Lecturer , Srimath Polytechnic, Mysuru , 2002 to 2005
- Worked as a Lecturer ,CPC Polytechnic, Mysuru ,2001 to 2002
- Published a paper on “ Wireless remote control for EOT crane using AVR Microcontroller” in 6th National Conference on “ Emerging Trends in Engineering and Information Technology” (NCETEIT-17) organized by G. Madegowda Institute of Technology on 5th May 2017.
- Published a paper on “ Development of a Recording Protocol for the Assessment of Speech Disorders” in international conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication Computer technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT-2016) on 9th -10th December 2016.
- G. Manjula, Dr.M.Shivakumar, Dr. Y. V. Geetha, “ Automatic Recognition of Prolongations and Repetitions in Stuttering Speech using ANN” published in Journal of the Instrument Society of India (ISOI), Vol. 46, No. 3, September 2016.
- G. Manjula, Dr.M.Shivakumar, “ Automatic Recognition for Instances of Repetitions in Stuttered Speech using Sequence Training Algorithm” presented during International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication and Computational Research (ICSPCCR-16) on 18th-19th May 2016.
- G. Manjula, Dr.M.Shivakumar, “ Overview of Analysis and Classification of Stuttered Speech” presented in 11th IRF International Conference on 8th May 2016 at Hyderabad.
- G. Manjula, Dr.M.Shivakumar, Basavanna. M, “ Speaker Recognition using Cepstral Analysis” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Volume. 4 , Issue. 08 , August – 2015
- Anithasree Maroju, G. Manjula, “ Precision Time Protocol based Time Provider Enabling of Remote Manageability and Monitoring” 2nd National Conference on “ Emerging Trends in Electronics and Communication” (NCETEC-15) on 5th May 2015.
- Smitha. P, G. Manjula, “ Application based access control on cloud networks for data security” 2nd National Conference on “ Emerging Trends in Electronics and Communication” (NCETEC-15) on 5th May 2015.
- Anithasree Maroju, G. Manjula, “ Remote Manageability and Maintenance of Time provider Based on Precision Time Protocol ” National Conference on “ Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology” (G-Tech-15) on 25th April 2015.
- Manjula, Dr.M.Shivakumar, “Stuttered Speech Recognition For Robotic Control ”International Journal of engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), Vol.3, ISSUE 12, June 2014.
- Manjula, “Design of a Current Starved Voltage Controlled Oscillator for 100-500 MHz PLL” International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering and Management-2012 in VVCE, Mysore during July 12-14, 2012.
Academic Activities :
- Coordinated and Participated in workshop on “MSP430 Interface with IOT” TI university program on 30th & 31st January 2017 at GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women, Mysuru.
- Worked as a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the year 2016. 1) MoU with Digital Shark Technology Pvt. Ltd. On 10/11/2016, 2) MoU with RTTC, BSNL, Mysuru on 06/10/2016.
- Paper setter for the subject Speech Signal Processing 10IT832, 2016.
- Paper setter for the subject Speech Signal Processing 10EI842, 2016
- Paper setter for the subject Speech SignPublished a paper on “ Wireless remote control for EOT crane using AVR Microcontroller” in 6th National Conference on “ Emerging Trends in Engineering and Information Technology” (NCETEIT-17) organized by G. Madegowda Institute of Technology on 5th May 2017.al Processing 10IT832, 2015.
- Paper setter for the subject Speech Signal Processing 10EI842, 2015.
- Working as an Industrial Visit Coordinator in the year 2015 till date.
- Working as an MoU Coordinator in the year 2015 till date
- Worked for Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the year 2015. 1) MoU with Advance Electronics Systems in 29/09/2015. 2) MoU with APCOG in 09/10/2015.
- Worked as reviewer for National Conference on Electronics, Signals, Computation and Optimization on 9th july 2015 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Paper setter for the subject Wireless Communication and Mobile Networks 14ECS151, 2014.
- External DCS University Exam, SJCE, Mysuru, 2012.
- Valuator at university level examination, 2007-2013.
- Project Coordinator from the year 2011-till date at ECE Dept, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Have Guided 16 UG Projects. Currently guiding 1UG project and 2 PG Projects.
- IA Coordinator, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2006– 2007.
- Student counsellor, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2009 - 2014.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended National Level ISTE Faculty Development Program on “ Writing Research Proposal” at SDM Institute of Technology, Ujire on 5th November 2016
- Attended three day workshop on LATEX and Research Methodologies at GSSSIETW 27th -29th July 2016
- Participated in “Meet of IEEE India Special Interest Group on Communication Disability” at All India institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysuru on 12th Sep 2015.
- Participated in two day Faculty Development Programme on “ Speech Signal Processing and its Applications”, at Sri Jayachmarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru on 6th and 7th November 2015
- Attended three day workshop on NBA accreditation conducted at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 21st – 23rd july, 2015.
- Attended two day workshop on "Embedded Systems using MSP430" conducted by Gill Instruments in association with Texas Instruments at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, Sep 2014.
- Participated in the Workshop on “Faculty Development Programme” – Embedded System Design on MSP430” Organized by TE Department, GSSSIETW, 20th – 21st September 2014.
- Participated and successfully completed One Week VTU- VGST Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Advances in Medical Imaging Techniques”, GSSSIETW, 26th to 30th March 2012.
- Participated in Workshop on Image and Speech Processing at IIIT, Hyderabad 13th December 2014.
- Participated in two day workshop on “Foundations for Project Proposals” organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering at GSSSIETW during 21st and 22nd August 2009.
- Participated in a Mission 10X workshop conducted at Vidya Vardhaka College of Engineering at Mysuru from 24th Jan – 28th Jan 2011.
- Participated in One Day Technical Training Programme on “Operations and Maintenance of Satellite Interactive Terminal” organized by VTU e-learning Centre, Mysuru in 1st August 2012.
Administrative Activities :
- Worked as in-charge Head of the department in the year 2011 – till date, GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Working as nodal officer for AICTE sponsored BSNL Training Programme (EETP), in the year 2013 – till date, GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Worked as IA Coordinator in the year 2007 – 2008, GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Served as Department Forum Coordinator in the year 2010 – 2013, GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Worked as Invigilator for CET-2014, COMED-K-2013, PGCET-2013, PGCET-2012, GATE-2012,GATE-2010,CET 2010, GATE-2009, GSSSIETW Mysuru.
Professional Membership :
- LTIFERP, (Membership No) – 281604G.
- LMISTE, (Membership No) – LM96873.
- MIETE, (Membership No) – M237465.
Contact Details :
Department of ECE,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
My Vision :
To provide more quality education to my students and empower them for their future in the field of Electronics and to be an active participant in the growth of Institution and my Department.