Fcaulty Name : Archana B
Department ofElectronics & Communication Engineering
Dept. of ECE,
Education Details :
- Pursuing PhD in Wireless Communication, VTU Research Centre, VVCE, Mysuru.
- M Tech ,Computer Network Engineering in N.I.E, Mysuru, 2013.
- B.E ,Electronics and Communication in GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2007.
- Diploma ,Electronics and Communication Engineering in JSSPW, Mysuru,2004.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth: 03/05/1986
- Hobbies: Listening to music, drawing, Painting.
- Languages Known: English, Hindi & Kannada.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor in Electronics and Communication Engineering department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 2013 to till date.
- Worked as Lecturer in Electronics and Communication Engineering department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from August 2008 to Sept 2013.
Funded Project :
- As a Project Guide, a UG project titled “Evidence collection from Car Black Box using Smartphone” was sponsored by KSCST, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- Archana B.GSSSIETW, Dr.T.P. Surekha. VVCE, “Implementation of door system with double security” Third National Conference on Convergence of Science NCCSTM 2017 19th MAY, 2017, Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology & Management, ISBN: 978-93-85682-48-3
- Archana. B, “Self Healing Ring Design in an Optical Network using Ant colony optimization Algorithm”, 4th International conference on recent trends in Engineering Science and Management (ICRTESM-2016), 7th Aug 2016.
- Archana. B, "Resource allocation in LTE: An extensive review on methods, challenges, and Future Scopes", Communication on Applied Electronics, DOI:10.5120/cae 2015651874,Vol 3,No 2,PP No, 12th -22th Oct 2015.
- Archana. B. GSSSIETW, Rampur Srinath NIE , and Hussana Johar.R. GSSSIETW,”Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm For Self Healing Ring Design In An Optical Networks” in Proc. National Conf. Emerging Trends In Electronics & Communication Engg. 2013, ISBN : 978-93-81195-47-5, pp. 307-321.
Academic Activities :
- Worked for the NBA Accreditation of the UG program under the Department of Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Discharged my duty as Moderator and Valuator as directed by VTU for the various subjects held in VTU Regional Office, Mysuru under VTU, Belgaum.
- Discharged duty as Deputy Chief Superintendent, Room Superintendent and Room Relieving Superintendent for VTU theory exams.
- Guided 7 UG Projects, out of which 1 Project was sponsored By KSCST.
- As EDUSAT coordinator I have framed the EDUSAT time table and the schedule for the college.
- As Time table coordinator I have framed the academic time table and the schedule for the Department.
- As Question paper coordinator I have conducted Internal Assesment.
- I have conducted many technical talks and technical fests (CASCADE) through the association.
- Student counselor, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2009 - 2016.
- Valuator at university level examination, 2014 – 2015.
- Currently guiding 2 UG Projects. Have Guided 5 UG Projects, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Student counselor, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2009 - 2014.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended Short term course on “ 5G Multi-User MIMO and massive MIMO Systems” organized by the Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur at MSRIT Bengaluru during June 14th to 16th, 2017.
- Attended one Day Faculty Development Program on “Teaching information security & Research methodology” at GSSSIETW Mysuru on 9th June 2017
- Attended one Day Faculty Development Program on “Recent Trends in Science & Mathematics” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 11th January 2017
- Attended, a one day workshop on “Women in Power Engineering”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 16th Dec 2016.
- Attended 3 days FDP on “Antenna Design and Analysis using ESI’s CEM Solution tools 2016”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 27th – 29th Jan 2016.
- Attended a workshop on “Recent Trends in Photonics”, organized by IEEE Photonics Society, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 29th Aug 2015.
- Attended, a FDP on "Embedded System design on MSP430", GSSSIETW Mysuru, 20th – 21st September 2014.
- Attended two days workshop on "Embedded Systems using MSP430" conducted by Gill Instruments in association with Texas Instruments at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 20 - 21 Sept 2014.
- Attended Second National level conference “Tantragnana - 2009” at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
Administrative Activities :
- Question paper Coordinator for the academic year 2016-17, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Institution Alumnae Coordinator for the academic year 2014 – 15, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- AECES (Departmental Technical Forum) Coordinator, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, 2010 – 2011, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Invigilated COMED-K , PG-CET and RRB exams 2011 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
Professional Membership :
- MISTE, (Life Membership No.) – LM113660
- MIETE, (Membership no.) – M237458.
Contact Details :
Department of ECE,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
My Vision :
To make significant research Contributions. To continue the quality service to the organization and the Department. To gain practical knowledge and enhance and develop personal skills and also to be a member of a winning team, where innovation is meaning of life, motive is progress to learning and there is always way of doing things is the common belief.