Faculty Name : Mahanthesh U
Department : Electronics & Communication Engineering
Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Ph.D (Pursuing) in image proccesing, MCE, Hassan
- Master of Technology in Computer Networks Engineering, NIE, Mysore, 2014
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering, HMSIT,Tumkur,2009
- DOB : 28-07-1987
- Hobbies : Reading news Paper & Novels. Listening music Playing Shuttlecock & Ball Badminton. Drawing & Painting.
- Languages know : Kannada, English
- Working as Assistant Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysore from 03.08.2009 to till date.
- Mahanthesh U presented a technical paper “Identification of Human Facial Expression signal classification using Spatial Temporal Algorithm” in International Conference on Signal Processing and Computational Research (ICSPCCR-16), VVIET Mysuru which was also published in International Journal of Engineering Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IJEREEE) Vol 2, Issue 5, May 2016
- Mahanthesh U presented a technical paper “Wireless Data Transmission through Light” in National Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics & Communication Engineering (NCREC-16), Sri Krishna Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 5th May 2016.
- Mahanthesha U and Dr. H S Mohana, “ Identification of human facial expression signal classification using spatial temporal Algorithm ”, International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication and Computational Research (ICSPCCR-16), Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering & Technology, Mysuru, May 2016.
- Mahanthesha U ,”Recognition of Human Facial expression Using MATLAB”, Technical Paper Presentation, Poewred by IEEE held on 6th May 2016 at Vidyavardhaka college of Engineering ,Mysuru .
- Mahanthesha U “Wireless Data Transmission Through Light” on 5th May 2016 in National Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics & Communicat
- Published an International technical paper titled “APPLICATION DEPENDENT GEO-ROUTING PROTOCOL ON MULTI-RADIO NETWORKS” in “International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication” (IJRITCC) in Sep-2014.
- Presented a technical national paper “Iris Recognition” in National Level Students Technical Symposium at Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Tumkur on 3rd and 4th April 2009.
- Have Guided 10 UG Projects. Currently guiding 2 UG projects.
- Coordinated the International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT-2016), Held on 09th & 10th December 2016 in Association with IEEE Bangalore section.
- Attended VTU evaluations for the Analog Electronics Circuits, Logic Design, Communication Systems subjects etc.
- Paper setter for the subject Analog Electronics Circuits, Computer Networks, Computer Communication Networks, Digital design & HDL,
- Have Participated in various departmental & college level technical fest and supported for the conduction of various technical events.
- Coordinating the Media and Publicity for the department and college.
Department Level Activities:
- Working as departmental Time Table coordinator from January 2017.
- Working as a Placement coordinator From 2016 odd semester.
- Coordinated the two days workshop on “Quad copters” conducted by IIT Dehli, organized at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 12th and 13th March 2015.
- Coordinated the technical talk on ““Embedded Systems” by Ms. Prathiba Kudva , Sr. Project Manager, L&T IES, Mysore, 10th May 2011.
- Participated the technical Talk on “Bio-medical Imaging Modalities “By Rajesh Aiyer, 18th Aug 2012.
- Coordinated the Technical talk on “Role of Instrumentation of the Nuclear Industry” by Sri A.R Srivatsa , Scientific officer/G, Sri Joseph Thomas M, Scientific officer/F, BARC, Mysore, 10th May 2014 .
- Participated the Technical Talk on “Emerging Trends in Process Automation” Smt. Padma R , Deputy Manager (Training), Customer Service Division, Yokogawa India Limited, Bangalore, 18th Sept 2014.
- Coordinated the Industrial visits to MCF, Mangalore, 22nd Feb 2010.
- Coordinated the Industrial visits to ACE components, 10th April 2013.
- Coordinated the Industrial visits to Kaynes Technologies, 30.08.2014. Coordinated the Industrial visits to Vikram Hospital, 25th Sept 2014.
- Have Participated in various departmental technical fest and supported for the conduction of various technical events.
Faculty Development Activities:
- Attended one day Faculty Development Programme on Research Methodology at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 9th June 2017.
- Mahanthesh U participated in Three Day Workshop on “Research Methodology and Research Motivational Aspects” organized in association with IEEE Bangalore section from 27th to 29th July 2016.
- Mahanthesh U participated in two days FDP on “Faculty Effectiveness Enhancement Training (FEET)” at Suprajev Training & Development Center, Bengaluru on 25th and 26th of November 2016.
- Attended workshop on “NBA Accreditation” organized by GSSSIETW, Mysore in association with Engineering Staff College of India, Hyderabad from 21st July 2015 to 23rd July 2015.
- Attended workshop on “NBA Accreditation” organized by GSSSIETW, Mysore from 4th July 2015.
- Attended workshop on meet of IEEE india special interest group on communication disability at AllSH, Mysore on 12th September 2015.
- Attended workshop on Image and Speech Processing at IIIT Hydarabad on 12th December 2015.
- Attended workshop on Recent Trends in Biomedical Signal and Image Processing at SJCE, Mysuru from 10th march 2016 to 14th march 2016.
- Attended workshop on “DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING USING MATLAB” conducted at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 1st and 2nd April 2016 by TechTalks Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Attended Faculty Development Program (FDP) on “Entrepreneurship Development “by Dept. of Science & Technology, Delhi, CEDOK, Dharwad at JSS PDA, Mysore, 09.07.2012.
- Attended Faculty Development Program on “InFacE – Industry update for Faculty Enrichment” by ECE Dept in association with IEEE Consumer Electronics Society, Bangalore at Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering and Technology, Mysore, 02.02.2013.
- Attended workshop on “Virtual Instrumentation - Lab view” held from 6th and 7th January 2012 at Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering & Technology, Mysore.
- Attended a 2 day’s workshop on “PLC and SCADA” in VTU regional office, conducted by RMJ Automation Pvt ltd, Mysore, 17th & 18th Jan-2014,
- Attended workshop on “Intellectual property rights” at VTU Regional Centre, Mysore, 27.01.2014.
- Attended the Five Days Workshop on “Distributed Control System” organized by IT in association with YOKOGAWA India Ltd, Bengaluru at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 05.01.2015 to 09.01.2015
- Attended the Five Days Workshop on “Programmable Logic Controller and SCADA System” organized by IT in association with YOKOGAWA India Ltd, Bengaluru at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 05.01.2015 to 09.01.2015
- Worked as workshop coordinator in “Zonal rounds of RoboTryst-2013”, organized by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. in collaboration with IIT Delhi at GSSSIETW, Mysore, 18/10/2012 , 19/10/2012.
- Worked as workshop Coordinator for the Five Days Workshop on “Distributed Control System” organized by IT in association with YOKOGAWA India Ltd, Bengaluru at GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Worked as workshop coordinator for the Five Days Workshop on “Programmable Logic Controller and SCADA System” organized by IT in association with YOKOGAWA India Ltd, Bengaluru at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Participated the “NEN Orientation Program” organized by National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), 18th June 2010.
- Publicity & Media coordination work for all departmental festivals and cultural events. Coordinated in COMED-K during Admissions Worked as invigilator for COMED-K, CET and GATE examinations.
- Professional membership: ISTE Life-Time Member- LM 96916
- 100% Results Award for the subjects handled Electronic Instrumentation DSP Architecture Computer Networks
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 408)
To encourage and support creative and innovative projects & activities & Journal publication to become industry-ready or pursue higher studies of their choice.