Faculty Name: Archana B
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Dept. of ECE,
Education Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Wireless Communication, VTU Research Centre, VVCE, Mysuru.
- M Tech, Computer Network Engineering in N.I.E, Mysuru, 2013.
- B.E, Electronics, and Communication in GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2007.
- Diploma, Electronics and Communication Engineering in JSSPW, Mysuru,2004.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth: 03/05/1986
- Hobbies: Listening to music, drawing, Painting.
- Languages Known: English, Hindi & Kannada.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor in Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 2013 to till date.
- Worked as Lecturer in Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from August 2008 to Sept 2013.
Funded Project :
- As a Project Guide, a UG project titled “Evidence collection from Car Black Box using Smartphone” was sponsored by KSCST, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- Archana, B., and Surekha, T.P.,” Integrated approach for efficient power consumption and resource allocation in MIMO-OFDMA”, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE) Vol.10, No.2, April 2020, pp. 2065~2072 ISSN: 2088-8708, DOI: 10.11591/ijece.v10i2.pp2065-2072, http://ijece.iaescore.com/index.php/IJECE
- Archana, B., and Surekha, T.P.,” Performance Enhancement in MIMO-OFDMA System”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-9 Issue-2, December 2019, Retrieval Number: A5269119119/2019©BEIESP DOI: 10.35940/ijitee.A5269.129219
- Archana, B., and Surekha, T.P., “PCCV: Parallel Cancellation and Convolution Viterbi Encoding/Decoding Approach for MIMO-OFDMA for Efficient Resource Allocation and Power Consumption” © Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019 R. Silhavy (Ed.): CSOC 2019, AISC 986, pp. 40–49, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-19813-8_5
- Archana, B., and Surekha, T.P., “A Compressive Sensing based Channel Estimator and Detection System for MIMO-OFDMA System”, 2nd Computational Methods in Systems and Software 2018 will be published in the Springer Series: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing - ISSN 2194-5357.
- Archana B , Neharika Jain M S ,rpitha B S ,Chaithra H G ,Varshitha M S .,”IMPLEMENTATION OF MIMO OFDM SYSTEM FOR WiMAX”, National Conference on Communication and Data Science (NCCDS-2019) Conference, GSSSIETW, Musuru.
- Archana B ,Pooja Veeranna Biradar , Shubhashini S , Vachana H M , Minarva G M.,” Implementation of MIMO OFDM System”, National Conference on Communication and Data Science (NCCDS-2019) Conference, , GSSSIETW, Musuru.
- Archana B.GSSSIETW, Dr.T.P. Surekha. VVCE, “Implementation of door system with double security” Third National Conference on Convergence of Science NCCSTM 2017 19th MAY, 2017, Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology & Management, ISBN: 978-93-85682-48-3
- Archana. B, “Self Healing Ring Design in an Optical Network using Ant colony optimization Algorithm”, 4th International Conference on recent trends in Engineering Science and Management (ICRTESM-2016), 7th Aug 2016.
- Archana. B, "Resource allocation in LTE: An extensive review on methods, challenges, and Future Scopes", Communication on Applied Electronics, DOI:10.5120/cae 2015651874,Vol 3,No 2,PP No, 12th -22th Oct 2015.
- Archana. B. GSSSIETW, Rampur Srinath NIE, and Hussana Johar.R. GSSSIETW,” Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm For Self Healing Ring Design In An Optical Networks” in Proc. National Conf. Emerging Trends In Electronics & Communication Engg. 2013, ISBN: 978-93-81195-47-5, pp. 307-321.
Lab Setup :
Academic Activities :
- Discharged my duty as Question paper setter as directed by VTU.
- Worked for the NBA Accreditation of the UG program under the Department of Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Discharged my duty as Moderator and Valuator as directed by VTU for the various subjects held in VTU Regional Office, Mysuru under VTU, Belgaum.
- Discharged duty as Deputy Chief Superintendent, Room Superintendent and Room Relieving Superintendent for VTU theory exams.
- Guided 7 UG Projects, out of which 1 Project was sponsored By KSCST.
- As EDUSAT coordinator I have framed the EDUSAT time table and the schedule for the college.
- As Time table coordinator I have framed the academic time table and the schedule for the Department.
- As Question paper coordinator I have conducted Internal Assesment.
- I have conducted many technical talks and technical fests (CASCADE) through the association.
- Student counselor, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2009 - 2016.
- Valuator at university level examination, 2014 – 2015.
- Currently guiding 2 UG Projects. Have Guided 5 UG Projects, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Student counselor, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2009 - 2014.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Hosted 2 Days SDP on “Design and development of embedded systems using Nodemcu with IOT” for 4th ‘A’ students from 2nd and 3rd of April 2019 by Department of ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Five Days workshop on “Interactive Research orientation Workshop” held from 16th to 20th Jan, by the Department of ECE, VVCE, Mysuru.
- Attended One Day FDP on “Effective eResources Retrieval Strategies for Efficient Research”conducted by ECE VTU research centre of GSSSIETW on 9th Jan 2019 in association with IEEE, Bangalore Section.
- Hosted One day Hands on Session on “Hands-on Electronics Workbench Tool” for First year students on 10th of Nov 2018, by Department of ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Six Days International Workshop on “Machine Learning : Insights and Applications” at Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, VVCE, Mysuru from 25th to 30th July 2018
- Attended one week Faculty Development program on “Instructional Design & Delivery” at NIEIT, Mysuru from 8th to 13th January 2018
- Attended Short term course on “ 5G Multi-User MIMO and massive MIMO Systems” organized by the Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur at MSRIT Bengaluru during June 14th to 16th, 2017.
- Attended one Day Faculty Development Program on “Teaching information security & Research methodology” at GSSSIETW Mysuru on 9th June 2017
- Attended one Day Faculty Development Program on “Recent Trends in Science & Mathematics” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 11th January 2017
- Attended, a one day workshop on “Women in Power Engineering”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 16th Dec 2016.
- Attended 3 days FDP on “Antenna Design and Analysis using ESI’s CEM Solution tools 2016”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 27th – 29th Jan 2016.
- Attended a workshop on “Recent Trends in Photonics”, organized by IEEE Photonics Society, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 29th Aug 2015.
- Attended, a FDP on "Embedded System design on MSP430", GSSSIETW Mysuru, 20th – 21st September 2014.
- Attended two days workshop on "Embedded Systems using MSP430" conducted by Gill Instruments in association with Texas Instruments at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 20 - 21 Sept 2014.
- Attended Second National level conference “Tantragnana - 2009” at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
Administrative Activities :
- Secretary, GSSSIETW Alumnae Association 2017-2019, Mysuru
- Question paper Coordinator for the academic year 2016-17, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Institution Alumnae Coordinator for the academic year 2014 – 15, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- AECES (Departmental Technical Forum) Coordinator, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, 2010 – 2011, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Invigilated COMED-K , PG-CET and RRB exams 2011 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
Professional Membership :
- MISTE, (Life Membership No.) – LM113660
- MIETE, (Membership no.) – M237458.
Contact Details :
Department of ECE,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
My Vision :
To make significant research Contributions. To continue the quality service to the organization and the Department. To gain practical knowledge and enhance and develop personal skills and also to be a member of a winning team, where innovation is meaning of life, motive is progress to learning and there is always way of doing things is the common belief.