Faculty Name : Shiva Prasad S
Department : Mechanical
Shiva Prasad S
Dept. of Mechanical,
Education Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D in Metal Matrix Composites, VTU research center, VVIET, Mysore
- Master of Technology in Computer Integrated Manufacturing, PESCE, Mandya,2011
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, VVCE, Mysore ,2007
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 31/10/1984
- Hobbies : Reading books, listening to music.
- Languages Known: English, Kannada, and Hindi
Research Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysore from Aug. 2011 to till date
- Worked as Engineer at Yuken India Limited, Bengaluru, from June 2008 to Mar. 2009
- Worked as Data Analyst at Unilog Content Solution, Mysore from July 2007 to June 2008
- Presented an International Journal on “Manufacturing Techniques of Polymer Matrix Composite” in International Journal for Scientific Research & Development (IJSRD), ISSN (online): 2321-0613, Vol. 5, Issue 07, September 2017,pp 368-372, Impact factor=4.396. UGC Approved Journal.
Academic Activities :
- Coordinated in Two days International Conference on “ICEECCOT” on 15th & 16th December 2017, organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru-16.
- Worked as External Examiner in CIT, Mandya and GMIT Mandya.
- Worked as valuator at university level for the subject of “Elements of Mechanical Engineering”
Faculty Development Activities :
- Participated one day Faculty Development Program on “Collaborative Research and pedagogy” at GSSS Institute of Engg & Technology for women, Mysore, held on 3rd August 2017
- Attended one day Faculty Development Program on “Blooms Taxonomy” for better understanding of the preparation of Question Papers during the course, organizing by ISTE Chapter, GSSSIETW on Monday 11th September 2017.
- Participated 3 day’s FDP program on “Recent Trends in Nanoscience and Technology (RTNST-2017)” held on 12th -14th October 2017. GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Participated 5 day’s FDP Program on “CATIA and its Industrial Applications” held on 22nd-26th January 2018, BGSIT, B G Nagara, Mandya.
- Attended one day FDP on “Research Methodology & Teaching Information Security- An overview” under ISTE forum on 9th June 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended National Seminar on “Advanced Materials for Better Future” on 20th May 2017 at VVIET, Mysuru.
- Attended two day workshop on “Additive Manufacturing” on 12th & 13th April 2017 at ATMCE, Mysuru.
- Attended one day workshop on “Advances in Metrology” on 7th April 2017 at ATMCE, Mysuru.
- Participated in two day FDP on “Industrial Design – Automotive Workflow” during 30th & 31st January 2017, organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, ATMCE, Mysuru.
- Attend three day workshop on “Research methodology and Research Motivational Aspect” in Association with IEEE Bangalore section from 27th to 29th July 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attend one day FDP on “cloud computing and education” under ISTE forum on 20th July 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended one day FDP on “OBE-NBA workshop” on 7th June 2016.
- Participated in the VTU-VGST Faculty Development Program on “RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN CIM & AUTOMATION”, from 8th June to 12th June 2015 at Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering (MITE), Moodabidri.
- Attended Workshop on “Robotics” in 2011 at NIE, Mysuru.
- Attended Workshop on “Composites” in 2013 at NIE, Mysuru.
- Attended Workshop on “Finite Element Method “in 2014 at VVIET, Mysuru.
- Attended Workshop on “Anti Corrosion” in 2014 at Ruchi the Prince, Mysuru.
Administrative Activities :
- Regularly coordinating sports and cultural events towards techno cultural fest, GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Worked as Room Superintend for COMED-K, GATE Examinations.
Awards Received :
- Received awards and certificates for achieving 100% results in Computer Aided Engineering Drawing and Elements of Mechanical Engineering Subject in the academic year 2012–13 and 2013-14.
Contact Details :
Department of Mechanical,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 137)
My Visions :
To continually develop my potential by acquisition of key personal and professional skills required for advancement within organization.