Dr. Shivakumar. M
Engineering is the application of science, mathematics, empirical evidence and practical knowledge to design evaluate, develop, test, modify, install, inspect and maintain a wide variety of products and system. The discipline of engineering encompasses a range of more specialized fields of engineering, each with more specific emphasis on particular areas of applied mathematics, applied science and types of application. It is the activity of teaching knowledge and principles to the professional practice of engineering. Innovative impacting practices will be a strong value that distinguishes engineering education from other fields.
Supporting and investing in engineering education is essential for the improvement of society. The education and training of future engineers is necessary to develop innovative solutions to these challenges and to improve the quality of life.
Empowerment of women would mean encouraging women to be self-reliant, economically independent, have positive self-esteem, generate confidence to face any difficulty. The active participation of women in various socio-political development endeavors in improving the quality of life for their families and communities. GSSSIETW strives continuously for the same which was initiated by late Smt. Rukmini Bai Pandit and was carried forward by late Prof. B.S.Pandit by starting this first women's engineering college in Karnataka. The price of success is visible through their hard work, dedication, and the determination applied at its best.
GSSSIETW faculty and staff are committed to help the students to realize their dreams. Through exciting learning experiences inside and outside of the classroom, students can dig deeper and go beyond the norms. This process integrates the strengths of faculty and staff involved in research, graduate education and various initiatives to engage communities through extensive academic facilities.
Educational Details :
- Ph.D. in Electronics, University of Mysore, 2011.
- Master of Technology, Biomedical Instrumentation, SJCE, Mysore, 1998.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Instrumentation Technology, SJCE, Mysore, 1993.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 20/07/1970
- Hobbies : Reading Books, Listening to music and Watching Cricket matches
- Languages Known : English, Kannada, and Hindi
- Mrs. Manjula, G, Associate Professor in ECE Dept. at GSSSIETW, Mysore has successfully completed the Ph. D. under the topic “Identification of the features of stuttering through automatic speech recognition and its validation” in the ECE Research Center of VTU, Belgaum at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Mr. Gavisiddappa, Associate Professor in ECE Dept. at CIT, Gubbi has successfully completed the Ph.D under the topic “An approach to integration of multiple cues in biometric to improve the accuracy of system”, in the EIE Research Center of VTU, Belgaum at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Mrs.Latha M, Assistant Professor, Dept of TE, GSSSIETW, Mysore is pursing under the topic “An approach for characterization and recognization of Dysarthric speech”, in the ECE Research Center of VTU, Belgaum at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Mr. M .V. Sreenivas Rao, Associate Professor, Dept of EIE, GSSSIETW, Mysore is pursuing Ph.D under the topic “Analysis of Battery packs and development of autonomous recharging for mobile robots”, in the EIE Research Center of VTU, Belgaum at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Mr.Basavanna.M, Asst Professor, Dept of EIE, GSSSIETW Mysuru, is pursuing Ph.D under the topic “An approach for Dynamic Obstacle Avoidance in Mobile Robots Using Electrosensosrs”in the EIE Research Center of VTU,Belgaum at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Mrs.Arpitha Shankar.S.I, Assistant Professor, Dept of TE,GSSSIETW Mysuru is pursuing Ph.D under the topic “An approach for cooperation explorartion using multiple robots ”in the ECE Research Center of VTU,Belgaum at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Mr.Theerthaprasad, is pursuing Ph.D under the topic “An approach for image based obstacle avoidance and WSN based path planning in mobile robots””in the EIE Research Center of VTU,Belgaum at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Mr.Raghunandan.B, is pursuing Ph.D under the topic “Detection of Anticulation Rate in adults with stuttering and its validation “in the ECE Research Center of VTU,Belgaum at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
Professional Experience :
- Working as Principal, GSSSIETW, Mysuru since 19-01-2018.
- Worked as Program Coordinator (Principal Investigator) for the VGST sanctioned project grant of Rs. 30 Lakhs for “Establishment of Innovative Robotic Awareness Lab” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from March 2013 to September 2017.
- Technical committee member of Abdul Nazeer Sab State Institute of Rural Development, Mysore since 2014.
- Technical advisory committee member of SVYASA University, Bangalore since 2013.
- Worked as Dean (Academics), GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 16-10-2017 to 18-01-2018.
- Worked as Professor & Head, Dept. of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation Technology, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 24-07-2015.
- Worked as PG Coordinator, M.Tech in Digital Communication & Networking, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from September 2013 to July 2015.
- Worked as Professor & Head, Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 10-02-2012 to 24-07-2015.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at BIET, Davangere from 01-08-2007 to 08-02-2012
- Worked as Lecturer at BIET, Davangere from 27-09-1996 to 31-07-20007.
- Worked as subject expert for the subject “8086 Microprocessor and Peripherals” in the VTU - Edusat Programme series-13 which was carried out from 16-08-2010 to 20-11-2010.
- Worked as Co-Investigator for the L.S.R.B (D.R.D.O) project titled “To Design and develop a Programmable FES system to rehabilitate Foot Drop Patients” during 2006-2008.
- Member of the staff project titled “Design and Development of an Equipment to measure the handle of apparel fabrics” sanctioned to Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davangere by Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology, Bangalore in 2000.
Publication Details :
- M.Latha, Dr.M.Shivakumar and Dr.R.Manjula, “An Approach for Computing Acoustic Coefficients of Dysarthric Speech in Kannada Language,”Solid State Technology(SST), vol. 63, no. 2s, pp.10216-10223, December 2020. Available: http://solidstatetechnology.us/index.php/JSST/article/view/6950.
- M.V.Sreenivas Rao andDr. M. Shivakumar, “IR Based Auto-Recharging System for Autonomous Mobile Robot,” Journal of Robotics and Control (JRC), vol.2, no. 4, pp.244-251, November 2020. Available:https://journal.umy.ac.id/index.php/jrc/article/view/9227.
- M.Basavanna and Dr.M.Shivakumar, “Mapping of an Unknown Indoor Environment Using 2D-Lidarand ROS for Mobile Robot Navigation,” International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 14723 –14729, September 2020. Available :http://sersc.org/journals/index.php/IJAST/article/download/31959/17729.
- M.Latha , Dr.M.Shivakumar, Dr.R.Manjula and Dr.G.Hemakumar , “ Assessment of Vocal Features in Subjects with Dysarthria using Kannada Language Syllable,” International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology, vol. 11, no. 8, pp.677-686 , August 2020. Availble:10.34218/IJARET.11.8.2020.066.
- S.I.Arpitha Shankar andDr. M. Shivakumar, "A Survey on Frontier based Strategies for Multi Robot Exploration,” International Research Journal of Engineering And Technology(IRJET),vol.7,pp.532-538,June2020. Available: https://www.irjet.net/archives/V7/i6/ICRTST-2020/IRJET-V7I674.pdf.
- M.Latha , Dr.M.Shivakumar and Dr.R.Manjula, “A Phonetic Level Analysis of Dysarthria in Kannada Language,”International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE),vol.9,no. 1, pp. 1235-1241 , May 2020. Available: https://www.ijrte.org/wp-content/uploads/papers/v9i1/A1524059120.pdf.
- M.Latha, Dr.M.Shivakumar and Dr.R.Manjula, “Performance analysis of Kannada Phonetics-Vowels, Fricatives and Stop Consonants using LP Spectrum,”SN Computer Science, Springer Nature journal, pp.1-8 , March 2020. Available: https://doi.org/10.1007/s42979-020-0088-7.
- Gavisiddappa,Dr. M. Shivakumar andDr. Chandrashekar M patil,“Multimodal Biometric Authentication System Using Modified Relief Feature Selection and Multi Support Vector Machine,”International Journal of Intelligent Engineering and Systems, vol.13, no. 1, pp.1-12, February 2020. Available:https://doi.org/10.22266/ijies2020.0229.01.
- M.Basavanna and Dr. M.Shivakumar, “An Overview of path planning and Obstacle Avoidance algorithms in Mobile robots”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 478-482, December-2019. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.17577/IJERTV8IS12025
- M.V.Sreenivas Rao and Dr. M. Shivakumar, published paper entitled “Sensor Guided Docking of Autonomous Mobile Robot for Battery Recharging” in International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE)’, ISSN: 2277-3878 (Online), Volume-8 Issue-4, November 2019. Page No.: 3812-3815.
- M.V.Sreenivas Rao and Dr. M. Shivakumar, published paper entitled “PLX-DAQ Based Wireless Monitoring Of Current And Voltage Of Lead Acid Battery of an Obstacle Avoidance Robot”, in Springer Lecture notes in Electrical Engineering, 581 on September 2019 with doi https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9419-5_12
- Gavisiddappa, Dr.M.Shivakumar, Dr.chandrashekar M patil, Pramod Kumar S,” Multimodal biometric authentication system using modified relief feature selection and multi support vector machine”, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications,Volume 10 Issue 6 June 2019 with doi 10.14569/IJACSA.2019.0100669
- Gavisiddappa, Dr.M. Shivakumar, and Dr. Chandrashekar M. Patil, “Face, Finger Print and Iris Biological Characters Using Feature Level Fusion Based Multimodal Biometric Systems,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, Vol. 15, pp. 2939–2948, 2018
- M.V.Sreenivas Rao, Dr. M. Shivakumar “Overview of Battery Monitoring and Recharging of Autonomous Mobile Robot”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, ISSN: 2321-8169, Volume: 6 Issue: 5 174 – 179, May 2018.
- Latha M, M Shivakumar, Manjula.R “A Study of Acoustic Characteristics, Prosodic and Distinctive Features of Dysarthric Speech “,GRENZE International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering (GIJCTE), Special issue, Mcgrawhill Edition, Grenze Scientific Society 2017, ISSN: 2455-1694, Volume 3,Issue 4, pp 228-235.
- G. Manjula ,Dr.M.Shivakumar, Dr. Y. V. Geetha, “Identification and Validation of Repetitions/Prolongations in Stuttering Speech using Epoch Features ” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973 -4562, Volume 12, Number 22, pp. 11976-11980, 2017.
- Manjula.G, Dr. M.Shivakumar, Dr. Y.V.Geetha, “Automatic Recognition of Stuttering speech using ANN and HMM” Journal of Innovation in Computer science and Engineering, pp. 16-20, Vol. 6, June 2017.
- Gavisiddappa, Dr. M Shivakumar, Dr. Chandrashekar M Patil, “An Investigation towards Effectiveness of Present State of Biometric-Based Authentication System,” International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation, Vol. 4, Issue 7, July 2017.
- M. V. Sreenivas Rao, Dr.M Shivakumar, ” Drawing Robot using Firebird V”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 12,December 2016.
- Amrutha R, Lalitha K, Dr M Shivakumar, Stafford Michahial, “Feature Extraction of Speech Signal using LPC”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 12, December 2016.
- Nagesh MS, Deepika T V, Stafford Michahial1, Dr M Shivakumar, ” Fire Extinguishing Robot”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 12, December 2016.
- Pavithra S, Mahanthesh U, Stafford Michahial, Dr. M Shivakumar, ” Human Motion Detection and Tracking for Real-Time Security System”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 12, December 2016.
- Lalitha K, Amrutha R, Stafford Michahial, Dr M Shivakumar, ” Implementation of Watershed Segmentation”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 12, December 2016.
- Deepika T.V, Stafford Michahial, Dr M Shivakumar, “Object Recognition using Still Image”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 12, December 2016.
- Basavanna M, Dr M Shivakumar, Stafford Michahial, “Path Planning for Autonomous Robot using Fuzzy Logic”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 12, December 2016.
- M V Sreenivas Rao, Dr.M.Shivakumar, “Development of Effective Docking for Autonomous Mobile Robot,” International Journal of Engineering Research in Computer Science and Engineering (IJERCSE), Vol 3, Issue 5, pp. 6-72, May 2016.
- Basavanna.M , Dr.M.Shivakumar, “Optimal Path Planning in Autonomous Robots using Genetic algorithm,” International Journal of Engineering Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IJEREEE), Vol 2, Issue 5, pp. 34-37, May 2016.
- G.Manjula, Dr.M.Shivakumar, “Automatic Recognition for instances of Repetitions in Stuttered Speech using Sequence Training Algorithm,” International Journal of Engineering Research in Electronic and Communication Engineering (IJERECE), Vol 3, Issue 5, pp. 455-460, May 2016.
- Sowjanya M N, Amrutha R, Avikumar R, Dr. M.Shivakumar, “EEG based focus estimation for safety driving using Bluetooth,” International Journal of Engineering Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IJEREEE), Vol 2, Issue 5, pp. 18-23, May 2016
- Mr. Stafford Michahial, Mr. Basavanna M, Dr. M.Shivakumar, “Two Wheeled Balancing Autonomous Robot,” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Volume 4, Issue 11, pp 119-122, November 2015.
- Dr. M.Shivakumar, Stafford Mchahial, Chethana M.R, Lavanya, Ameen Kubra, Harshitha.K, “EEG Signal Classification and Speech Synthesizer for Disables,” Indian Journal of Applied Research, Volume 5, Issue 7, pp.169-172 , July 2015.
- Dr. M. Shivakumar, M.V.Sreenivas Rao, Stafford Michahail, “Reactive Navigation of Multiple Moving Agents in Room Environment,” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp. 501-505, June 2015.
- G.Manjula, Dr. M. Shivakumar, Basavanna.M, “Speaker Recognition using Cepstral Analysis,” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp. 90-96, August 2015.
- G. Manjula, Dr. M. Shivakumar, “Stuttered Speech Recognition for Robotic Control,” International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology, Volume 3, Issue 12, pp. 174-177, June 2014.
- Yashaswini Mahesh, Dr. M. Shivakumar, Dr. H.S.Mohana, “Classification Of Human Actions Using Non-Linear SVM by Extracting Spatio Temporal HOG features with Custom Dataset,” International Journal of Research In Science & Engineering, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp. 193-198, 2014.
- Rajithkumar B K, Dr. H.S. Mohana, Dr. M.Shivakumar, Dr. K. C. Ravishankar, “Template Matching Method for Recognition of Stone Inscripted Kannada Characters of Different Time Frames based on Correlation Analysis,” International Journal of Computer and Electronics Research, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp 127-132,June 2014.
- Dr. M.Shivakumar, Stafford Michahail, “Robotic 2D Plotter,” International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 10, pp. 300-303, April 2014.
- M.Shivakumar, Dr.M.Sukumar, “Estimation of 2D Field in Quadriceps Femoris Muscle Region in the course of FES,” International Journal Of Computer Applications In Engineering, Technology And Sciences, Vol. 2, pp.233-235, 2009.
- M.Shivakumar, Dr.M.Sukumar, “Programmable FES system for Foot Drop patients,” Emerging Journal on Engineering, Science and Technology, Vol. 3, pp.23-29, 2009.
- G. Manjula, Dr. M. Shivakumar, Dr. Y.V.Geetha, “Automatic Recognition of Prolongations and Repetitions in Stuttering Speech using ANN” Journal of the Instrument Society of India, Vol. 46, No. 3 pp. 122-126, 2016.
- Latha M, Dr Shivakumar M, Dr Manjula R “Performance analysis of Kannada Phonetics-Vowels, Fricatives and Stop Consonants using LP Spectrum” in Proceedings of Springer International Conference on Adaptive Computational Intelligence ICACI-2019,GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women, Mysuru, pp 105 – 117, July 2019.
- G. Manjula, Dr.M.Shivakumar, Dr. Y. V. Geetha, “Adaptive Optimization Based Neural Network for Classification of Stuttered Speech”, 4th International Conference on Multimedia and Image Processing (ICMIP-2019) from 19th – 21st Jan 2019 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- M.V.Sreenivas Rao, M. Shivakumar, “PLX-DAQ Based Wireless Monitoring Of Current And Voltage Of Lead Acid Battery of an Obstacle Avoidance Robot”, Springer 15th Control Instrumentation System Conference (CISCON-2018), at Manipal Institute of Higher education, Manipal, 26 - 27 October 2018.
- Latha M , Dr M Shivakumar, Dr. Manjula, “A Study of Acoustic Characteristics , Prosodic and Distinctive Features of Dysarthric Speech,” International conference on Signal, Image Processing, Communication & Automation (ICSIPCA-2017, JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bengaluru, pp. 281-287, July 2017.
- G. Manjula, Dr. M. Shivakumar, “Development of a Recording Protocol for the Assessment of Speech Disorders,” International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT-2016), GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women, pp. 92-195, December 2016.
- G.Manjula, Dr.M.Shivakumar, “Overview of Analysis and Classification of Stuttered Speech,” International Conference on Electrical, Electronics,Computer Science, Mathematics, Physical Education and Management (ICEECMPE), Hyderabad, pp. 46-52, May 2016.
- Yashaswini Mahesh, Dr. M. Shivakumar, Dr. H.S.Mohana, “Classification of Human Actions using ANN and SVM by Spatio temporal HOG features,” Second International Conference on Networking, Information & Communication-2015 (ICNIC-2015) , Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Bengaluru, pp. 35, May 2015.
- M.Shivakumar, Dr.M.Sukumar “Multi Channel Programmable Neuro-Muscular Stimulator” International Conference on Signal Processing, Communications and Networking, Madras Institute of Technology Campus, Anna University, Chromepet, Chennai, pp.759-761, January 4-6,2008.
- M.Shivakumar, Dr.M.Sukumar, “Automated Detection and Classification of Cerebral Palsy Gait using Support Vector Machines” International Conference on Modeling and Simulation 2007 University of Calcutta, Calcutta, pp.476-478, Dec 3-5, 2007.
- Dr. H.L.Vijayakumar, K.B.Ravindra, M.Shiva Kumar, “ Study of Fabric Hand of PC / PV fabrics using Low cost Fabrofeel Equipment” International Conference on Instrumentation, Pune Institute of Technology., Pune, India, December 19-21, 2004.
National Conference / Symposium
- Shanmugapriya.S, Dr.M.Shivakumar, “Context Based Route Model for Policy Based Routing in WSN using SDN Approach,” National Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronics And Communication, BGSIT, BG Nagar, May 5, 2015.
- M.Shivakumar, Dr.M.Sukumar,Dr.N.P.Nataraja “ Acquisition of Voice signal using Ultrasound Glottography” 13th National Symposium on Ultrasonics, Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, India, December 21-23, 2004.
- M.S.Mallikarjuna Swamy, Siddesh Pujar, K.R.Sowmya, M.ShivaKumar, Mallikarjun S.Holi and M.S.Hremat “Acquisition, Transmission and Display of Heart Beats through Telephone Line” National Conference on Trends in Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, India, February 5-6,2004.
- Mallikarjun Muttad , M.Shivakumar , K.Anantha, G.M.Gurumurthy, V.S.Leena, R.K.Roopa and M.S.Holi “Quantitative Assessment of Hand Strength in Normal and Diseased Subjects by Power Spectrum Analysis of EMG Signal” 24th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists, Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, Delhi, India, Novenber 1-4, 2003.
Administrative Activities :
- Currently Working as Principal GSSSIETW, Mysore from January 2018.
- Worked as Professor & Head, Dept. of Instrumentation Technology, GSSSIETW, Mysore from February 2012 to December 2017.
- Worked as PG Coordinator for the M.Tech Program in “Digital Communication and Networking” at GSSSIETW, Mysore from September 2013 to July 2015.
- Head of the Department, Instrumentation Technology, BIET, Davangere, June 1999 to October 1999 and October 2001 to February 2004.
- Co-Editor of B.I.E.T magazine “Technowave- 17 and 18.
- Worked as Faculty Advisor of I.S.T.E Students Chapter at BIET, Davangere from 1999 to 2001.
- Worked as Deputy Chief Superintendent for COMDE-K examinations in the year 2014.
- Worked as Chief Superintendent for VTU examinations at GSSSIETW, Mysore
Academic Activities :
- Working as reviewer for IET (The Institution of Engineering and Technology) Biometric Journal.
- Worked as Ph.D thesis examiner for Jain University and S-VYASA.
- Worked as a chairperson in the International conference on Signal Processing, Communication and Computational Research (ICSPCCR -16) held at Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering and Technology, Mysuru on 18th May 2016.
- Dr.M.Shivakumar worked as a chairperson in the “Assistive Technology Hackathon,” held on 24-09-2016 organized by department of Electronics, AIISH in collaboration with IEEE special interest group on communication disability at All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysuru.
- Working as B.O.E chairman of EI/IT/BM/ML Board of VTU, Belagavi for the year 2017-18.
- Worked as B.O.E chairman of EI/IT/BM/ML Board of VTU, Belagavi for the year 2015-16.
- Worked as B.O.E member of EI/IT/BM/ML Board of VTU, Belagavi for the year 2012-13.
- Worked as B.O.E member of Kuvempu university in 2002, VTU in 2010 and 2012, Davangere University in 2010, Malnad College of Engineering (Autonomous) since 2008 to 2017 and SJCE, Mysore (Autonomous) from 2013.
- Working as BOS member of EI/IT/BM/ML Board of VTU, Belagavi since 2017.
- Working as BOS member of EI / IT board of MCE, Hassan since 2015.
- Working as Paper setter and examiner for VTU, University of Mysore, Kuvempu Univeristy, Davangere university, Gulbarga University and autonomous institutions namely MCE, Hassan since 2009 and Basaveshwara College of Engineering (Bagalkot) since 2009.
- Worked as external examiners for M.Tech Project Viva-Voce of VTU,Belgaum since 2012 and SJCE (autonomous), Mysore since 2009.
- Delivered an invited talk on “Wireless Body Area Network for Ambulatory HealthMonitoring” in the VTU-VGST Faculty Development Program at UBDTCE, Davanagere on 24-7-2014.
- Worked as a chairperson in the International conference on Current Trends in Engineering & Management (ICCTEM 2014) held at Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Gokulam III stage, Mysore on 17,18 & 19th of July 2014.
- Worked as Chairperson in the National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Electronics and Communication “ held on 04-04-2014 at BGSIT, BG Nagar.
- Worked as Chairperson in the National Level Technical Symposium held on 31-03-2011 at Channabasaveshwara Institute of Technology, Gubbi.
Faculty development activities :
- Dr. M. Shivakumar, M. V. Sreenivas Rao, Stafford Michahial and Basavanna M, Completed task based training “TBT-2016” conducted by e-yantra, IIT Bombay in July 2016.
- Worked as the Conference Convener of “Power Systems & Industrial Automation” (NCPSIA-2015) organized at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 22nd August 2015.
- Worked as the Conference Convener of “NCESCO-2015” organized at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 9th July 2015.
- Worked as Chief coordinator for Faculty Development Program on “Embedded System Design using MSP 430” held at GSSSIETW, Mysore on 20th & 21st September 2014.
- Worked as Co-Ordinator for the VTU-VGST Sponsored Faculty Development Program on” Recent Advances in Medical Imaging Techniques” held at GSSSIETW, Mysore from 26-03-2012 to 30-03-2012.
- Worked as Co-Coordinator for Two Week Short Term Training Program on “Recent Trends in Biomedical Engineering – Theory and Practice” which was held during 29-07-2002 to 09-08-2002 at Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davangere.
- Arranged Technical Talk on “Embedded Systems Design using SOC (MSP 430)” by Mr.Gurjeet Singh, Managing Director, Gill Instruments, Bangalore on 19th September 2014.
- Arranged Technical Talk on “Power Optimization for Smart Devices” by Mr. Praveen B.P, Principal Engineer, Samsung R&D Institute India, Bangalore on 6th September 2014.
- Arranged Technical Talk on “Smart Objects and Internet of Things” by Mr.Sandeep Rao, Technical Leader, Security Technology Group, CISCO Systems, Bangalore on 21st February 2014
- Arranged Technical Talk on “Cloud Computing” by Mr.Rajeev Raghunath, President and CEO, Kramah Software India Pvt.Ltd, Bangalore on 7th November 2013.
- Arranged Technical Talk on “Robotics and its Applications” by Mr.Nagendra R.Setty, Founder, Ideas Unlimited, Mysore on 29th April 2013.
- Arranged Technical Talk on “ Communication Technologies for the benefit of persons with Communication Disorders” by Mr.Ajish K.Abraham, Reader & Head, Department of Electronics, All India Institute of Speech and Hearing(AIISH),Mysore on 8th May 2012.
- Participated in the Teachers Training Programme on “PIC Microcontrollers” held at SIT, Tumkur from February 23-28, 2001.
- Attended the AICTE-ISTE sponsored training programme on “Advances in Biomedical Engineering” held at SJCE, Mysore from September 18-30,2000.
- Participated in the AICTE-ISTE sponsored Summer school on “ Hands on Course on VLSI Design” held at SJCE, Mysore from from August 16-28, 1999.
- Attended the AICTE-ISTE sponsored Summer school on “Product Design” held at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore form March 15-26, 1999.
- Attended the Two-day workshop on “Introduction to Robotics” held at JNNCE, Shimoga from October 22-23, 2013.
- Participated in the workshop on “Training of Evaluator / Resource Persons on Outcome Based Accreditation” held at Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore from July 18-20, 2013.
- Attended one day workshop on “Mechatronics and Microprocessors” held at BIET, Davangere on March 7,2009.
- Participated in the workshop on “Electronics in Industrial Automation” held at SJCE, Mysore from July 16-21,2007.
- Attended one day workshop on “Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation” held at SJCE, Mysore on May 5,2007.
- Participated in the workshop on “Embedded Controllers” held at SJC Institute of Technology, Chickballapur from October 3-5, 2001.
- Senior Member of IEEE (Membership Number: 94989281))
- Life member of Instrument Society of India (MISOI).
- Life Member of Indian Society of Technical Education (LM-18469)
- Life Member of Biomedical Engineering Society of India
- Life member of Ultrasonic Society of India (LM-207)
- Life member of IETE
Books / monograms :
- Authored the CEP course material on “Modern Imaging in Medicine’ and New Trends for Lasers in Engineering and Medicine” which was released in the year 1999 and 2001 respectively at Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davangere.
Awards received :
The project titled “PC based Fabric Handle Analyzer” guided by me secured the Silver Medal instituted by the National Design and Research Forum, a wing of Institution of Engineers, India and Best B.E / B.Tech project award instituted by Regional Engineering College, Calicut in the year 1998.
Contact Details :
Principal & Professor
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06
My Vision :
To strive for academic excellence to impart quality education, establishing center of excellence in the field of robotics and to make significant research contribution.