Faculty Name: Dr. Rajendra R. Patil
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Professor & Head.
Dept. of ECE,
Education Details :
- PhD in Applied Electronics, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, Feb. 2016
- Master of Technology, Power Electronics, PDAEC, Gulbarga, 2006.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engg. , PDAEC, Gulbarga, 1991
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 04/06/1968
- Hobbies: Reading, Listening to music.
- Languages Known : Kannada, Hindi and English
Profession Experience :
- Working as Professor & Head, ECE Dept, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 01/07/2018 to till date
- Worked as Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 14/07/2017 to 30/06/2018
- Worked as Professor at Appa IET, Gulbarga from 01-09-2016 to 14-06-2017.
- Worked as Associate Professor at Appa IET, Gulbarga from 01-10-2013 to 30-09-2016.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at Appa IET, Gulbarga from 15-02-2009 to 30-09-2013
- Worked as Lecturer at Appa IET, Gulbarga, from 05-10-2007 to 14-02-2009
- Worked as Associate Professor at JPNCE, Mahaboobnagar, Andhra Pradesh, from 01-01-2007 to 04-10-2007
- Worked as Assistant Professor at JPNCE, Mahaboobnagar, Andhra Pradesh, from 01-07-2006 to 01-12-2006
- Worked as Lecturer at Appa IET Gulbarga, from 24-09-2004 to 01-06-2005
- Worked as Assistant Manager at MAX Circuits, Bangalore from June 1998 to Nov. 2002
- Worked as R&D Engineer at Motwane (P) Ltd, Bangalore from Sept. 1993 to May 1998
- Worked as Design Engineer at VS CAD Systems, Bangalore from Mar 1992 to Aug. 1993
International Journal Papers :
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Antenna Miniaturization using Magneto- Dielectrics”, International Journal of Electronics and Communication Technologies”, Vol. 3, No 4, pp. 15-18, October-December 2012
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Antenna Miniaturization Techniques for Wireless Applications” International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering & Technology, Vol.3, Issue.3, pp.197-201, October-December. 2012.
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M, and P.V. Hunagund, “Design and Simulation of Nanotechnology based Proximity Coupled Patch Antenna at X-Band” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communi cation Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 9, pp. 3344-3348, September 2013.
- Md. Moyeed Abrar and Rajendra R. Patil, “Micro Air Vehicle-A Pocket sized flying Aircraft, Military asset and a boon to mankind-An overview”, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computational and Applied Sciences, 6(1), pp. 43-51, Sept-Oct. 2013
- Md. Moyeed Abrar and Rajendra R. Patil, “Multipoint Temperature Data Logger and Display on PC through Zigbee using PSoC ”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 9, pp. 3382-3391, Sept. 2013
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Modeling and Simulation of Carbon Nanotube based Patch Antenna for WLAN Applications”, International Journal of Research in Electronics & Communication Technology” Vol.1, Issue.2, pp. 89-93, October- December 2013.
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Simulation C characterization of Patch Antenna using Ultra Thin Conductors for Wireless LAN Applications” IJCA proceedings on Recent Advances in Information Technology (NCRAIT-2014), organized by Solapur University, Sholapur, pp. 1-4, 15-16, Feb. 2014. [This paper is cited in: Puchades, Ivan, Jamie E. Rossi, Cory D. Cress, Eric Naglich, and Brian J. Landi. "Carbon Nanotube Thin - Film Antennas." ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 8, no. 32 (2016): 20986 -20992.]
- Md. Moyeed Abrar and Rajendra R. Patil, “Logic Gate based Automatic Water Level Controller”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 4, pp. 477-482, April 2014
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Experimental Characterization of Silver Nanofilm Proximity Coupled Microstrip Patch Antenna” International Journal of Engineering Trends & Technology Vol. 13, Number 6, pp. 299-302, July 2014
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R. M and P.V. Hunagund, “Simulation and Experimental Characterization Silver Nanofilm Microstrip Patch Antenna” Elixir International Journal, pp. 27539-27542, October 2014
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Antenna-On-Chip for wireless Applications” International Journal of Pure and Applied Research in Engineering and Technology, volume 3(3), pp. 54-62, November 2014
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Copper Nanofilm for WLAN Applications” International Journal of Electronics and communication engineering &Technology, Vol.5, Issue.10, pp.74-79, October 2014.
- Veeresh G.V and Rajendra R. Patil, “Circular Patch Antenna with Defected Ground and Parasitic Layer for Wide Bandwidth”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Issue 5, pp. 138-141, May 2015.
- Shruti Avanty and Rajendra R. Patil, “Design of P roximity Coupled Patch Antenna for Miniaturization and Directivity Enhancement” International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp.204-207, April 2006.
- Padma and Rajendra R. Patil, “Performance Analysis of Music Algorithm for AoA Estimation in Wireless Communication”, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology,Vol. 35, issue 7, 2016.
- Vidyashree Chetty and Rajendra R. Patil, “ Testing of Application Commands using Execute in P lace F lash Memory C hip”, International Journal of Technological Research in Engineering, pp. 1952-1954, Vol. 3, Issue 9, May-2016.
- Sujata Patlure and Rajendra R. Patil , “Coaxial feed MIMO Patch Antenna for Wi-Max Applications”, International Journals of Research in Electronics & Communication Engineering, pp. 1420-1424, Vol. 4, Issue 2, Mar-April 2016.
- Veerbhadra S. Bujurke and Rajendra R. Patil, “PLC and SCADA based Secured Building Management System”, International Journal of Applied Research in Science and Engineering, Vol. 1, Issue 3, July 2016.
- Vinita Patil and Rajendra R. Patil, “Design of High Efficient and High Recognition Rate for Real Time Handwritten Recognition using HMM and ANN Classification”, International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, Vol. 10, No. 24, pp. 389-401, 2017 (SCOPUS Indexed)
- Basanti Ghanti and Rajendra R Patil, “Power Allocation Strategies for Wireless Relay networks with Analog Network Coding: Survey”, International Journal of Future Revolution in Computer Science & Communication Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 3, pp. 110 – 114, March 2018.(UGC listed Journal)
- Basanti Ghanti and Rajendra R Patil “Performance of PNC with Digital Prefilter based Receiver Equalizer”, International Journal of Computer Networks and Wireless Communications (IJCNWC), ISSN: 2250-3501, Vol.8, No.3, May-June 2018
- Basanti Ghanti and Rajendra R Patil, “Iterative Relay Receiver for Physical Layer Network Codes Transmission”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), Volume 5, Issue 7, pp: 496-503, July 2018
Article in Book
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Nanotechnology enabled antenna development: A review” advanced Nano Materials for Industrial Applications, pp. 189-194 (2014), Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd. ISBN: 978-93-82563-34-1.
Conferences / Symposium / Seminar
- Rajendra R. Patil and Sandeep Kulkarni, “Microcontroller based four quadrant operation of DC motor using dual converter” IEEE International conference on recent advancements and applications of computer in electrical engineering (RACE2007), organized by Engineering College, Bikaner, Rajasthan, 24-25, March 2007.
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “A study on Nanotechnology in Antenna Applications” Proceedings of International Conference on Latest Trends in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology” (ICNSNT-2011), organized by Khaja Bandanawaz College of Engineering, Gulbarga (Karnataka), pp. 5-9, 28-29 March 2011.
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Co-planar Proximity Fed Nanofilm Microstrip Antenna: Modeling and Simulation Analysis” IEEE International conference on Circuits, Communication, Control and Computing (I4C2014) Organized by M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore, pp. 399-403, 21-22 November-2014.
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Copper Nanofilm Antenna Design and Development: For X band Wireless Sensor Applications”, International Conference on Recent Cognizance in Wireless Communication & Image Processing (ICRCWIP-2014). Organized by Poornima Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan, pp.263-269, 16-17, Jan. 2015. Proceedings published by S PRINGER, ISBN 978-81-322-2638 -3.
- Rajendra R. Patil “IoT based Temperature Monitoring-A Practical Approach” International Conference on Internet of Things (IConIoT2K7), Organized by Appa Institute of Engineering & Technology, Gulbarga, 28th Feb and 1st March 2017.
- Vanita Kaba and Rajendra R. Patil, “Zadoff Chu Spreading Sequence for 5G Wireless Communications”, First International Conference on Photonics, Signal Processing and Communication Technologies (ICPSPCT-2018), organized by Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore, 18, 19 and 20 July 2018
- Rajendra R. Patil, Pralhad Kulkarni, Renu Kulkarni, Neha Deshpande, Vijaykumar Kanthi, and Dr. Sarvamangala R. Patil, “Biosensors-An interface between biological materials and electronics” National Conference on Advances in Material Science (AMS-2007)”, organized by Gulbarga University, P DA Engg. College Gulbarga, and Basaveshwar Engg. College Bagalkot, 27-28, January 2007.
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Antenna Miniaturization using Epoxy- Ferrite Nanocomposite Material” Proceedings of 1st National Conference on Micro and Nano Fabrication (mnf 2013)”, Central Manufacturing Technology Institute, Bangalore, pp.149-152, 21-23, January 2013.
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Magneto-Dielectric Concepts and Applications in RF Devices”, proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Management (NCETEM-2013), organized by P.E.S. Institute of Technology & Management, Shivamogga, 01-02, March 2013.
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Modeling and Simulation of Nanotechnology based P roximity Fed Patch Antenna” IET (IEEE) Proceedings of National Conference on Challenges in the coming Decades (CRT -2013), organized by Shree Dharmashtala Manjunatheshwara Institute of Technology, Ujire, E-ISBN:978-1-84919 -868-4, DOI-10.1049/cp.2013.2506, pp. 2.18, 27-28, Sept. 2013
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Modeling and Simulation of Micron Size Aperture Coupled Microstrip Patch Antenna for Terahertz Applications”, proceedings of 7th IETE Conference on RF & Wireless (Icon RFW-14), organized by HKBK College of Engineering, Bangalore, 08-10, May. 2014.
- Rajendra R. Patil, Vani R.M and P.V. Hunagund, “Carbon Nanotube Concepts and Applications in Antenna Development” proceedings of National Conference on Advances in Wireless Sensor Network and its Applications (NCAWSNA -2014), organized by Shankarrao Mohite Mahavidyalaya, Akluj, Maharashtra, 12-13, December. 2014.
- Vanita Kaba and Rajendra R. Patil, “Performance Analysis of NOMA and TDMA under Channel State Information” proceedings of National Conference on Electronics, Signals and Communication (NCESC-2017), organized by GSSS Institute of Engg. & Technology for Women, Mysuru, 29, May 2017.
- Lakshmi N M, Chandana M S, Ishwarya P, Nagaruru Meena and Rajendra R Patil, “IoT based Smart Mirror using Raspberry Pi”, proceedings of National Conference on Electronics, Signals, & Communication (NCESC-2018), organized by GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women, Mysuru, 17, May 2018.
- Supritha S B, Sushmitha P C, Ujwala Kini H, Vidya M, and Dr. Rajendra R Patil, “Wireless Power Transfer by High Frequency Resonating Coils and MOSFET”, proceedings of National Conference on Electronics, Signals, & Communication (NCESC-2018), organized by GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women, Mysuru, 17, May 2018.
- Mission10X: One week Faculty Empowerment workshop in association with WIP RO TECHNOLOGIES, Bangalore, at APPA IET, Gulbarga on 20-24, June 2011.
- Mission10X advanced workshop for Faculty, in association with WIPRO TEC HNOLOGIES, Bangalore, at APPA IET, Gulbarga on 21, Sept. 2011.
- Mission10X Aarambh for 0-1 year experienced faculty members, in association with WIP RO TECHNOLOGIES, Bangalore at APPA IET, Gulbarga launched on 12, April 2012.
- One week VTU-VGST F DP on “Recent trends in VLS I design and embedded systems” at APPA Institute of Engineering and Technology, Gulbarga on 5-8, May 2014.
- 3-days workshop on “Open Source Embedded Systems” for 4th semester ECE students at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, on 8th-10th, Feb. 2018
Participation in One Week FDP Program
- Participated in a six-day workshop on “Effective teaching”, conducted by SNIST Hyderabad and JPNCE Mahaboobagar, AP, on 23-25 Dec 2006 & 6-8, Jan 2007.
- Mission10X work shop on “High Impact Teaching Skills”, conducted by Wipro Technology at PDA Engineering College, Gulbarga, 9-13, Feb. 2009.
- VTU-VGS T FDP program on “ Micro and Nanoelectronics (MAN) 2013-14”, 6-9, August 2013, at Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Bidar.
- State Level FDP on “Effective Teaching, Learning and Research Skills towards Global Standards in Higher Education”, from 4-9, Jan. 2015, at Appa IET, Kalaburagi.
- State Level F DP on “Emerging trends in teaching, learning and research”, from 4- 9, Jan. 2016, at Appa IET, Kalaburagi.
- State Level FDP on ““Effective Teaching, Learning and Research Skills towards Global Standards in Higher Education”, from 19-24, July 2016, at Appa IET, Kalaburagi.
Workshops, seminars and short term courses attended
- Participated in a 3-day short term course on “Mathematical Perspectives in signals & systems-Math PersISS 07”, conducted by RGMCET Nandyal, SNIST Hyderabad and JPNCE Mahaboobagar on 12-14, Feb. 2007.
- Short term training on “Microcontrollers and HDL Lab”, organized by RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore, 30-1, Jan. 2008.
- One day seminar on “Nano Science and Technology-Curriculum Development”, organized by Dept. of Material Science, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, 11 April 2008.
- Standards (BITES)–INTEL on 21 March 2009 at P ESIT, Bangalore.
- Three day workshop on “Document Preparation for Research Publications”, on 2-4, April 2010 at PDA Engg. College, Gulbarga.
- One day national symposium on “Advances in Material Science”, organized by Dept. of Material Science, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga on 26 April 2011.
- UGC sponsored three day training on “Embedded Controllers and Applications”, organized by USIC and Applied Electronics Dept., Gulbarga University on 29-31, March 2012.
- Three day “CO MSOL Conference 2012”, held on 2-3, Nov. 2012 at Bangalore.
- First International Workshop on “Green Nanotechnology-2012” held on 26-27 Nov. 2012 at Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
- Two days KSTA Regional Conference on “Science & Technology for Development” organized by School of Earth Sciences, Central University of Karnataka, Kalaburagi on 30-31, January 2014.
- Two days national level workshop on “Research Methodology”, on 23-24, Aug. 2014, organized by E&CE Dept., Appa IET, Gulbarga.
- Three day “IEEE Workshop on Nanotechnology and Sensors”, held at CeNSE, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore on 26 -27, Sept. 2014.
Invited Lectures / Speakers
- Invited as a resource person for the UGC sponsored 3-day workshop on “Emerging Trends in Advance Microcontroller and its Applications”, on 29-31, August 2013, organized by Dept. of Electronics, Karnataka Arts, Science and Commerce College, Bidar.
- Invited as a resource person for IETE sponsored one week FDP. Delivered a talk on” Open Source Hardware Platform”, during 19-24, July 2016, organized at Appa Institute o f Engg. & Technology, Gulbarga.
- Invited Speaker to Nano-Sensors, Nano-Actuators and Nano-Probes at “The 7th Annual World Congress of Nano Science & Technology-2017 (Nano S&T-2017)”, to be held in Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, Japan, October 24-26, 2017.
- Invited as a resource person to conduct one day workshop on “Antenna Design using Simulator”, organized at SDMIT, Ujire on 23 August 2017.
Presently 8 students registered for Ph.D in VTU under my Guidance
- “Design and Development of Metamaterial based Microstrip Patch Antenna for Wireless Applications” – Harshavardhan Reddy,
- “Design and development of Compact Planar Inverted-F Antenna (PIFA) for Wireless Applications” – Sunil Jagannath
- “Optimization of Energy and Spectral Efficiency for 5G Wireless Applications” Vanita
- “Design and Implementation of MIMO Antenna for Wireless Communication” – Revati C G
- “Design and Development of Patch Antenna for UWB Applications”– Natraj Hulsure
- “Digital System Design using Reversible Logic”– Mahesh H
- “Physical Layer Network Coding” – Basanti Ghanti
- “Handwriting Recognition using Hybrid Model: HMM and Neural Network – Vinita Patil
Funds /Grants Awa rded:
- Rupees Two Lacs from Vision Group on Science & Technology, Govt. of Karnataka to conduct 4-days VTU-VGST FDP on “Recent Trends in VLSI Design and Embedded Systems” from 5th May to 8th May 2014, organized at Dept .of E&CE, Appa Institute of Engg. & Technology, Kalaburagi.
- Projects Guide d to M. Tech (Dig ital Electronics) Final year students from 2011 to 2017 : 18
- In the areas of antennas, image processing, digital electronics, embedded systems, IoT and PLC.
Other Work Experience :
- PG/UG coordinator
- Research Center Coordinator
- Represented Principal for AICTE, VTU and DTE meetings.
- Worked as Chief Superintendent/DCS of VTU exams.
- Member of BoE, EC/TC Board,
- Visvesvaraya Technological University for the academic year 2018-19
- IEEE - Membership No: 850123845SM
- IAENG - Membership No: 197723.
- IAOE - Membership No: 10009
- IERD - Membership No: SNM10100059186
- ISA - Membership No: 33710847
Contact details :
Department of ECE,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women, Mysuru
My Vision :
To strengthen and impart quality technical education, fill the academia and industry gap, motivate the students into research.