Faculty Name : Dr. Jagadisha N
Designation: Associate Professor
Department : Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Dr. Jagadisha N
B.E, M.Tech, Ph.D, MIEEE, AMIE, MISTE, MISLE
Academic Blogger: https://jagadishasbr.blogspot.com/
Orcid ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4650-184X
Google Scholar : https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=t5NOWQcAAAAJ&hl=en
Education Details :
- B.E, BMSIT, Bangalore VTU, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, 2008
- M.Tech SJCE,Mysore VTU Energy Systems Management 2012
- PhD, SJCE- Research center, VTU, High Voltage Engineering, 2020
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth : 10/02/1986
- Hobbies : Sports, Reading, Listening music
- Languages know : English, Kannada, and Hindi
Research Details :
Application of electrical discharges plasma technique for simultaneous removal of various pollutants using plasma hybrid technique.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Associate Professor Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, GSSSIETW, from December 2020 to till date
- Worked as Assistant Professor Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, GSSSIETW, from August 2012 to November 2020
- Worked as Senior Quality Audit Engineer (SQA) in Ramboll IMI Soft Bangalore from 2009- 2010
- Worked as a Design Engineer in SunLux Technologies Bangalore 2008-2009.
- "Plasma Based Hybrid Technique For Abatement Of Pollutants From Stationary Engine Exhaust - Type Of Fuel, Loading Condition And Flow Rate " published in Urban Air Quality Monitoring, Modelling and Human Exposure Assessment, Springer Book Chapter.
- Analyzing Voltage Profile and Transmission Loss of IEEE 13 Bus Test System With Two Different Dg’s in the JETIR ISSN UGC Approved & 5.87 Impact Factor Published in Volume 6 Issue 5 , May 2019
- Design, Implementation and Performance Evaluation of a Regenerative Braking System in Electrical Vehicles”, in the JETIR ISSN UGC Approved & 5.87 Impact Factor Published in Volume 6 Issues 5, May 2019.
- “Smart Way of Energy Utilization and Measurement in Industry Using LabVIEW” International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology Volume 4 Issue 6 ISSN: 2456-3307 PP917-920.
- “Smart Engine System for Train using Arduino Uno Kit and Generation of Electricity using Hybrid Energy” International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology Volume 4 Issue 6 ISSN : 2456-3307 PP967-972.
- “Alternative Communication Device For Stroke People” International Journal of Scientific
- Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology Volume 4 Issue 6
- ISSN: 2456-3307 PP973-975.
- Electrical discharge plasma for activation of adsorbent and catalytic materials for diesel engine exhaust treatment, Indian Journal of Advances in chemical sciences S1(2016), Pg: 82-87, June- July 2016.
- “Solar Wind Hybrid Power Generation using Optimised Techniques for distributed Generation”,
- IJIREEICE, vol-3, Spl issue 2, pg: 221- 225, April 2016.
- “ PLC and SCADA based Power Management in Industries”, IJRASE, vol-1,issue 10,Dec 2015
- “ A Laboratory Investigation of Pulsed Discharged based techniques for Engine Exhaust Treatment- Effect of Exhaust Nature and Operating Conditions” International Journal of Plasma Environmental Science & Technology (IJPEST), vol.6, no.3, pp215-221, Dec2012.
- “Electrical pulse discharge plasma augmented catalysis and adsorption for NOx /CO abatement from stationary diesel engine exhaust – Effect of system configuration, exhaust composition and concentration CPRI Journal Vol-13, No1, March 2017.
- “Abatement of Benzene & Toluene using Electric Discharge Plasma Technique-An Experimental Study” 2017 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT) 978-1-5386-2361- 9/17/$31.00 ©2017 IEEE pp 786-790 GSSSIETW on 15th December 2017
- “Electrical pulse discharge plasma augmented catalysis and adsorption for NOx /CO abatement from stationary diesel engine exhaust – Effect of system configuration, exhaust composition and concentration 18th Asian Conference on Electrical Discharge (ACED 2016) held at IIT Madras, Chennai, India, during 8-10 December 2016.
- “Plasma-Based Hybrid Technique for Abatement of Pollutants from Stationary Engine Exhaust- Effect of Loading Condition and Flow Rate” 1st Indian International Conference on Air Quality Management (IICAQM 2016)' at IIT Madras during February 15-16, 2016.
- “High voltage Distribution System for rural level” in national level paper presentation competition ‘ENIGMA-2016’ at MCE, Hassan on 6th March 2016.
- “Pulse Discharge Plasma based Techniques for removal of NOx from Engine Exhaust Effect of – type of fuel, exhaust nature and operating scheme”. Paper has been accepted in 2015 Annual Meeting of the Electrostatic Society of America California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, CA June 16 - 18, 2015.
- “Pulsed Discharge plasma based Techniques for removal of NOx from engine exhaust effect of- Type of fuel, Exhaust nature and Operating Scheme”, IEEE-ESA Annual Meeting, 2015.
- “Simulation and Experimental Studies on an Existing Industrial Electrostatic Precipitator” XIII International Conference on Electrostatic Precipitation-2013 Bangalore, India.
- ” NOx emission control in bio-diesel engine using combined engine valve time control and pulse discharge plasma based exhaust control technique”, in IEEE-IAS Annual meeting Oct-2013 PP 1-4.
- “A Laboratory Investigation of Pulsed Discharged based techniques for Engine Exhaust Treatment-
- Effect of Exhaust Nature and Operating Conditions” in IEE IAS Electrostatic Joint Conference, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada- June2012.
Faculty development activities :
- Trainer for Four Weeks Online Internship on "Communication Course using NI LabVIEW
- Software and Software Defined Radio" for VII semester students.
- Trainer for one week faculty development program on introduction to LabVIEW from 21st to 27th July 2020.
- Resource person for 3 Days Online hands on workshop on “Lab VIEW tool and its application in industrial process control” under ISLE from 04th to 06th August 2020 for 5th semester students.
- Trainer for 5 day Skill Development Program on “NI LabVIEW-Module-1” at GSSS Institute of Engineering &Technology for women, Mysuru from 28th January to 1st February 2019.
- Resource person for one day faculty development program on R&D Funding opportunities and Intellectual property right (IPR) at GSSSIETW, Mysore on 21st July 2016.
Seminars/Workshops Organized :
- A state level Inter college Online project Exhibition-2020 on 13th August 2020
- 3 Days Online hands on workshop on “Lab VIEW tool and its application in industrial process control” under ISLE from 04th to 06th August 2020 for 5th semester students
- Five days VTU TEQIP 1.3 sponsored Faculty Development program on “Recent trends and Applications of High Voltage - A step towards green environment” conducted from 27th July 2019 to 31st July 2019.
- A state level project exhibition Shakthi Staavara-2018 organized on 03rd may 2018 &
- 09th May 2019.
- Organized Various technical talks for 3rd, 5th & 7th semester students under ISLE student chapter.
- Organized Various workshops for 3rd, 5th & 7th semester students under ISLE student chapter.
Conference Organized :
- National conference on Intelligent Energy Systems – NCIES 2018 on 7th May 2018.
- National conference on Intelligent Energy Systems – NCIES 2019 on 9th May 2019.
- National conference on Power Systems & Industrial Automation (NCPSIA-2015) Held on 22nd August 2015 in Association with Schneider Electric
Workshops/ Seminars/ FDP attended :
- One week online faculty development program on contemporary scenario in power systems organized by department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering ATME College of Engineering from 25th to 30th July 2020.
- Five day online FDP on “Challenges and Opportunities in Smart Grid” organized by department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology from 20th to 24th July 2020.
- Five day TEQIP sponsored faculty Development Program on “ Power Electronics Applications to Renewable Energy Systems & Energy Storage Systems” organized by department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering National Institute of Engineering mysuru from 06th to 10th July 2020.
- Five day faculty Development Program on ICT Based Teaching & learning process from 1st to 5th July 2020.organized by RCP Roorkee
- One week workshop on “ Introduction to PLECS tool for power electronics applications organized by department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering Siddhartha engineering college from 2nd to 6th July 2020.
- Three day webinar on “ R& D in electronics engineering for academic Institutes in the current COVID-19 Scenario organized by Electronics & communication Engineering RNSIT from 24th to 26th June 2020.
- One day webinar on Protective devices for industry & utility organized by department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering Sai Ram Institute of technology on 14th June 2020.
- Four day webinar on “ Evolution of RF technology- role of academia & industry” organized by Electrical & Electronics Engineering JSS academy of technical education Noida on 22nd to 25th June 2020.
- Two day international webinar on “Real time modeling & control of energy systems and devices” organized by Electrical & Electronics Engineering JSS academy of technical education Noida on 11th & 12th June 2020.
- Six Days faculty program on “Energy Management Systems” organized by R.M.D engineering college from 8th to 13th June 2020.
- Three day webinar series on Drone Technology organized by department of ECE GSSSIETW Mysuru from 15th to 17th June 2020.
- Webinar on Electrical Switchgear and its applications, on 4th July 2020, Organized by Dept of EEE, GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Attended one day “Teacher Effectiveness Programme” by College for Leadership and Human Resource Development (CLHRD), Mangalore at GSSS Simha Subba Mahalakshmi First Grade College Mysuru on 13th January 2020.
- Attended VTU TEQIP - 1.3 sponsored 5 Day Program on "Outcome based education and NBA Accreditation" at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 7th to 11th Jan 2020.
- Attended 2nd International Seminar on "Research and Innovation in Engineering and Technology “at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 16th December 2019.
- VTU TEQIP-1.3 Sponsored Five Day program on “Outcome Based Education and NBA Accreditation” organized by ISE Department ,GSSSIETW,Mysuru from 7th to 11th Jan 2020.
- 2nd International Seminar on "Research and Innovation in Engineering and Technology “at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 16th December 2019
- Five day VTU TEQIP 1.3 sponsored Faculty Development programe on “Recent trends and Applications of High Voltage - A step towards green environment” conducted from 27th July 2019 to 31st July 2019.
- 4 Days FDEP on Control Systems from 16th January 2019 to 19th January 2019 at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Four day FDP on “Control System” Organized by EIE Department GSSSIETW from 16-
- 19 January 2019.
- Five Days Skill Development Workshop on NI LabVIEW Module 1- Core 1 & 2 on Monday 28th January 2019 organized by NI LabVIEW ACADEMY SCHOOL (LAS), GSSSIETW, Mysuru In association with National Instruments.
- Three day FDP on student Induction Program from 18-20 June 2018 sponsored by
- AICTE at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management Mangalore.
- Five days workshop on “NI-USRP” Organized by ECE department in association with
- National Instruments held from 17th – 20st September 2018.
- Five days training programme on “Applied Electrostatics in non-thermal plasma for environmental applications and control of bio particles” at SJCE, Mysuru from 21st to 25th December 2017.
- One day FDP on “Blooms taxanomy” under ISTE chapter on 11th September 2017.
- One week GIAN program on “Applied electrostatics and Non thermal plasma for environmental application & control of Bio particles from 21.12.17 to 25.12.17 at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering Mysuru Sponsored by MHRD
- 3days workshop on “Research methodologies”- IEEE Bangalore chapter at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 27th to 29th July 2016.
- One day awareness programme on Intellectual property rights on 23rd September 2016
- International Conference on Air quality Management and presented “Plasma based Hybrid technique for abatement of pollutants from stationary Engine exhaust/ type of fuel, loading condition and flow rate” at IIT, Chennai on 15th and 16th Feb 2016.
- Technical talk on “Research trends in image and signal Processing”, by Dr.
- Panduranga S, Dept of Technical education, Karnataka. on 27th feb 2016 Organized by the Dept of TCE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- One week TEQIP II sponsored FDP on sustenance of Energy and Environment: Challenges & Research dimension from 25th July to 30th July 2016
- Two days FDP on “Faculty effectiveness enhancement training programme” conducted by Suprijiv foundation at ECC center, Whitefield, Bengaluru from 25th to 26th Nov 2016.
- FDP on “R & D funding opportunities and intellectual property rights” at GSSSIETW on 21st July 2016
- FDP on “Cloud computing and education” organized through ISTE at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 20th July 2016
- One day FDP on “Outcome based education – NBA Workshop” on 7th June 2016 Under ISTE Forum at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Two-Day FDP on Sustainable Energies: An inter disciplinary Research Perspectives from 22-23 January 2016 at NIEIT Mysuru.
- FDP on “R & D Funding opportunities and Intellectual property rights” at KSIT, Bangalore from 28th to 30th March 2016.
- FDP on “Research thrust in Renewable Energy” at GSSSIETE from 27th to 29th Jan 2016.
- 2 days faculty development Programme on “Sustainable Energies- An Interdisciplinary Research Perspective”, organized by Dept. of EEE, NIEIT, Mysore on Jan 22nd and 23rd, 2016.
- Technical talk on “Sustainable Developments towards world class universities with focus on IIT system and their location & governance” at Institute of engineers India Mysore on 11 May-2015
- Five day FDP conducted by VGST on “Potential Research Avenues and Emerging Technologies in the field of Electrical Engineering” sponsored by VTU-VGST from 12th to 16th March 2012.
- Two day work shop on “Embedded System Design on MSP430” at GSSSIETW Mysore.
- Three day work shop on AutoCAD software at M.S. Engineering College Bangalore.
- Two day work shop on Effective writing of IEEE paper held at SJCE Mysore remote center, by IIT Bombay.
Academic Activities :
- Moderator for various subjects in SJCE Mysore, PES Mandya
- Industry Institute Interactions
- Paper Reviewer for 8th International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering ICETE-2018 May 14-15, 2018 NMAM Institute of Technology Nitte.
- Paper Reviewer for SN Computer Science - springer nature Journal
- Paper setting for UG & PG courses
Administrative Activities :
COMDE-K counseling , Department promotional videos & Poster design
Professional Membership :
- Life time Member for ISTE, Member ID-LM 96903
- Life time Associate Member for MIE, Member AM-162133-8
- Life time Associate Member for Indian Society of Lighting Engineer (ISLE)
- IEEE member – 97421087
Awards Received :
- Received 100% result award for various subjects handled in engineering.
- Best project award UG guided students at different places.
- Best paper awards at conferences held at different places.
Contact Details :
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Orcid ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4650-184X
Google Scholar :https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=t5NOWQcAAAAJ&hl=en
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 1127)
My Visions :
Leadership among the staff and with the administration is shared in order to bring consensus and common. Taking responsibility for the progress of all students & establishment of positive working conditions provide instruction encouraging all students to use modern skills and related projects are integrated among disciplines.