Faculty Name : Sindhu B M
Department : Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Sindhu B M
B.E, M.Tech ,AMIE, MISTE
Educational Details :
- B.E, BIET Davangere,VTU, Electrical and Electronics Engineering,2009
- M.Tech, KVGCE Sullia, Dakshina Kannada, Electrical and Electronics engineering, Computer Application in Industrial Drives, 2015
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth : 25TH APRIL 1987
- Hobbies : Reading books, Cooking and Baking, Glass painting, listening to music.
- Languages Known: Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and English
Profession Experience :
- Asst.Prof , GSSSIETW, Mysore from 24th july 2015 to till date
- Lecturer, PES, Bangalore from Feb 2011 to Feb 2013.
- Lecturer, KIT college, Tiptur from July 2009 to Feb 2011
- Successfully guided and completed BE final year student project under KSCST in the year 2010 titled, “Digital energy meter” in KIT.
- Organized workshop, guest lecturer and industrial visits to SAIL/VISL Bhadravati, CPRI Bangalore.
- Attended 2days Retreat program “Adyatmanam” at Japadakatte, Hebsur, K R Nagar
- on 10th and 11th July 2017.
- Conducted short term training on “Modelling and Simulation of SIM- Power systems using SCILAB” for the students of 5th semester from 21st to 23rd January 2017.
- Attended three days IMS internal auditor training at Indian railways workshop, Ashokapuram, Mysuru from 12th to 14th January 2017 and 23rd to 24th January 2017.
- Participated in IEEE-PES workshop on “Women in Power engineering” at GSSSIETW on 16th December 2016.
- Presented "Fuzzy logic based DG placement in medium voltage distribution networks", International conference on latest Trends in Science and technology (ICLTST-16), Coimbatore, India, 12th June 2016.
- Presented "Analysis of soft switching performance of a resonant boost converter for PFC with ZVS/ZCS", International conference on latest trends in science and technology (ICLTST-16), Coimbatore, India, 12th June 2016.
- Presented “Chopper Fed Speed Control of DC Motor Drives” at 5th National conference on ‘Emerging trends in Engineering and Technology (GTECH- EXPO 16) at G. Madegowda Institute of Technology, Mandya on 29th April 2016.
- Attended a technical talk on “Research trends in image and signal Processing”, by Dr. Panduranga S, Dept of Technical education, Karnataka. on 27th feb 2016 Organized by the Dept of TCE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Participated and secured 1st place in the National level PG technical fest Dept of EEE KVGCE Sullia D K held on 25th April 2014 on paper titled “A Digital controlling scheme of a three phase BLDM drive for four quadrant operation”.Published a technical paper entitled
- “Simulation of the BLDC motor drive” at the 7th National conference on Advances in Energy Conversion Technologies held during Jan 2015 organized by Dept of EEE Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal.
- “A DIGITAL CONTROLLING SCHEME OF A THREE PHASE BLDM DRIVE FOR FOUR QUADRANT OPERATION of an ELECTRIC VEHICLE” at the 2nd National Conference on Instrumentation and control engineering NSSCE Palakkad, Kerala in July 2015 by the Dept of Instrumentation Engineering.
- Sindhu B M, “Smart Energy Meter for Implementing Billing System and for controlling Electricity Theft based on GSM technology”, “World Journal of Engineering Research and technology” WJERT with impact factor of 4.326 & ICV 44.56, Manuscript ID: WJERT/383/3/2017, May 2017.
- Sindhu B M, “AC-DC-AC a three level PWM converter”, “International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology” with IMPACT FACTOR of 6.209, Manuscript ID IJ60505045, DOI:10.15680/IJIRSET.2017.0605001 15th May 2017
- Sindhu B M, “Speed control of DC motor drive system , using Chopper controlled Pulse width modulation technique” , IJIRST, Vol 12 issue 10, March 2016, ISSN :2349-6010.
- "Resonant circuit with Soft Switching Performance of a Boost Converter for PFC with ZVS and/ or ZCS,” IJSTE, vol-2, issue-6, Dec 2015, ISSN: 2349-784x
- “A Digital Controlling scheme of a three phase BLDM drive for four quadrant operation”, IJOER, Vol-3, Issue-6, Nov- Dec 2015: ISSN : 2321-7758
- “Control of two phase induction and Synchronous Motor drives using direct torque Control “, IJOER, vol-3, Issue-6, Nov- Dec 2015: ISSN : 2321-7758
- “Enhancement of Power Quality of a distribution system using DPFC with fuzzy controller “, IJOER, vol-3, Issue 6, Nov- dec 2015, ISSN: 2321-7758
Academic Activities :
- Responsibility of IA co-ordinator in the department.
Academic Interest :
- Control system Engineering.
- Field theory.
- Power electronics and Electrical drives.
- Electrical Machines and power control.
- Basic Electrical Engineering
Academic Activities :
- IA coordinator.
- Responsibility of Industry – institute coordination
Faculty development activities :
- Attended five days FDP on “ Innovative trends into teaching” at VTU RC, Mysuru from 11th to 15th July 2016.
- Attended three day FDP on “Research methodology and research motivational aspects” at GSSSIETW from 27th -29th July 2016.
- Attended a FDP on “R & D funding opportunities and intellectual property rights” at GSSSIETW on 21st July 2016
- Attended FDP on “Cloud computing and education” organized through ISTE at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 20th July 2016
- Attended one day FDP on “Outcome based education –NBA workshop” on 7th June 2016 under ISTE forum at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Faculty development Programme on “ Research thrust in Renewable Energy” at GSSSIETE from 27th to 29th Jan 2016.
Contact Details :
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 127)
My vision :
To excel in engineering education and research, inculcating professional ethics in students and emerge as a leaders in the country in the field of electrical & electronics engineering.