Faculty Name : Jagadisha N
Department : Electrical & Electronics Engineering
B.E, M.Tech (Ph.D), AMIE, MISTE
Education Details :
- B.E, BMSIT, Bangalore VTU, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, 2008
- M.Tech SJCE,Mysore VTU Energy Systems Management 2012
- PhD, SJCE- Research center, VTU, High Voltage Engineering, (Pursuing)
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth : 10/02/1986
- Hobbies : Playing, Reading, Listening music…
- Languages know : English, Kannada, and Hindi
Research Details :
- Cleared 3 course work subjects.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, GSSSIETW, from 2012 to till date
- Worked as Senior Quality Audit Engineer(SQA) in Ramboll IMI Soft Bangalore from 2009-2010
- Worked as a Design Engineer in SunLux Technologies Bangalore 2008-2009.
Workshops/Conference/Seminars attended :
- Attended five days training programme on “Applied Electrostatics in non thermal plasma for environmental applications and control of bio particles” at SJCE, Mysuru from 21st to 25th December 2017.
- Presented “ Abatment of Benzene and toluene using electric discharge Plasma technique- An experimental study” at International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and optimization Techniques” conducted by GSSSIETW on 15th and 16th December 2017.
- Attended one day FDP on “Blooms taxanomy” under ISTE chapter on 11th September 2017.
- Attended 3days workshop on “Research methodologies”- IEEE Bangalore chapter at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 27th to 29th July 2016.
- Attended One day awareness programme on Intellectual property rights on 23rd September 2016
- Attended International Conference on Air quality Management and presented “Plasma based Hybrid technique for abatement of pollutants from stationary Engine exhaust/ type of fuel, loading condition and flow rate” at IIT, Chennai on 15th and 16th Feb 2016.
- Attended National Conference on Combating Air Pollution, Lucknow, India and presented “Plasma Promoted Hybrid Technique for Abatement of Pollutants from Stationary Engine Exhaust- Effect of exhaust composition, Loading and Flow Rate” IIT, from 26th to 29th Jan 2016.
- Presented “High voltage Distribution System for rural level” in national level paper presentation competition ‘ENIGMA-2016’ at MCE, Hassan on 6th March 2016.
- Attended a technical talk on “Research trends in image and signal Processing”, by Dr. Panduranga S, Dept of Technical education, Karnataka. on 27th feb 2016 Organized by the Dept of TCE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Jagadisha N, “Micro and smart grid power generation” and was awarded 3rd best paper at state level technical paper presentation and project model exhibition “IEINITTE-2017” on emerging and sustainable technology for successfull accomplishment of national programme “MAKE IN INDIA” at NMAM Institute of technology, Karkala on 11th March 2017.
- Electrical pulse discharge plasma augmented catalysis and adsorption for NOx /CO abatement from stationary diesel engine exhaust – Effect of system configuration, exhaust composition and concentration, 18th Asian Conference on Electrical Discharge (ACED 2016) at IIT Madras, Chennai, India, December (8 -10), 2016
- Electrical discharge plasma for activation of adsorbent and catalytic materials for diesel engine exhaust treatment, Indian Journal of Advances in chemical sciences S1(2016), Pg: 82-87, June- July 2016.
- Jagadisha N, Asma Sumaira, Bhavana S, Muneera Begum, “Solar Wind Hybrid Power Generation using Optimised Techniques for distributed Generation”, IJIREEICE, vol-3, Spl issue 2, pg: 221- 225, April 2016.
- Jagadisha N, Shilpashri V N,Krupa M, Sai Shankar, “ PLC and SCADA based Power Management in Industries”, IJRASE, vol-1,issue 10,Dec 2015
- A.D.Srinivasan, Rajagopala.R, Jagadisha.N “Pulse Discharge Plasma based Techniques for removal of NOx from Engine Exhaust Effect of – type of fuel, exhaust nature and operating scheme”. Paper has been accepted in 2015 Annual Meeting of the Electrostatic Society of America California State Polytechnic University, Pomona Pomona, CA June 16 - 18, 2015
- A.D.Srinivasan, Rajagopala.R, Jagadisha.N “Pulse Discharge Plasma based Techniques for removal of NOx from Engine Exhaust Effect of – type of fuel, exhaust nature and operating scheme”. ISNPEDADM, Re Union Island, France, 2015
- A.D.Srinivasan, Rajagopala.R, Jagadisha.N, “Pulsed Discharge plasma based Techniques for removal of NOx from engine exhaust effect of- Type of fuel, Exhaust nature and Operating Scheme”, IEEE-ESA Annual Meeting,2015.
- A.D.Srinivasan, R Rajagopala, N.Jagadisha, and A Bhargavi “A Laboratory Investigation of Pulsed Discharged based techniques for Engine Exhaust Treatment- Effect of Exhaust Nature and Operating Conditions” in IEE IAS Electrostatic Joint Conference, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada- June2012.
- A.D.Srinivasan, R Rajagopala, N.Jagadisha, and A Bhargavi “ A Laboratory Investigation of Pulsed Discharged based techniques for Engine Exhaust Treatment- Effect of Exhaust Nature and Operating Conditions” International Journal of Plasma Environmental Science & Technology (IJPEST), vol.6, no.3, pp215-221, Dec2012.
- A.D.Srinivasan, R Rajagopala, N.Jagadisha, and A Bhargavi “A Laboratory Investigation of Pulsed Discharge Plasma Associated Catalysis for Engine Exhaust Treatment” 2012 International Symposium on Plasmas for Catalysis and Energy Materials , Tianjin University, Tianjin, China- September 2012.
- A.D.Srinivasan, R Rajagopala, N.Jagadisha, and Chandrashekara K” NOx emission control in bio-diesel engine using combined engine valve time control and pulse discharge plasma based exhaust control technique”, in IEEE-IAS Annual meeting Oct-2013 PP 1-4.
- A.D.Srinivasan, Jagadisha N, Akshath Kumar and Supreeth S “Simulation and Experimental Studies on an Existing Industrial Electrostatic Precipitator” XIII International Conference on Electrostatic Precipitation-2013 Bangalore, India.
Academic Activities :
- Moderator for High Voltage Engineering and Electrical Power Utilization at PES Mandya
Workshops Attended :
Attended technical talk on “Sustainable Developments towards world class
universities with focus on IIT system and their location & governance” at Institute
of engineers India Mysore on 11 May-2015
- Two day work shop on “Embedded System Design on MSP430” at GSSSIETW Mysore.
- Three day work shop on AutoCAD software at M.S. Engineering College Bangalore.
- Five day FDP conducted by VGST on “Potential Research Avenues and Emerging Technologies in the field of Electrical Engineering” sponsored by VTU-VGST from 12th to 16th March 2012.
- Two day work shop on Effective writing of IEEE paper held at SJCE Mysore remote center, by IIT Bombay.
- Two day workshop as a resource person on LATEX at GSSSIETW Mysore
Faculty development activities :
- Attended one week TEQIP II sponsored FDP on sustenance of Energy and Environment: Challenges & Research dimension from 25th July to 30th July 2016
- Attended two days FDP on “Faculty effectiveness enhancement training programme” conducted by Suprijiv foundation at ECC center, Whitefield, Bengaluru from 25th to 26th Nov 2016.
- Attended a FDP on “R & D funding opportunities and intellectual property rights” at GSSSIETW on 21st July 2016
- Attended FDP on “Cloud computing and education” organized through ISTE at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 20th July 2016
- Attended one day FDP on “Outcome based education – NBA Workshop” on 7th June 2016 Under ISTE Forum at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Two-Day FDP on Sustainable Energies: An inter disciplinary Research Perspectives from 22-23 January 2016 at NIEIT Mysuru.
- Attended a FDP on “R & D Funding oppurtunities and Intellectual property rights” at KSIT, Bangalore from 28th to 30th March 2016.
- Attended Faculty development Programme on “Research thrust in Renewable Energy” at GSSSIETE from 27th to 29th Jan 2016.
- Attended a 2 days faculty development Programme on “Sustainable Energies- An Interdisciplinary Research Perspective”, organized by Dept. of EEE, NIEIT, Mysore on Jan 22nd and 23rd,2016.
Administrative Activities :
- Attended COMDE-K counseling work at Bangalore in the Academic year 2012-13 & 2013-14.
Professional Membership :
- Life Time Member for ISTE, Member ID-LM 96903
Awards Received :
- Received 100% result award for subjects handled in engineering.
- Electrical Power Utilization (In Dec/Jan- 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Electrical Power Generation (In Dec/Jan- 2012, 2014)
- Computer Aided Electrical Drawing (In Jun/July-2013, 2014)
- Renewable Energy Sources (In Jun/July-2013, 2014)
Contact Details :
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 127)
My Visions :
Leadership among the staff and with the administration is shared in order to bring consensus and common. Taking responsibility for the progress of all students & establishment of positive working conditions provide instruction encouraging all students to use modern skills and related projects are integrated among disciplines.