Faculty Name: Archana B
Department : Electronics & Communication Engineering
Dept. of ECE,
Education Details :
- PhD Thesis submitted (Viva pending) in Wireless Communication, VTU Research Centre, Dept. of ECE, Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysuru
- M.Tech in Computer Network Engineering, N.I.E, Mysuru, 2013.
- B.E ,Electronics and Communication in GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2007.
- Diploma ,Electronics and Communication Engineering in JSSPW, Mysuru,2004.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth: 03/05/1986
- Hobbies: Listening to music, drawing, Painting.
- Languages Known: English, Hindi & Kannada.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor in Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 2013 to till date.
- Worked as Lecturer in Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from August 2008 to Sept 2013.
Funded Project :
- As a Project Guide, a UG project titled “Evidence collection from Car Black Box using Smartphone” was sponsored by KSCST, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- VGST Proposal submitted on project titled “Establishment of Software Defined Radio Laboratory for Enhancing Engineering Curricula and Research” as a Co-investigator on 5th Dec 2019.
- Archana, B., and Surekha, T.P.,” Integrated approach for efficient power consumption and resource allocation in MIMO-OFDMA”, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE) Vol.10, No.2, April 2020, pp. 2065~2072 ISSN: 2088-8708, DOI: 10.11591/ijece.v10i2.pp2065-2072, http://ijece.iaescore.com/index.php/IJECE
- Archana, B., and Surekha, T.P.,” Performance Enhancement in MIMO-OFDMA System”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-9 Issue-2, December 2019, Retrieval Number: A5269119119/2019©BEIESP DOI: 10.35940/ijitee.A5269.129219
- Archana, B., and Surekha, T.P., “PCCV: Parallel Cancellation and Convolution Viterbi Encoding/Decoding Approach for MIMO-OFDMA for Efficient Resource Allocation and Power Consumption” © Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019 R. Silhavy (Ed.): CSOC 2019, AISC 986, pp. 40–49, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-19813-8_5
- Archana, B., and Surekha, T.P., “A Compressive Sensing based Channel Estimator and Detection System for MIMO-OFDMA System”, 2nd Computational Methods in Systems and Software 2018 will be published in the Springer Series: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing - ISSN 2194-5357.
- Archana B , Neharika Jain M S ,rpitha B S ,Chaithra H G ,Varshitha M S .,”IMPLEMENTATION OF MIMO OFDM SYSTEM FOR WiMAX”, National Conference on Communication and Data Science (NCCDS-2019) Conference, GSSSIETW, Musuru.
- Archana B ,Pooja Veeranna Biradar , Shubhashini S , Vachana H M , Minarva G M.,” Implementation of MIMO OFDM System”, National Conference on Communication and Data Science (NCCDS-2019) Conference, , GSSSIETW, Musuru.
- Archana B.GSSSIETW, Dr.T.P. Surekha. VVCE, “Implementation of door system with double security” Third National Conference on Convergence of Science NCCSTM 2017 19th MAY, 2017, Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology & Management, ISBN: 978-93-85682-48-3
- Archana. B, “Self Healing Ring Design in an Optical Network using Ant colony optimization Algorithm”, 4th International Conference on recent trends in Engineering Science and Management (ICRTESM-2016), 7th Aug 2016.
- Archana. B, "Resource allocation in LTE: An extensive review on methods, challenges, and Future Scopes", Communication on Applied Electronics, DOI:10.5120/cae 2015651874,Vol 3,No 2,PP No, 12th -22th Oct 2015.
- Archana. B. GSSSIETW, Rampur Srinath NIE, and Hussana Johar.R. GSSSIETW,” Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm For Self Healing Ring Design In An Optical Networks” in Proc. National Conf. Emerging Trends In Electronics & Communication Engg. 2013, ISBN: 978-93-81195-47-5, pp. 307-321.
Lab Setup :
Academic Activities :
- Discharged my duty as Question paper setter as directed by VTU.
- Worked for the NBA Accreditation of the UG program under the Department of Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Discharged my duty as Moderator and Valuator as directed by VTU for the various subjects held in VTU Regional Office, Mysuru under VTU, Belgaum.
- Discharged duty as Deputy Chief Superintendent, Room Superintendent and Room Relieving Superintendent for VTU theory exams.
- Guided 7 UG Projects, out of which 1 Project was sponsored By KSCST.
- As EDUSAT coordinator I have framed the EDUSAT time table and the schedule for the college.
- As Time table coordinator I have framed the academic time table and the schedule for the Department.
- As Question paper coordinator I have conducted Internal Assesment.
- I have conducted many technical talks and technical fests (CASCADE) through the association.
- Student counselor, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2009 - 2016.
- Valuator at university level examination, 2014 – 2015.
- Currently guiding 2 UG Projects. Have Guided 5 UG Projects, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Student counselor, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2009 - 2014.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Participated in Online Quiz on “Outcome Based Education (OBE)” organized by Dept. of ECE, SMT. KAMALA AND SRI VENKAPPA M. AGADI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY, LAKSHMESHWAR on 27th of May 2020 (Post Covid-19).
- Attended Online Workshop on “IEEE Reference Management Tool for Research Articles & Thesis Writing” organized by IEEE Bangalore Section on 20th May 2020 (Post Covid-19).
- Attended 3 Days online “Webinar Series on Satellite and Automation” organized by IEEE Bangalore Section and CAS Bangalore Chapter from 11th to 13th of May 2020 (Post Covid-19).
- Participated in CII – Young Indians Mysore’s Ideathon on Social Innovation held at SJCE Campus, Mysuru on 19th of February 2020.
- Hosted 5 Days Skill development Workshop on “NI Lab view-DAQ Training using myDAQ-Module 2” in association with NI LabVIEW Academy School from 7th to 11th of January 2020 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Hosted 2 Days SDP on “Design and development of embedded systems using Nodemcu with IOT” for 4th ‘A’ students from 2nd and 3rd of April 2019 by Department of ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Five Days workshop on “Interactive Research orientation Workshop” held from 16th to 20th Jan, by the Department of ECE, VVCE, Mysuru.
- Attended One Day FDP on “Effective eResources Retrieval Strategies for Efficient Research”conducted by ECE VTU research centre of GSSSIETW on 9th Jan 2019 in association with IEEE, Bangalore Section.
- Hosted One day Hands on Session on “Hands-on Electronics Workbench Tool” for First year students on 10th of Nov 2018, by Department of ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Six Days International Workshop on “Machine Learning : Insights and Applications” at Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, VVCE, Mysuru from 25th to 30th July 2018
- Attended one week Faculty Development program on “Instructional Design & Delivery” at NIEIT, Mysuru from 8th to 13th January 2018
- Attended three Day short term course on “ 5G Multi-User MIMO and massive MIMO Systems” June 14th- 16th, 2017 . Organized by Prof. Aditya K. Jagannatham, EE Department, IIT Kanpur in association with E & C Dept., M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
- Attended one Day Faculty Development Program on “Teaching information security & Research methodology” at GSSSIETW Mysuru on 9th June 2017
- Attended one Day Faculty Development Program on “Recent Trends in Science & Mathematics” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 11th January 2017
- Attended one Day IEEE PES Workshop on “Women in Power Engineering” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 16th December 2016
- Attended IDEA WORKSHOP from CLIKTRONIKA-2016 and presented Project entitled “EVIDENCE COLLECTION FROM CAR BLACK BOX USING SMARTPHONE” (Project Ref. No. 36S0949 & year 2012-13) Supported by KSCST held on 9th December 2016 at BIEC (Bangalore International Exhibition Centre), at 2:00 PM, Tumkur Road, Bangalore.
- Attended one Day Workshop on “Recent Topics in Photonics” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 29th August 2016
- Attended three Days Workshop on “Research Methodology & Research Motivational aspects” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 27th to 29th July 2016
- Attended three days Faculty Development on “Antenna Theory Design and Analysis using ESI’s CEM Solutions Tool 2016” Organized by the Dept. of ECE & TCE, GSSSIETW in association with Technilab Instruments, Ni Logic Pvt. Ltd. and IETE, Mysuru from 27th -29th of Jan 2016.
- Attended National Conference on “Electronics, Signals, Computation and Optimizatio- NCESCO 15” Organized by the Dept. of ECE & TCE, GSSSIETW , on 9th July 2015.
- Attended two days workshop on "Embedded Systems using MSP430" conducted by Gill Instruments in association with Texas Instruments at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 20 - 21 Sept 2014.
- Attended Second National level conference “Tantragnana - 2009” at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
Administrative Activities :
- Organized 1st Global Alumnae Meet 2020 on 9th of May 2020 (Post Covid-19).
- Secretary, GSSSIETW Alumnae Association 2017 to Till date, Mysuru
- Question paper Coordinator for the academic year 2016-18, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Institution Alumnae Coordinator for the academic year 2014 – 18, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Departmental Placement Coordinator for the academic year 2015-16, GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Time table Coordinator for the academic year 2012- 2016, GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- AECES (Departmental Technical Forum) Coordinator, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, 2010 – 2011, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Invigilated COMED-K , PG-CET and RRB exams 2011 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
Professional Membership :
- MISTE, (Life Membership No.) – LM113660
- MIETE, (Membership no.) – M237458.
Contact Details :
Department of ECE,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone: 0821-4257304/305.(EXT-203). , +919900853344.
My Vision :
To work dynamically as a team in strengthening Research and other academic activities of the Department, for the growth of the institute and to inspire the students in developing their Knowledge.