Faculty Name: Y.M.Raghavendra
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Department of ECE,
Educational Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Wireless Sensor Networks, VTU, SJCE Research Centre,Mysuru.
- Master of Technology, VLSI Design & Embedded Systems, SJCE, Mysuru, 2013.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, SJCE, Mysuru, 2007.
- Diploma, Electronics & Communication Engineering, JSSP, Nanjangud, 2012.
Personal Details :
- DOB: 22-09-1980
- Hobbies: Reading books, Watching TV, Listening Music, & Gardening.
- Languages Known: English, Kannada and Telugu.
Professional Experience :
- Assistant Professor, Department of ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, Oct 2013 to till date.
- Foreman, Department of ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, Aug 2007 to Sep 2013.
- Instructor, Department of ECE, GSSSIETW, Oct 2004 to July 2007.
- Production Engineer, Kaynes Technology, Mysuru, Sep 2003 to Aug 2004.
- One Year One Job Trainee L&T, Medical, Mysore
- One Year Apprentice Training in BEL, Bangalore
- Raghavendra Y M and Dr.U.B Mahadeva swamy “Energy efficient routing in wireless sensor network based on mobile sink guided by stochastic hill climbing”, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering 10(6):5965, DOI: 10.11591/ijece.v10i6.pp5965-5973, December 2020.
- Raghavendra Y M and Dr.U.B Mahadeva swamy, “Energy Efficient Routing in Wireless Sensor Network Based on Composite Fuzzy Methods”, Wireless Personal Communications, 114, pages2569–2590, doi.org/10.1007/s11277-020-07490-0, May 2020.
- Raghavendra Y M “Movie Piracy Reduction using Automated Infrared Transmitter screen system And steganography Technique” in the National Conference on Communication and Data Science” (NCCDS-2020) conducted in association with ISTE and publication partners IJERT on 15th July 2020.
- Raghavendra Y M, “Performance evaluation of FSC routing protocol in WSN” National conference on NCESC-18 on 17th May 2018 conducted by GSSSIETW, Mysuru in association with IEEE Bangalore section and IJERT.
- Raghavendra Y M, “Survey on Starter Performance Test bench” National conference on NCESC-18 on 17th May 2018 conducted by GSSSIETW, Mysuru in association with IEEE Bangalore section and IJERT.
- Raghavendra Y M ,“Review of Energy Efficient Routing protocols in WSN” International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science & Technology , Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bengaluru on 5th January 2017.
- Raghavendra Y M ,“Efficient Energy Distribution with Power loss Detection”, International Journal of Advanced And Innovative Research (IJAIR),Volume 05,Issue 11,November 2016,ISSSN:2278-7844.
- Raghavendra.Y.M, presented a paper titled “A survey on energy efficient routing protocols in wireless sensor networks”, International Journal of Advanced and Innovative Research (IJAIR) Volume 5, Issue, 11th November 2016, ISSN: 2278-7844.
- Raghavendra Y M, “An approach for Energy Efficient routing Protocols in wireless sensor Networks”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics and Communication Engineering (NCREC-16), 5th May 2016.
- Raghavendra Y M, ”Analysis of Energy Efficient Routing Protocols in wireless Sensor Networks”, National Conference on Signal Processing, Computing Networks and Power Engineering (SPCN-2016), 21st - 22nd April 2016.
- Raghavendra Y M and Dr.U.B Mahadeva swamy “Wi-Fi Based Real Time Monitoring and Control System Using PLC” International Conference on “INNOVATIONS IN ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION,.ENGINEERING”, 09-10 August 2013, GNIT Hyderabad.
Academic Activities :
- Worked as member in editorial team for International conference on Adaptive Computational Intelligence (ICACI-2020), GSSSIETW on 15th & 16th Dec 2020.
- Worked as member in editorial team for National Conference on Communication and Data Science (NCCDS 2020), GSSSIETW on 15 Jul 2020
- Working as research centre coordinator at Department level.
- Working as IA Coordinator at Department level
- Working as coordinator for Digital Shark technology at department level
- Working as ISTE coordinator at college level.
- Worked as chairman for Squad team for university level examination, 2019.
- Worked as member in Editorial team for National conference proceedings (NCCDS-19).
- Worked as Coordinator for Education Fair organized by Star of Mysore from 8th Feb to 10th Feb 2019.
- Worked as Industrial Visit coordinator at department level from 2017 to 2019.
- Worked as EMS Coordinator, at department level
- Worked as coordinator for PMKVY at department level
- INTEL Intelligence Systems lab coordinator, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as Valuator at university level examinations, 2013 -14, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Guided 1 UG Project, Currently guiding 2 UG projects, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as EMS Coordinator, ECE Dept, 2013-2014, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as Mini Project Coordinator, ECE Dept, CASCADE-2014, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as Examination Coordinator, ECE Dept, 2010-2014, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as Invigilator for NEET-2019, CET-2014, COMED-K-2013, PGCET-2013, PGCET-2012, GATE-2012, GATE-2010, CET 2010, GATE-2009.
- Worked as Invigilator for Railway Recruitment Board in the year 2008 and 2009.
Faculty development Activities :
- Participated & completed successfully AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on “Artificial Intelligence" from 4th - 8th January, 2021 at GSSSIETW.
- Participated & completed successfully AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on "Sensors Technology" from 7th to 11th December 2020 at Thiagarajar Polytechnic College.
- Organized and attended FDP on “Tips and Tricks for effective research paper publication in IEEE Transaction” at GSSSIETW Research Centre on 10th October 2020.
- Organized and attended FDP on “Doing Research: Challenges, Dos and Don’ts” at GSSSIETW Research Centre on 16th June 2020.
- Participated & completed successfully AICTE Sponsored Online Short Term Training Program on “Mathematical Foundations of Machine Learning (Linear Algebra & Probability Basis)” from 07th to 13th August 2020.
- Attended and successfully completed a Six weeks online Internshala Training on “Programming with Python “ with 78 % Marks scored from 1st August, 2020 to 12th September, 2020
- Attended Five days FDP on “Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotics”, VVCE, Mysuru from 6th to 10th July 2020.
- Completed Online NPTEL Course on Computer Networks and Internet Protocol from Jan-April 2020
- Attended Seven days “FDP on Data Science”, PANIMALAR university in association with IEEE Computer society and Computer Society of India from 20th to 26th July 2020.
- Participated in Three-days FDP on “Intellectual Property Rights in Engineering Educations”, ATME college of Engineering, Mysuru in association with KSCST, IISC Campus, Bengaluru from 29th to 31st July 2020.
- Attended Five days FDP on Contemporary Research methodology and LaTex for Research Documentation, Dept. of CSE, GSSSIETW from 20th to 24th July 2020.
- Attended Three days workshop on Drone Technology, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 15th to 17th June 2020.
- Attended and completed a course on Python for Data Science. And scored 94% Marks in the final exam conducted by Cognitive Class - DS0101EN, Powered by IBM Developer Skills Network. From 1st August to 20th August
- Attended and completed a course on Machine learning with Python. And scored 88% Marks in the final exam conducted by Cognitive Class - ML0101ENV3, Powered by IBM Developer Skills Network. From 1st August to 20th August.
- Attended and completed a course on Introduction to Data Science. And scored 100% Marks in the final exam conducted by Cognitive class - PY0101EN, Powered by IBM Developer Skills Network. From 1st August to 20th August.
- Attended one-day National Level webinar on “Satellites Aided Search & Rescue Services for Aircrafts, Ships & Individuals - System & its Functionalities” Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP - III), organised by Department of ECE, SJCE, JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru on 5th August 2020.
- Completed course on Network Simulation using NS2, Udemy and certified on 22nd Feb 2020.
- Completed Alison course on Introduction to Programming with Python and scored 95% on 1/07/2020.
- Completed Alison course on Programming Concepts with Python – Revised and scored 80% on 1/07/2020.
- Completed Alison course on Computer Networking - Wired and Wireless Networks and Protocols - Revised and scored 84% on 13/07/2020.
- Completed Alison course on Diploma in Computer Networking – Revised and scored 86%. on 30/06/2020.
- Completed Alison course on Introduction to Layers in a Network and Routing and scored 80% on 27/05/2020.
- Completed Alison course on Network Server Security - Protecting the Server and Client Computers – Revised and scored 80% on 6/06/2020.
- Completed Alison course on DEEP LEARNING – Revised and scored 88% on14/06/2020.
- Attended Three days FDP on Research Pedagogy –Tools and Skills, MIT, Mysuru from 24th to 26st August 2020.
- Attended Five days International workshop ON DEEP LEARNING, BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus from 22-26 August 2020.
- Attended Three days FDP on Digital classrooms, Diksoochii, Mysuru, from 11th May to 13th May 2020.
- Participated in Three days FDP on FPGA Implementation of Digital Design with Verilog HDL, VVCE, Mysuru from 5th to 7th August 2020.
- Participated in Five day’s workshop on Machine learning using Python, The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE) from 22nd to 26th June 2020.
- Resource Person for one day SDP on Introduction to MSP430 and its Applications, ECE Students, GSSSIETW, on 5th June 2020.
- Resource Person for One Week online Hands-on Skill Development Program on Fundamentals of Python Programming and its Applications, GSSSIETW, All Circuit Branch Students from 10th -14th August 2020.
- Attended a Webinar Series on Telemedicine, IoT and NanoScience, IEEE chapter, GSSSIETW from 10th to 12th June 2020.
- Attended a IEEE Webinar series by Women Leaders, IEEE chapter, Bangalore from 25th to 29th May 2020.
- Attended an International Seminar on Research and Innovation in Engineering & Technology, GSSSIETW on 16th Dec 2019.
- Coordinated for the “National Conference on Communication and Data Science “organized by the department of ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru in association with IETE and publication partners BJIT-Springer and IJCA on 26th April 2019.
- Coordinated and attended one day faculty development program on “Effective eResources Retrieval Strategies for Efficient Research” conducted under ECE VTU research centre , GSSSIETW in association with IEEE,Bangalore section on 9th Jan 2019.
- Attended Five days program on “CYBER SECURITY,NETWORK SIMULATORS AND RESEARCH CHALLENGES” from 16th Jan 2019 to 20th Jan 2019 organized by department of ECE,VVCE,Mysuru.
- Attended IEEE Distinguished Lecture Program (DLP) “Large Area Conformable E-Skin” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 19th December 2018 .
- Coordinated for International Conference (ICEECCOT-2018) at GSSSIETW, Mysuru during 14th and 15th of December 2018.
- Attended One week FDP on "IoT and Embedded System Design" from 24th Sept 2018- 28th Sept 2018 organized by Electronics and ICT Academy, IIT ,GUWAHATI in association with GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended training Programme on Energy Conservation Building Code for 4 days held on 25 July 2018 to 28th July 2018 at GSSSIETW, in association with KREDL, Mysuru.
- Coordinated for National Conference on “Electronics, Signals, Communication” (NCESC-2018)” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 17th May 2018.
- Attended “Quality Indicator Framework (QIF)” for NAAC Process 23rd Jul 2018 to 24th Jul 2018 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Organized a webinar program on “RTL Design & Functional Verification” by Maven Silicon Softech Pvt Ltd on 9th March 2018.
- Coordinated a workshop on “ Open source Embedded Systems “during 8th February - 10th February 2018.
- Attended Six days national level hands on workshop on “Network simulations using NS3”from 1st August 2017 to 6th August 2017 at NITTE Meenakshi Institute of technology ,Bengaluru.
- Coordinated International Conference for ICEECCOT-2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru during 15th and 16th of December 2017.
- Conducted SDP on “8051 Microcontroller” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 28th October 2017.
- Coordinated a workshop on “IOT and Embedded system” from 18th august 2017 to 19th august 2017 at GSSSIETW in association with DST.
- Coordinated a workshop on “IOT and Embedded system” from 11th august 2017 to 12th august 2017 at GSSSIETW in association with DST.
- Attended One Day Faculty Development Programme” on Research Methodology and Information security: An overview organized by ISTE chapter at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 9th June 2017.
- Coordinated National Conference on “Electronics, Signals, Communication” (NCESC-2017)” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 29th May 2017.
- Attended 3 days FDP on “Antenna Design and Analysis using ESI’s CEM Solution tools 2016”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 27th – 29th Jan 2016.
- Attended a workshop on “Recent Trends in Photonics”, organized by IEEE Photonics Society, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 29th Aug 2015.
- Attended, a FDP on "Real Time Wireless Sensor Network and Sensor Web", GSSSIETW Mysuru, 15th – 16th June 2015.
- Attended, a FDP on "LabVIEW", ATME Mysuru, 8th January 2015.
- Attended, a FDP on "International Excellence in Intelligent Systems", GSSSIETW Mysuru, 2nd - 4th April 2014.
- Attended Faculty Development Program on “Embedded System Design using MSP430” conducted by Department of Telecommunication Engineering, GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Participated and successfully completed One Week VTU- VGST Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Advances in Medical Imaging Techniques” at GSSSIETW during 26th to 30th March 2012.
- Participated in Workshop on LABVIEW at ATME, Mysuru on 8th Jan 2015
- Participated in Workshop on INTEL Atom Processor at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 2nd to 4th April 2014.
- Participated in Workshop on MATLAB at IETE, Mysuru on 8th and 9th Jan 2014.
- Participated in Workshop on MSP430 at SJCE, Mysuru on 10th and 11th July 2011
- Participated in one week workshop on Effective Laboratory Management in July 2007
- Presented Paper in International Conference in GNIT, Hyderabad on 8th Aug 2013.
Professional Membership :
- LMISTE, (Membership No.)-LM96867.
- MIETE, (Membership No.)-M237460.
Contact Details :
Department of ECE,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
My Vision :
To become a person with high professional skills in the field of Wireless Communication. To complete my research work at the earliest, to reach the position to guide my students to excel in the field of Electronics. To be an asset to my Department and College.