Faculty Name : Gururaj K S
Department : Computer Science and Engineering
Dept of Computer Science and Engineering
Educational Qualification :
- Pursuing Ph.D at Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi , Jan 2015
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi, 2010.
- B.E in Computer Science & Engineering, Karnatak University, Dharwad, 2002.
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth : 19th October, 1979
- Hobbies :Music, Cricket and Trekking.
- Languages Known : English, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu and Tamil.
Research Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D from VTU, Belagavi. Completed Course Work.
- Guide: Dr. K Thippeswamy, Professor, Dept of CSE, VTU RO, Mysuru.
Professional Details :
- Worked as Associate Professor, Dept of ISE, Since July 2013.
- Worked as Associate Professor and PG Coordinator, Dept of CSE, July 2013 to August 2015.
- Working as Associate Professor and HOD, Dept of ISE from July 2013 to Aug 2015.
- Worked as Lecturer at STJIT, Ranebennur, August 2006 to December 2011.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at STJIT, Ranebennur, January 2012 to June 2013.
- Worked as Lecturer at SRCJC, Sandur, August 2002 to July 2006.
- Worked as Trainer at Professional Computers, Hospet, August 2001 to July 2002.
- “Storage Security on Cloud”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Research and Management (DELTA NCETERM - 2016), at GMIT, Davangere on 23rd and 24th September 2016.
- “A Novel Approach for Aggregate Queries to manage Big Data”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Research and Management (DELTA NCETERM - 2016) , at GMIT, Davangere on 23rd and 24th September 2016.
- “Survey on an Efficient Recommendation System for Public Domain Services using Association Rule Mining”, National Conference “RISE 2015 (Recent Innovations in Science & Engineering on 2nd May 2015, at PESIT, South campus, Bangalore.
- “Design and Implementation of Online Voting System for general election”, National Conference “RISE 2015 (Recent Innovations in Science & Engineering on 2nd May 2015, at PESIT, South campus, Bangalore
Academic Activities :
- Worked as Evaluator/Moderator in VTU Valuations for both PG/UG, 2007 till date.
- Worked as External/Internal DCS for VTU Theory Exams from 2007 till date.
- Worked as Examiner for Lab and Project Exams of VTU.
- Worked as PG Coordinator at STJIT, Ranebennur, June 2012 to June 2013
- Working as PG Coordinator at GSSSIETW,Mysuru, July 2013 to till date.
- Worked as TTO, Association Coordinator, Test Coordinator, ISTE Coordiantor, Placement Coordinator, Project Coordinator while I was working at STJIT, Ranebennur, August 2006 to June 2013.
- Guided around 25 UG Projects as project guide and Technical Seminars.
- Coordinator for KEONICS Android Training.
- Worked as Question Paper setter for PES College of Engineering, Mandya.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended FDP on “Teaching Skills for Technical Teachers” at BVBCET,Hubli, 7th October 2006.
- Attended Conference on “Recent Trends in Cryptography” at BIET, Davanagere, 1st April and 2nd April 2009.
- Workshop on Computer Graphics and Visualization at BVBCET, Hubli, 25th February 2009.
- Workshop on Linux Internals and Device Driver Programming at GIT, Belagavi, 27th November 2007.
- Workshop on Human Computer Interface at VTU Regional Office, Mysuru, 18th to 21st April 2014.
- Workshop on Intel Atom Processor at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2nd to 4th April 2014.
- Conducted various Technical Seminars and Workshops as Assocition coordinator at STJIT, Ranebennur during Academic Year 2008 to 2010.
- Attended FDP on “Big Data Analytics” at MSRIT, Bangalore, 4th June 2015 to 6th June 2015.
- Attended the FDP on “ NBA Accreditation” at GSSSIETW, Mysore, 21st July 2015 to 23rd July 2015.
- Attend Seminar on “Technical Advances in M-Health and Diagnosis of Diseases using Retinal Imaging” at SJCE, Mysore, 25th January 2016.
- Attended Two day FDP on “Wireless Sensor Networks and IoT” at GSSSIETW, Mysore, 27th and 28th January 2016.
Administrative Activities :
- Working as NBA Coordinator for Dept of ISE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Coordinated the ISTE Chapter activities at STJIT, Ranebennur from 2009 to 2010 .
- Coordinated the POLICE, Banking and Postal Dept Exams at STJIT, Ranebennur.
- Worked as Incharge HOD at STJIT, Ranebennur 2011 to 2013.
- Involved in setting up Microprocessor Lab and Web Lab at STJIT, Ranebennur.
- Worked as coordinator for graphics committee during Geethayaana 2014.
- Worked as Chief coordinator for COMEDK 2015.
- Worked as Chief Superintendent for BESCOM-CAT 2015.
- Worked as Deputy Chief Superintendent for KPSC-SDA 2015 Exams.
- Worked as Chief Coordinator for CSI Student Convention 2015, 11th and 12th September 2015.
- Worked as Invigilator for COMEDK 2016.
Professional Membership :
- LMISTE (LM 81374)
- LM CSI( I1502744)
Awards Received :
- Mission 10x Certified High Impact Teaching Skills Award
Contact Details :
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 204)
My Vision :
To earn my doctorate degree and contribute to the overall development of self and organization.